Qualifying Final 1: Geelong v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m making the trek over to Adelaide this weekend. I went to Sydney earlier in the year and also Adelaide a few weeks ago. I am just salivating at the thought of seeing finals victory interstate. I have been to a Port game in Adelaide before, yet to see us lose to Port over there, so hopefully that omen carries on!

Eriiin said:
Can't believe I have ********ing work and will not get to see it
Pull a sicky! Say that you’ve caught a bit of the Port syndrome and you can feel a coughing fit coming up on Sunday. ;)

Thats pretty rich coming from the side that turned losing in Grand Finals into an art form.

Anyway it should be a top game and I'm expecting a close one.

Bring it on.

marcus said:
Thats pretty rich coming from the side that turned losing in Grand Finals into an art form.

Bring it on.

Tougher Breed of Cat ;)

marcus said:

Bring it on.

Geelong's GF record is poor, but remind me how many GF's have port made?

your 2-7 finals record speaks for itself.

marcus said:

Make a GF before coming here and taking a cheap shot.

Shattered to see Jarad Rooke dropped.

He wasn't overly effective last weekend, but i'd have loved to see him given the same chances that others get to regain form after injury.

phatandphreaky said:
Shattered to see Jarad Rooke dropped.

He wasn't overly effective last weekend, but i'd have loved to see him given the same chances that others get to regain form after injury.
Well according to the team sheets, he has been ommitted due to injury. Yet another 'mystery' injury that this player seems to be good at getting. Would love to have seen him in the side. Is hard at it, doesn't get a lot of the ball himself, and when he does get it, is prone to poor vision, but puts so much pressure on the opposition forwards that turnovers often occur in Geelongs favour. Would have been ideal for this weekend.

Sammy D said:
Note: Always playing on after a mark & being tackled & kicking into the man on the mark from a set shot. :mad:

It's the gameplan to play on straight away and move the footy quickly putting the opposition under pressure with swift movement of the footy.

Catman said:
It's the gameplan to play on straight away and move the footy quickly putting the opposition under pressure with swift movement of the footy.

I understand that, but A) his kicking is very poor & B) he consistently gets caught wheeling around onto his right without looking because its predictable & he isnt the quickest player in the world. He should either go back and kick it quickly or give off a handball to a midfielder running through the lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Catman said:

Not happy with your comments mate. I agree the running game in football these days is important but surely you don't play on when a man is in arms length away from you!

Why is spriggs in the team while a presumably fit enright and wojcinski watch from the stands ?!?
dont understand it ...

also wojcinski and gardiner have played 18 and 17 games respecively this season ...both unlucky to be overlooked for spriggs

They said earlier on the news that enright and wojcinski are travelling to adelaide as emergencies. I really spriggs is a late withdrawal. It would be a disgrace for him to keep either of those two out.

There was also some vision of S. Johnson he looked pretty chripy, so hopefully he will be right to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Qualifying Final 1: Geelong v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back