Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the match ups for us in D?
McCartin - Hogan
Melican - Cadman
Rampe - Greene
Cunningham - Daniels
Leaves Blakey/Mills for the other 2 spots?
McCartin and Melican have been great at rolling up the field to cover so I expect that to continue and it makes it easier with Mills back there.

Up the other end.
Amartey - Taylor
McDonald - Buckley
McLean - Himmelberg
Hayward - Perryman
Papley - Idun
Jordon - Whitfield

Does Ash start on the pine like named?
Does Jordon come on from the start and get Whitfield before he can get hot?
I think we'll pretty much double team Hogan. So much of their entry is focused on him that it's pretty necessary. McCartin and probably Rampe as the second. Mills for Greene with Blakey loose hopefully.
Don't forget Roberts. I suspect we may play 7 in defence a fair bit of the time with Lloyd or Campbell dropping back.
Team defence means we'll switch around a fair bit but we'll need to avoid mismatches.

I think we'll pretty much double team Hogan. So much of their entry is focused on him that it's pretty necessary. McCartin and probably Rampe as the second. Mills for Greene with Blakey loose hopefully.
Don't forget Roberts. I suspect we may play 7 in defence a fair bit of the time with Lloyd or Campbell dropping back.
Team defence means we'll switch around a fair bit but we'll need to avoid mismatches.
The thought of any of our defenders double teaming gives me nightmares of them just falling over each other.

I feel like our players double teaming a marking target increases the chance of the target marking it.

Looking forward to seeing what Rowbottom can do in a final now that he's gone to another level this year. His kind of game is built for finals and we'll need him at his tackling and harassing best to quell the influence of Tom Green.

Omission of GWS Toby Bedford is a bonus for us.
Swans Taylor Adams unlucky, but the right call.

Twilight game scheduling: don't tell me the AFL would mind this spectacle..
SCG_dusk.PNG

View attachment 2102518
Whilst I hate the timeslot, the only time I have ever watched a game of footy and thought, "**** these visuals are sexy" is during twilight games at the SCG. It's just a total vibe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2102518
Bedford is a decent out. Footy Live app has him ranked number one in AFL in average pressure points (70.1) since Round 16.

We have a few guys coming off 2 ordinary finals in a row.
Everyone only thinks about the GF when looking at our finals performance in 2022 yet choose to totally forget the wins we had in the qualifying and preliminary finals. As Meatloaf said "Two out of three aint bad". We just chose the wrong one in which to be bad.

Everyone only thinks about the GF when looking at our finals performance in 2022 yet choose to totally forget the wins we had in the qualifying and preliminary finals. As Meatloaf said "Two out of three aint bad". We just chose the wrong one in which to be bad.

Didn't forget them at all, but a lot of guys were poor in 22 granny and then followed it up last year as well.

2/3 is great but I wouldn't mind the 3/3 again🤣

I'm almost torn as to what would be the easier path to a GF for us. The obvious answer is to win this week and go straight through to a home prelim. What worries me about that is that our opponent would most likely be either Port or the Dogs. Two sides that have both given us a recent hiding.
Alternatively, if we were to lose to GWS, we would most likely play Brisbane next week at the SCG. A game I'm confident we would win. Then play against Geelong in the prelim, albeit at the MCG, but I would fancy our chances with that matchup.
Then again, if the Dogs are the one team I fear most, it's probably better to play them at home in the prelim, rather than have a repeat of 2016. I couldn't bear that.

Last edited:
Didn't forget them at all, but a lot of guys were poor in 22 granny and then followed it up last year as well.

2/3 is great but I wouldn't mind the 3/3 again🤣
We lost to Carlton by 6 points with an undermanned team. Carlton then went on to the prelim.
It's hardly like we played terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back