Preview R11 Match Preview: Bulldogs v Collingwood - By DaVe86

Remove this Banner Ad

Leigh Brown would fail on Minson.. Minson is underrated and works really hard. Would burn Brown off fitness wise.

L.Brown would get Hudson not Minson.

Well I think those selection calls were spot on so far Dave. Someones listening at last! I have a sneaking suspision that one of Davis or Medhurst will not get up and Lockyer will be the late inclusion.

Yer i have doubts about Medhurst and Fraser.

I think Wood will join the outs, leaving Davis, Fraser and Lockyer to be the ins. If Medhurst is fit, then he might get the nod over Lockyer...although Lockyer may be more match fit. Fraser might not pull up either so Leigh Brown would be the alternative

Anyone know if I have to book a seat for this match? I have just a normal GA membership. Will I be able to I just rock up and scan in, or do you think it'll sell out?

I generally upgrade to a reserve seat for the eitihad matches to make sure i can get in, but I'm a bit tight this month so don't want to if I don't have to. Will happily stand if it comes to that.

Well you were right about them dropping a tall.

I'm surprised it was Dawes though!!

I thought he'd done enough to keep his position in the side but I guess not.

I'll be interested to see how we utilise Cloke now. Will he play deeper? or will Brown spend a lot of time at FF? Or will FF be given to Medders?

I'm just happy to know that our forward pressure will be better in this game with the inclusions because if that issue wasn't addressed we could kiss the game away with the way the Doggies run it out.

Great preview again DaVe!!

You see this is one of the things that will remain a mystery for a long time may as well leave it to the cold case unit, Yes will be a tough match very hard fought game expect a high running game! Ill be there on Level 1 come say hello! :p

The reason why we are playing at Etihad for our home game is because Collingwood gets $200K, no matter what the attendance. Which is good for us (in terms as $$) as it's winter, cold, rainy and less people would want to go to the G than Etihad in these conditions.
Other than the $, it's very silly considering Bulldogs get 2 home ground advantageous games in the H&A season.

would much rather these blokes at the G albeit there game at ES was appalling last week. Rarely will they be down for to long and thats the worry this week.Bit more experienced than us and for us to win we are going to have to;

- win clearances
- spread quickly and move the ball at pace
- apply much more pressure than last two weeks

what bothers me is that Bomber and Voss have both used the ball in our back half a lot more than sides have done previously. This allows them to use it better on the way out and not allowing us to pressure their ball carrier. Not sure what the answer is but the addition of Neon and Meddy should assist.

Was a bit surprised Fraser got a run. Hudson and Minson will monster him but you know maybe we have to figure out if Fraser can stand up. Personally I am thinking Cloke, Dawes and L.Brown maybe the fwd line by years end with Dawes and L.Brown providing Jolly help in the ruck.

For me its a big 4 weeks for Fraser as he may join OBree in the queue out the door if he aint good.

Other than the $, it's very silly considering Bulldogs get 2 home ground advantageous games in the H&A season.

It's only one because they'd still get one at ES. It's still annoying especially as it seems to give them an important advantage over us.

would much rather these blokes at the G albeit there game at ES was appalling last week. Rarely will they be down for to long and thats the worry this week.Bit more experienced than us and for us to win we are going to have to;

- win clearances
- spread quickly and move the ball at pace
- apply much more pressure than last two weeks

what bothers me is that Bomber and Voss have both used the ball in our back half a lot more than sides have done previously. This allows them to use it better on the way out and not allowing us to pressure their ball carrier. Not sure what the answer is but the addition of Neon and Meddy should assist.

Was a bit surprised Fraser got a run. Hudson and Minson will monster him but you know maybe we have to figure out if Fraser can stand up. Personally I am thinking Cloke, Dawes and L.Brown maybe the fwd line by years end with Dawes and L.Brown providing Jolly help in the ruck.

For me its a big 4 weeks for Fraser as he may join OBree in the queue out the door if he aint good.

I think the selection this week gives you an idea what they're going to attempt. We are definitely going smaller to try and address this issue and improve our defensive pressure, and geez we're going to need to improve this against the Dogs. I think Leigh Brown will be used forward in a similar veign to apply pressure as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R11 Match Preview: Bulldogs v Collingwood - By DaVe86

Remove this Banner Ad

Back