"Questions that don't warrant a thread" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know those threads - someone just has a question and the only way to air it is to start a thread. Then that thread only gathers a handful of responses before falling off the board.

Well, that's what this thread is all about. Ask them questions that only need a single answer here. Or if you want to find out what Thorp is up to, perhaps pose the question here.

Or if we see a thread that's struggling, we might move it in here too.

Re: Threads that don't deserve a thread

Ok.

Is there a definitive answer on how many rookie elevations we are allowed now, and when will they be announced?

How's Mitch Thorp going? Is there any chance he might play a few games for us this year?

Heard he might have a few attitude problems. Cheers

If this is the case, this is going to become the longest thread in bigfooty history! :rolleyes:

It might be the only thread on the board, bar the game day thread!

Great idea, Griz.

I have received my membership card but not the hat, scarf etc...

Should I call the club or are a few of you in the same boat?
I got my stuff ages ago (I renewed in September/October admittedly), but you should have received it by now. Call the club... call Jeff! He's got nothing else to do.

Great idea, Griz.

Should I call the club or are a few of you in the same boat?

Shepp dont bother calling mate.
They ran out of hats 2 months ago.
The new order will arrive soon and all membership packs will be delivered before round 1.
I dont have mine either but I am expecting to see it this week.
Cheers

Ok.

Is there a definitive answer on how many rookie elevations we are allowed now, and when will they be announced?
Haven't seen one yet (sadly the situation is quite fluid & the croad situation obscures it)) but I reckon it could be up to 4!

1 for croad who is still on our list as a veteran (although he has retired).

1 for croad who is on the LT injury list (I don't see this a double dipping).

1 for luke lowden who just went on the LTIL.

And 1 for taylor if he goes on the LTIL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from what I have heard, there were around 5,000 members who are waiting on caps, they landed at the mail-house late last week so should begin sending out this week.

I got my stuff ages ago (I renewed in September/October admittedly), but you should have received it by now. Call the club... call Jeff! He's got nothing else to do.

Shepp dont bother calling mate.
They ran out of hats 2 months ago.
The new order will arrive soon and all membership packs will be delivered before round 1.
I dont have mine either but I am expecting to see it this week.
Cheers

from what I have heard, there were around 5,000 members who are waiting on caps, they landed at the mail-house late last week so should begin sending out this week.

Thanks guys:thumbsu:

Any thoughts on playing Rough down back?

and

What is B1's role?

Does this thread mean this board is now officially elitist?

So the Mods decide which threads are worthy?

How many responses make a thread worthwhile?

How does it exactly hurt anyone if a thread has been started with not many responses?

Dont get me wrong all power with you, you guys obviously always have relevant and thought provoking posts, just dont think this nescessary

Please dont give me this clogging up the board nonsense either, how hard is it to read a thread title and decide to read or ignore?

jm2cw

Does this thread mean this board is now officially elitist?

So the Mods decide which threads are worthy?

How many responses make a thread worthwhile?

How does it exactly hurt anyone if a thread has been started with not many responses?

Dont get me wrong all power with you, you guys obviously always have relevant and thought provoking posts, just dont think this nescessary

Please dont give me this clogging up the board nonsense either, how hard is it to read a thread title and decide to read or ignore?

jm2cw

Nah, just more a thread for questions - the membership one was a good example.

But yeah, we get an absolute heap of repetition on threads. And after they've been repeated often enough, the responses just drop right off. Just want people to think a little before automatically creating new threads - like using the search function etc.

just saw some tiwi island footy the team in the hawks colours won !!! it was their GF

Tapalinga Super Stars is the team, did it easy in the end, a good omen if i ever saw one.

:spade:

Bit personal isn't Grizz, excited yes, but up? no comment will suffice.

:spade:

truth is the herd starts dropping calves next week and i'm stuck with either the ABC or crocmedia's shite calling via the local radio station to meet my needs, more pity me.:(

Any thoughts on playing Rough down back?

and

What is B1's role?

Roughy down back,Buddy in the ruck - leaves us with us forward line equivalent to the Oodnadatta Oddballs

I'll bite,What is B1's role? Promoting Tiger Balm?

Haven't seen one yet (sadly the situation is quite fluid & the croad situation obscures it)) but I reckon it could be up to 4!

1 for croad who is still on our list as a veteran (although he has retired).

1 for croad who is on the LT injury list (I don't see this a double dipping).

1 for luke lowden who just went on the LTIL.

And 1 for taylor if he goes on the LTIL.

I'm pretty sure what we get for not having a second veteran-listed player is an extra rookie. The final list including rookies is supposed to be 48 - so we have (had) 38 listed players, one veteran outside the list, and nine rookies.

The question is, do we get to upgrade a rookie because our veteran (outside the list) has retired? I think we do, but I'm not certain.

I think it's four, on that basis - Croad, Lowden, Bailey, Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back