Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedford not getting up isnt being talked about enough. He's been doing the tagging job pretty well most weeks.
agree. He has been doing a great job and I feel the opposition needs a good tagger to limit one of our big 3. Feel this gives us an edge.

I can't help but feel sorry for Adams. Suspect we signed him to play plenty of minutes on ball but the injuries to Mills, Parker and himself forced us to give big minutes to Rowie, Chad and Heeney. They stamped themselves as our best combo. With Parker playing forward, Mills playing back, Errol and JMac indispensable, but all available to play on ball, Adams would appear to be the odd one out.

But as many have noted, one injury or bad game, and he's first back in. Definitely haven't written him off for our finals campaign.
Agreed and we need to have selection integrity.. yes he has tried his heart out but his turnovers/disposals have become quite problematic. With a full complement available there are going to be some v tough calls. As you say not a bad player to call upon if any players are injured etc

What are the match ups for us in D?
McCartin - Hogan
Melican - Cadman
Rampe - Greene
Cunningham - Daniels
Leaves Blakey/Mills for the other 2 spots?
McCartin and Melican have been great at rolling up the field to cover so I expect that to continue and it makes it easier with Mills back there.

Up the other end.
Amartey - Taylor
McDonald - Buckley
McLean - Himmelberg
Hayward - Perryman
Papley - Idun
Jordon - Whitfield

Does Ash start on the pine like named?
Does Jordon come on from the start and get Whitfield before he can get hot?

I don't think size is as huge for us as some of think it is.

Heeney, Rowbottom, Mills, Parker can all play big in midfield, McInerney is great in the contest and a big body, we have Grundy who almost operates as another midfielder, lastly both Warner and Gulden have played inside before.

We have depth there.

It's actually one of the best balanced Swans sides I have ever seen.
Thanks, I needed that.

I’m trying to osmotically absorb your confidence.

After last night I can’t shake the apprehension that Geelong are going to utterly destroy everyone in their path.

So thank you.

McCartin - Hogan
Melican - Cadman
Rampe - Greene
Cunningham - Daniels
McCartin and Melican have been great at rolling up the field to cover so I expect that to continue and it makes it easier with Mills back there.

Up the other end.
Amartey - Taylor
McDonald - Buckley
McLean - Himmelberg
Hayward - Perryman
Papley - Idun
Jordon - Whitfield

Melican to Hogan imo

Thanks, I needed that.

I’m trying to osmotically absorb your confidence.

After last night I can’t shake the apprehension that Geelong are going to utterly destroy everyone in their path.

So thank you.

Geelong struggle with pure speed.

Port are ironically a great match up for them (exact opposite of us, where port are our horror match up).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning folks. Hope you enjoyed last night, I ran out of popcorn again after immersing myself in Sack Hinkley 11.

So what you saw last night is what happens when you rest players, run fitness blocks in order to mange for peak performance. Geelong planned for this after their first bye.

To borrow a line from Shane Crawford, ‘that’s what I’m talking’ aboouuut’

That’s right, late season form, winning streaks, champion data this, champion data that means zero when compared to the human psyche. We’ve had nothing to play for, ran fitness blocks, rotated and rested and took a very conservative approach to injury returnees.

And that is what we will see tomorrow night. A highly motivated, fully rested swans prepared to do whatever it takes to win.

I’m not sure my heart rate will get over 60 for this one, just another beautiful spring afternoon with a couple of drinks among friends at the SCG.

Oh, we will win and win by plenty. Of course will. And this board knows it too, some too scared to embrace it.

We already have one hand on the cup.

It’s showtime.

JHWF - arrogant, a rock of confidence and true believer.

Morning folks. Hope you enjoyed last night, I ran out of popcorn again after immersing myself in Sack Hinkley 11.

So what you saw last night is what happens when you rest players, run fitness blocks in order to mange for peak performance. Geelong planned for this after their first bye.

That’s right, late season form, winning streaks, champion data this, champion data that means zero when compared to the human psyche. We’ve had nothing to play for, ran fitness blocks, rotated and rested and took a very conservative approach to injury returnees.

And that is what we will see tomorrow night. A highly motivated, fully rested swans prepared to do whatever it takes to win.

I’m not sure my heart rate will get over 60 for this one, just another beautiful spring afternoon with a couple of drinks among friends at the SCG.

Oh, we will win and win by plenty. Of course will. And this board knows it too, some too scared to embrace it.

It’s showtime.

Excellent! Do you expect we will have some fast players take to the field?? And if so, do you like fast players?

FWIW, I also enjoyed Sack Hinkley 11 12. A bigfooty guilty pleasure for many I would think.

It’s showtime.

Amen! I am a believer too.
We are so Cherry ripe.
This is what the Cats did in 22 - rested players and didn’t rush players back from injury.
We even had the luxury to carry Mills to give him enough time to build for finals.
While other teams have been scrambling to make the top 4 or 8, we’ve had our sole focus on getting the troops prepared for September. It bodes well.

Yea nah, McCartin is one of the only defenders in the league that has a good record against Hogan recently and Hogan actively tries in games to get a switch on to Melican

I think Melican is in better form , but you are probably right on who will start on him .

McCartin - Hogan
Melican - Cadman
Rampe - Greene
Cunningham - Daniels

Up the other end.
Amartey - Taylor
McDonald - Buckley
McLean - Himmelberg
Hayward - Perryman
Papley - Idun
Jordon - Whitfield

I reckon you have our defensive match ups spot on.
I would assume Lachie Keeffe plays third tall back up ruck, so Blakey would likely play on him when he is forward. XOH and Darcy Jones are the other two forward types that the likes of Roberts and Mills will play on.

Listening to SEN yesterday, they felt like Perryman would go to Errol on a wing and try and hurt him the other way (Perryman has hit the scoreboard against us a lot in the past)

Jordon and Whitfield will be a lock.

It’s showtime.

"Plus actor"

363e531d60cc46805490b400bf77961d.gif

Sorry I can’t get over how much you remind me of this character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back