AFL Autopsy R 22 V Carlton, our 2013 bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

the morning after how sweet!
More thoughts....
Hardys game was very very handy
Like the look of dalgleish lovely kick
Only one thing i like about Carlton and its the human beard Simpson god hes a gun for someone who looks like an indie hipster
Hirds presser this guy just baffles me he is a champion of the highest pedigree f... the haters

We are completely spent and played like shit last night and again benefited from the inability of Carlton to put us away. It is not like there is anything to be gained from the rest of the season except for more beltings.

It will be less short term pain to be stripped of points than it would for Hird to not coach for a full year (which is going to create all sorts of developmental problems). If I had to choose, because we are between a rock and a hard place, I'd lose the points rather than the players' mentor. I feel like we can have so much more momentum going into 2014 by keeping everyone together than having all of the bullshit about the return of Hird distracting the club for another season.

Few positives tonight IMO

Hurley showed his importance in the front half IMO. His ability to continue presenting is second to none. Combine Hurley and Jack Watts into one player and you would have the best forward in the comp. Still needs to learn leading patterns and where the space will open up, was often caught between the lines a few times last night. Overall though, he would have been in my best 5 players on the ground last night.

Jobe Watson is a gun. I would not wish the adversity that he has gone through this year to anyone. He has gone gone about his business like any other day and the respect he has earnt from Essendon supporters would have grown 10 - fold. Never gives in and has that follow me type mentality.

Cale Hooker must surely be in our top 10 at the Chricton. He has been stellar and once again showed how valuable he is to us. Love the way he is going about it, playing within his limitations and often giving it to a teammate in a better position.

Brendon Goddard is worth every cent IMO. His big game play has been invaluable to the younger guys around the squad and once again showed last night why we were so desperate to get him. Loved the mongrel he brings to our team and standing up for his team mates.

Shout out to Tayte Pears who has really proven myself wrong, he has been really good in a few games this year and last night was no less. Stood up and did the job when the going was tough taking some telling marks and used the ball really well for the most part. Definitely apart of our future IMO.

Another player who I have been critical of at times is Kyle Hardingham. Last night he did some telling things, a last ditch fist, a crucial mark there, not the most gifted player but he has a fair dinkum crack.

Someone who will go largely unheralded in the win last night will be David Myers. I have been one of his biggest bashers, but I am starting to come around to him. Was a bull at a red cloth in close at times and used the ball well. Love it when he pivots on that left leg and has a laser - like ping at the goals.

People have been questioning Mark Baguley recently, his disposal to the leading forwards was absolutely fantastic, some of the best kicking to advantage of our forwards we have seen all year. Those passes to the leading Hurley early in the first half was superb. Could we see Baguley used as a deffensive forward? I think it could be an option. Loved his endeavour when he was near the ball but sometimes lacked the stamina to keep going.

Lauchlan Dalgleish showed why I have been raving on about him after everytime I have seen him in the reserves. Couple of times he put the afterburners on to (except to the quickest Carlton bloke out there - Chris Yarran) burn past Carlton opponents. Loved the TRB to entrust 'Kenny' with the kick ins. People will see some rapid improvement in him in the next 20 games (hopefully) and we will all be wondering, "wow, what a recruit".

And last but not least, well played to Benny Howlett, coming on as sub and having a real impact on the game. 11 possessions in just over a quarter was super. 5 tackles to match was super.

I wish I could explain how I felt when the siren went. I’m generally a pretty reserved spectator, with the odd comment, I never overly celebrate or get out of my chair, but last night emotions took over, and I celebrated as if it was I who kicked the game sealing goal. It was a f**king incredible feeling, one I’ve never felt before (I was at the 2000 grand final as a 10 year old). Despite not playing all that great, that was one of the best wins I’ve ever witness, can’t wait to own that game on DVD.
I f**king love this club so much.

Not going to go into depth about individual player performances, this is one to just sit back, and smile and really enjoy.

Utmost respect to the Carlton supporter next to me whose Son would boo Jobe Watson when he was lining up goal, but to my surprise he goes to his son ‘’Son, you do not boo Jobe Watson, he is a champion of the game’’ when Jobe kicked that goal, he actually stood up and applauded him.

Well my voice hasn't recovered. What a win for some many reasons. Anyone who wants to believe there will be a 'mass exodus' then keep on thinking that you flogs. What heart, what guts.. This team is going places and I am going to enjoy every ****ing minute of it.

And to Carlton? You suck.

Utmost respect to the Carlton supporter next to me whose Son would boo Jobe Watson when he was lining up goal, but to my surprise he goes to his son ‘’Son, you do not boo Jobe Watson, he is a champion of the game’’ when Jobe kicked that goal, he actually stood up and applauded him.

If only every mature adult out there could take the same attitude. I hope it is one of those 'fads' that dies out in the off season.

Shame on any individual who boo's a champion for no reason.

Hat's off to the gent next to you.. may he be joined by many more in the future.

The most heart wrenching moment for mine was when the team DID NOT sing the song until James Hird came out from a closed team meeting room, receiving a rousing applause from EVERYONE IN THE CHANGEROOMS (yes, parents, friends, players, support staff, EVERYONE).

Was good to see the people who it has hit the closest throughout the whole year was apart of that song. Goodwin, Egan, Wellman, Doc Reid, Heppell got in on it.

The raw emotion poured into the rendition of the song brought a tear to my eye and showed how galvanised the playing group and everyone was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most heart wrenching moment for mine was when the team DID NOT sing the song until James Hird came out from a closed team meeting room, receiving a rousing applause from EVERYONE IN THE CHANGEROOMS (yes, parents, friends, players, support staff, EVERYONE).

Was good to see the people who it has hit the closest throughout the whole year was apart of that song. Goodwin, Egan, Wellman, Doc Reid, Heppell got in on it.

The raw emotion poured into the rendition of the song brought a tear to my eye and showed how galvanised the playing group and everyone was.

I just saw this now as the replay finished on Fox Footy. I struggled to keep it together just watching it now.

The best part - we can lose our points; and I couldn't care less if the scum 'qualified' for finals.

The really best part they've been told for years that the construction of their list was fundamentally flawed; deep down they now know its true.

The best part - we can lose our points; and I couldn't care less if the scum 'qualified' for finals.

The really best part they've been told for years that the construction of their list was fundamentally flawed; deep down they now know its true.

same as Melbourne supporters

Bagging us for cheating. At least when we cheated we made good of it, not like Carlscum or Melbourne

Made Jarrod Waite look like a complete idiot on a few occasions did Hurls. Just needs consistency with his health!

How good was it when Hurls got the ball, Waite covered his right foot so Hurls said **** you and swung around onto his left. Second quarter I think.

Hurley's form especially in the 2nd was fantastic and the forward structure looked ominous all night with Crameri, Watson deep and Hurley leading up as a high half forward.

Hocking great early, will unfortunately not play again this year.
But the performance of Hooker, Pears in the second was exciting to watch. That press was superb.

Interesting to see where Bellchambers is at next week.

Oh and I forgot Howlett! Super-sub!

Minimal changes this week. Love this team.

We do have to work on our midfield however, Carlton had far too many opportunities but nonetheless an incredible win

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy R 22 V Carlton, our 2013 bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back