Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO lose and we go out in straight sets. Win and we go into the GF. Huge game. looking forward to it. We lucked out with Houston's suspension, means we have the edge on either end which will hopefully balance out our weaker midfield. Would be very surprised if Stewarts colors get lowered twice in a row as well.
If we are good enough to get into a GF should we beat Port, why are we not good enough to recover from a loss to them?
This is what I ask myself, because I also think it'll be straight sets if Port beats us.

If we are good enough to get into a GF should we beat Port, why are we not good enough to recover from a loss to them?
This is what I ask myself, because I also think it'll be straight sets if Port beats us.

Anything could happen obviously, but it comes down to needing Danger to carry the midfield to a break even for us against every team we play against. I can see him doing that twice in a row. Three big games seems improbable.

Anything could happen obviously, but it comes down to needing Danger to carry the midfield to a break even for us against every team we play against. I can see him doing that twice in a row. Three big games seems improbable.

We will beat the dogs or hawks but we wont win the flag the long way.

On selection id say sdk for bews and otherwise unchanged.

Rohan isnt doing much in the vfl-ive liked clohesy and clark but they are for next year.

We will beat the dogs or hawks but we wont win the flag the long way.

On selection id say sdk for bews and otherwise unchanged.

Rohan isnt doing much in the vfl-ive liked clohesy and clark but they are for next year.

SDK did okay in a losing team and is probably a monty for selection.
Can't say the same about Red Rohan which is disappointing (to me)
Ted and Jyhe, are guns biding their time, great to have in case of injuries (touch wood)

If we go tall then it's SDK for Bews with probably Tuohy sub.

If we go small and only one of SDK or Stanley I'd probably bring in MOC as sub for Bews. He looked to be running on top of the ground well and his versatility would be useful.

Who knows what Stanley has left in the tank.

Fit, and at his best he has always been able to match it with even the very best of the competition's ruckmen.
Equally, he has historically been just as likely to drop his bundle against an unheralded 2-stringer.

He's already a Premiership player; a big month here though and he can really cement his reputation from here until the caps melt/
Well he has no time then, the caps are already melting.

Re SDK in the ruck…I feel like his stats and perceived form as a ruck (with the exception of his first half against his brother) would suggest he is our best overall ruck option, even though Stanley has been “Good Stanley” of late. Let’s be realistic…he’s not a high-risk option, even if a little underdone, against PA rucks! We’d be far less likely to use him as a ruck against virtually any other current finalist.
I actually think it’s MORE pressure on him as a KPD. Notwithstanding the fact that our current KPDs should be able to handle Ports KPFs.
The midfield is PAs one wood. In fact it’s pretty much their only club in the bag!
SDK in the ruck virtually plays as an extra mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I reckon this is going to be a huge discussion at the MC.

Given he played full game maybe that means he isn’t in the mix against Port (I thought he was) for Ruck but I reckon it is not out of the question for future finals

I think it is because for us to play our best against the best we need the trinity of legends to play very well (Danger, Stewart and Cameron) and all 3 of them benefit from a break. Not to say we can’t win the next game against bulldogs - I think we can…but then to back up 3rd intense week in a row (preliminary final) let alone 4th (GF) I think it a bridge too far.

I reckon if we beat Port and get a break we will really believe we can win 2 in row

SDK did okay in a losing team and is probably a monty for selection.
Can't say the same about Red Rohan which is disappointing (to me)
Ted and Jyhe, are guns biding their time, great to have in case of injuries (touch wood)

Yeah i agree sdk comes in just a matter of how many talls we take with him (do we pick stanley or not).

Rohan was disappointing may have blown his chance at sub vest.
Clark and clohesy are so similar in their attack on the ball. Both are improving and will be afl regulars soon (but not for finals).

No one else is worth promoting as moc doesnt look back in form yet.

I think it is because for us to play our best against the best we need the trinity of legends to play very well (Danger, Stewart and Cameron) and all 3 of them benefit from a break. Not to say we can’t win the next game against bulldogs - I think we can…but then to back up 3rd intense week in a row (preliminary final) let alone 4th (GF) I think it a bridge too far.

I reckon if we beat Port and get a break we will really believe we can win 2 in row
exactly what i think, very logical given our list profile

Yeah i agree sdk comes in just a matter of how many talls we take with him (do we pick stanley or not).

Rohan was disappointing may have blown his chance at sub vest.
Clark and clohesy are so similar in their attack on the ball. Both are improving and will be afl regulars soon (but not for finals).

No one else is worth promoting as moc doesnt look back in form yet.
Some here said MOC looked good- he would be very handy as a run-with player. Do you believe Humphries will play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m confident.

Last time we lost to them our midfield got smashed. That midfield was missing - Dangerfield, Bowes and Bruhn!

Holmes has improved massively and Stewart now plays midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think the week off is handy for us this time. The sluggish starts seem to have been eliminated from our performances

I’m confident.

Last time we lost to them our midfield got smashed. That midfield was missing - Dangerfield, Bowes and Bruhn!

Holmes has improved massively and Stewart now plays midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not to mention we gave them nearly 50 points start as well and only went down by 6 it's no worse than a 50/50 game
in my opinion.

Some here said MOC looked good- he would be very handy as a run-with player. Do you believe Humphries will play?

Yes

Geelong Cats Second Qualifying Final GMHBA Health Update

Tom Stewart and Lawson Humphries

Tom Stewart and Lawson Humphries will be available to take on Port Adelaide next Thursday night after both players were proactively managed after halftime against West Coast.

Some here said MOC looked good- he would be very handy as a run-with player.

Difficult to judge. He simultaneously looked a class above VFL, and somewhat out of position on the wing. I suppose the upside was getting some km into his legs after his injury layoff, and that he got through the game intact. He'll be among the 26 or 27 players considered for selection IMO.

Humphries and stewart sound fine injury wise to me.

If moc was at his best id pick him as sub i like his versatility but hes been out of form. I think bowes can do the run with role.

Difficult to judge. He simultaneously looked a class above VFL, and somewhat out of position on the wing. I suppose the upside was getting some km into his legs after his injury layoff, and that he got through the game intact. He'll be among the 26 or 27 players considered for selection IMO.

I can see Merrick & Mullin named as emergencies

At halftime i was pretty confident we'd be seeing SDK named in the 22 come Wednesday night - but with him playing all 4 quarters, I'm 50/50 in regards to him playing Thursday night & wouldn't be surprised if to see him named as an emergency

So, Knevitt & Rohan lose their spots on the emergency list to be replaced by O'Connor and SDK (or if he's in the 22, whoever's spot he takes)

I can see Merrick & Mullin named as emergencies

At halftime i was pretty confident we'd be seeing SDK named in the 22 come Wednesday night - but with him playing all 4 quarters, I'm 50/50 in regards to him playing Thursday night & wouldn't be surprised if to see him named as an emergency

So, Knevitt & Rohan lose their spots on the emergency list to be replaced by O'Connor and SDK (or if he's in the 22, whoever's spot he takes)
Only 5 days recovery- how taxing did the game look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back