Qualifying Final - Geelong vs St Kilda - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit rough to say the saints didn't deserve to win it due to a free kick that was marginal going to them. What about the goal Dawson tapped through or Stokes soft as free kick that he scored a goal from.

Had been thinking the umps had been fairly invisible. . . Maybe a match-up for the free on Gwilt for the Selwood duck a few minutes before?

I was also thinking, until the last few minutes, that Geelong would have no excuses for the loss. Mooney and Johnson didn't have 'shockers', were just outplayed.

Well done, Saints. Will always remember Lenny's bump of Chapman. Gold.

Bit rough to say the saints didn't deserve to win it due to a free kick that was marginal going to them. What about the goal Dawson tapped through or Stokes soft as free kick that he scored a goal from.

You had the rub of the green all night, except for a 15 minute patch in the third quarter when they were evening up the free kick count.

Free kick was definately there.

The Saints were stupid though playing stupid defensive football in the last quarter. The Saints missed alot in the first half Cats missed loads in the second, what we know about these teams is that they are extremely even.

Harry Taylor was lazy in the last 6 mins, St Nick got 5 hit outs in that time to gets us first ball.

Riewoldt killed Taylor tonight.

Sounds like there would've been less of an uproar by St Kilda fans, had it not been paid.

Fair call?

Absolutely fair call. Was marginal at best. Gwilt disposed of the ball, Mooney tackled, Gwilt fell forward and went to ground, pulling Mooney with him. He didn't even fall on his back, more to the side.

Umpire just lost his head. Either that or he's as crooked as a Pakistani cricketer.

Geelong supporters and others should not complain.There were atleast 3 bullshit free kicks payed to geelong for high,WHICH WERE SOFT AS ****.Johnson kicked a goal and stokes a point so geelong supporters stfu and cop the loss stop whinging u lucked out last yr in the grand final and now it has bitten u back.

A bullshit freekick. I'm sick of umpires paying in the back when the tackled player falls forward through momentum (in this case Gwilt actually launched himself forward - nothing Mooney could do or did).

Just saw the free kick, and apologies to Cats' fans, but it was there.

Although Mooney tackled Gwilt around the waist, there was still the 'in the back' motion, that we've seen penalised all year.

Heard Cam tell the umpire that he "...cost them (cats) the game." Obviously emotions are high, but Mooney's in the wrong on this occasion.

In terms of why Dawson was given the kick, I'd put that down to umpire error.

Free was there. Karma - I've watched GAblett fall forward when touched to milk a free often time.

More surprising to me was how Mooney got away without a 50m called against him. Gutless umpire should have called him - how often have we seen a 50m paid for far less than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"You just lost us the game..."

LOL, NO.

You dumbarse.

Those free kicks (which WAS there), are paid throughout any game, regardless of the quarter, the time, or the area on the ground.

What lost you the game was being down by 5+ goals in the early stages of the matc and dragging it all out to the end.

DEAL WITH IT.

free kick was there.

Mooney telling the ump that they had just lost the game was priceless. i think he knew deep down that HE had just lost them the game. Gwilt was probably going to lose the ball anyway, and he made NO attempt to roll to the side at all.

it doesn't matter that gwilt fell forward - mooney landed on his back, which means a free kick for push in the back, end of story. sitting next to a mate of mine who follows geelong , he knew it was in the back as well.

how about geelong fans focus on the fact they kicked 1.7 in the last quarter from 17 inside 50's to 5 or any other error that occurred during the match for that matter

Geelong supporters and others should not complain.There were atleast 3 bullshit free kicks payed to geelong for high,WHICH WERE SOFT AS ****.Johnson kicked a goal and stokes a point so geelong supporters stfu and cop the loss stop whinging u lucked out last yr in the grand final and now it has bitten u back.

:thumbsu:

Watching the Cats celebrate PRICELESS :eek:

Free kicks are paid the same from start to finish, circumstances do not change just because "it's the dying stages of the game"... if the free kick is there, it is paid. No special treatments. And that's how it should stay.

The umpire was good in that he did not succumb to the pressure of the game and paid what was there. Very professional.

If anyone lost Geelong the game, it's Geelong. Shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. Get over it.

That ump had money on the Saints. Terrible decision given the conditions, no feel for the game whatsoever.

Rule don't change because of the conditions, the rules are rules wet or dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Qualifying Final - Geelong vs St Kilda - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back