"Questions that don't warrant a thread" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Threads that don't deserve a thread

The question is, do we get to upgrade a rookie because our veteran (outside the list) has retired? I think we do, but I'm not certain.
If we didn't get to upgrade a rookie due to his retirment you can bet the club would have been smart enough to have Croad retire unofficially, but officially, he would have been on the LTI so we get another rookie that way.

My understanding of the elevated rookie rules is that you have 2 elevated rookies or veterans (so with Croad gone we have two rookies there). Plus you can elevate a third mid year. Plus one for each LTI (officially only Lowden, but Taylor, and maybe also Bailey could go on).

Our two non-LTI rookies have to be nominated before the season starts I think, so we should know who soon. The LTI guys will be left until they are needed.

[edit]Fan footy has an article on rookie elevations: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/blog/2010/01/21/2010-afl-rookie-elevations/
They suggest that Croad is indeed counted as an LTI, but that is from January and may have been before his retirement.

Haven't seen one yet (sadly the situation is quite fluid & the croad situation obscures it)) but I reckon it could be up to 4!

1 for croad who is still on our list as a veteran (although he has retired).

1 for croad who is on the LT injury list (I don't see this a double dipping).

1 for luke lowden who just went on the LTIL.

And 1 for taylor if he goes on the LTIL.

Hang on don't we get one for Robbie Campbell? I thought he retired after list lodgement, meaning we were down one spot on the senior list, or was this addressed by filling it with a draft pick?

Hang on don't we get one for Robbie Campbell? I thought he retired after list lodgement, meaning we were down one spot on the senior list, or was this addressed by filling it with a draft pick?
Already retired - I did forget max though :rolleyes:.

Perhaps we get 5!

I don't see anyone else around here, so you must be talking to me?
No, tbh I don't really care, but I have wondered and it definitely is a question not worthy of a thread.

I don't see anyone else around here, so you must be talking to me?
No, tbh I don't really care, but I have wondered and it definitely is a question not worthy of a thread.

Pretty simple really: Grizzly was taken as a user name, and 'M' is part of my name.

I kinda figured that much out.
This thread must make thrilling reading.

At least it's in one place!
Speaking to one of your club spies on Friday night - seems there is some optimism down at Bomber land. A sort of, 'on our day we'll beat anyone, but we'll drop our fair share of games to sides we shouldn't' mentality.

Speaking to one of your club spies on Friday night - seems there is some optimism down at Bomber land. A sort of, 'on our day we'll beat anyone, but we'll drop our fair share of games to sides we shouldn't' mentality.
Doesn't surprise. Went better against Saints than against Tiges last year, for example. This year we're looking a lot, lot better in terms of injuries than just about any time I can remember.

Has been exactly the same since 2000 at Essendon unfortunately. They have so many front-runners in their side that on their day they can probably match it with most of best clubs, but then they go and lose to Fremantle, North and Richmond so what's the point?

Without Lloyd and Lucas, they won't have enough firepower (or diversions as they were often used in their twilight) to kick a winning score against the good defences.

Has been exactly the same since 2000 at Essendon unfortunately. They have so many front-runners in their side that on their day they can probably match it with most of best clubs, but then they go and lose to Fremantle, North and Richmond so what's the point?

Without Lloyd and Lucas, they won't have enough firepower (or diversions as they were often used in their twilight) to kick a winning score against the good defences.
(please indulge, mods, for just one round of responses)
Who (in our 22) is a front-runner? Stanton's a bit of a kick-chaser - but he does it well enough to rack up plenty of touches, and gets a few tackles now... who else? Prismall's not overly hard-edged but gets involved when it's his turn to go. Atko, Houli I'll give you, but they're (hopefully) depth at this stage.
Knights has worked bloody hard to get rid of some of Sheedy's legacy - the really one-way players, ie Lovett (and conversely Pev/Bolton) , and the mentality that went along with that - quite a lot of guys have stepped up their defensive stuff. Stanton and Dyson have really improved in this area.

EDIT: Anyway.. .I would have thought one-way, front-runner teams would stomp on the pox sides, and struggle when it got tough.
We struggle against the pox sides, and go alright when it's a better opponent. We just haven't been able to maintain consistency week-to-week. For whatever reason - our fitness bloke reckons we were way, way down on fitness when he arrived; and probably the constant ins and outs with injury has not been helping with the amount of depth we (don't) have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When they happen.
You don't have to do it by any specific date (as far as I know, anyway); and you do have to pay them more $$$ as soon as they're on the main list. Hence most clubs would leave it until you're going to select them.
FWIW (dunno if you'll make more of a song and dance about it) last year the first anyone knew of one of the EFC rookies being upgraded was when he was a late-ish inclusion to the seniors.

When they happen.
You don't have to do it by any specific date (as far as I know, anyway); and you do have to pay them more $$$ as soon as they're on the main list. Hence most clubs would leave it until you're going to select them.
FWIW (dunno if you'll make more of a song and dance about it) last year the first anyone knew of one of the EFC rookies being upgraded was when he was a late-ish inclusion to the seniors.
cant sing or dance mate but cheers for the heads up..:thumbsu:

The nominated rookie must be named prior to the start of the season, the elevated rookies "replacements for LTI players" can be elevated whenever the club feels the need.

Slats, I always thought the M stood for mofo, seems I was wrong.
I sit corrected then. That example I gave obviously didn't cover the nominated rookies.

I've got a question, what are those little padlocks that seem to have suddenly started littering threads on this board in the last 2 weeks & how did we manage to survive with so few of them over the last 10 years.

I think they're a bloody good idea but they do pose one problem that a few people might not be aware of....on at least a couple of occassions I wanted to post something in a thread but a side effect of those little padlocks is that you can't.

I've got a question, what are those little padlocks that seem to have suddenly started littering threads on this board in the last 2 weeks & how did we manage to survive with so few of them over the last 10 years.

I think they're a bloody good idea but they do pose one problem that a few people might not be aware of....on at least a couple of occassions I wanted to post something in a thread but a side effect of those little padlocks is that you can't.

Which threads, mate?

Some of the threads just get closed - like when a match day one gets exhausted. Others are just announcements etc. You can always PM us if you want to add something.

Does anyone know how to boot out an unknown person from my Supercoach League?

I have looked through the help section that does mention that an Admin (which i guess I am seeing as I created the league) can does this, yet doesn't specify how?

How good is Shaun Burgoyne going to be playing as a fourth midfielder behind Mitch, Hodge and Sewell, and hence not being tagged?

Conversely, how good will Mitch, Hodge or Sewell be without a tag when Burgoyne cops one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back