Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs West Coast - Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Hodge, Rioli, Bruest, Hartung.
Out: Litherland, Sicily, Smith (inj) Howe (would love to keep him in but next year for him).
Duryea gives 100%, again, didn't get credit for a mark in the 2nd where he could've been KO'd. Would have him in over Suckling who's a better kick but doesn't go as hard as Duryea.

Smokey will be the Ruck, Clarko always does something out of the blue, and as much as I love Ceg's I hope we keep BB and Hale in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally.... the greatest team of the AFL era vs the club that's shown the biggest single-preseason improvement since Essendon of 2012 or Geelong in 2007.

West Coast are sure to inject a lot of pace into their side and I'm expecting them to be pumped up to the eyeballs for the contest, with lots of pep in their step.
The secret sauce for Simpson will be tweaking the chemistry of their lineup, they looked a little top heavy against us last time but with huge amounts of strength around the packs. We know they are lightning quick, but the real threat is their remarkable endurance. Schofield and McGovern are under injury clouds but the Eagles have been recovering from injury phenomenally well this year so I expect both to play.

I'll back our team anywhere anytime, but the Eagles are sure to play out of their skins. Its not often you see a young team lose its' two best defenders for the season and go on to have close to the best defense in the league... I'd love to know what their secret is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back