Review R12: Port v Bulldogs review

Remove this Banner Ad

We outplayed them today...

But **** me, have you ever seen a side kick so many set shots from 50m and make them ??

I'm not going to pack it in after this one... We have made massive strides structurally and with effort.
Keep working hard, keep playing the 3-4 kids we've got in and continue to have a crack at finals.

Reminds me of the second Showdown last year. They just couldn't miss!

That isn't the same thing though and I think you realise that. A strong contested mark often means a set shot and this can lift the team. In the first quarter today Charlie attempted two marks but didn't quite hold either. If he had marked either and kicked truly there is no telling what that might have done for the side. We don't want to rely on crumbers all the time, we want Charlie to hold a few big marks.

I'm in his corner, but his marking today was wtf stuff. Our crumbing work needs to lift big time.
Oh and here's another thought. Instead of the Hoff n Big Dix flying for the same how about 2 tangental leads.
Howard end of 3rd qtr?

Are people hoping Dixon will just flick a switch and the ball will stick?
I can take you to my local gym and give you 5 guys with just as much presence and size as Dixon

On the balance of the season so far, he has offered not much more than butcher would have

I love the big dix, but I think he's all Jane no Tarzan. I can't recall seeing him flattening someone. I have more confidence seeing neade bring a player down.

Of course he is a good player, but if we are saying a player ls good for.....

Ah forget it. A guess a person either has a hard on for Dixon or can see the obvious.

I just can't believe Ken has taken so long to play a leading forward, and then when he did he doesn't play him right, and then when he did, such as in the 3Rd q today in Howard , he empties the forward line again.

Ken was negligent, then incompetent, now mental

It appears krak isn't allowed to go into the center either. Maybe There is a risk he will kick it to a leading forward and expose kens brilliant forward entry strategy

Would have helped vs stringer eh. But they won't let him into the centre it would appear

I can take you to my local gym and give you 5 guys with just as much presence and size as Dixon

On the balance of the season so far, he has offered not much more than butcher would have

I love the big dix, but I think he's all Jane no Tarzan. I can't recall seeing him flattening someone. I have more confidence seeing neade bring a player down.

Of course he is a good player, but if we are saying a player ls good for.....

Ah forget it. A guess a person either has a hard on for Dixon or can see the obvious.
This could be your dumbest post yet.

Changes are being made, on the field at least and lets be fair in the box too.
We had Stewart DBJ Austin Howard S Gray OShea out there, going down to the Bullies in a nail biter.
Yeah we should have won :mad:. Maybe from today, we're now playing for boiled lollies n not chocolates
Keep the changes coming.
Let's get real though. If Carlile was fully fit we wouldn't have Austin. And we have Stewart instead of Clurey. One is a chance to be part of our next flag and it's not the one playing. Only DBJ was an unforced by injury inclusion from the right time. Howard is finally in now and making a huge difference to our forward line, but left so late / so little prior to the last couple of weeks it was a decent sized contributor to at least two losses.

You must hang out at a steriod users heaven then. I haven't seen any guys at my gym with the presence of Dixon. And even the meatheads, if they were roided up to his size are going to move like Grandma's on zimmer frames. We scream about how all the running we do stops our players putting on mass and we get the ultra rare athletic mega tall and it's HIM you want to call out as an issue? o_O I like that your posts don't always follow the group think, but this one is laughable as hell. Watch Dixon destroy sides to another level again once Schulz is back and he isn't triple teamed.

Another desultory season. The Club is mediocre and going nowhere.
Oh what a load of bullshit. We are clearly on the right path. Any Sid,who,has had to play without the number of first choice players this,year would also be suffering a little. Look,at the number of,young and inexperienced players who are in our team and yet we are still in with a real,shot at playing finals. Off field,not going too bad either for a club going nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in his corner, but his marking today was wtf stuff. Our crumbing work needs to lift big time.
Oh and here's another thought. Instead of the Hoff n Big Dix flying for the same how about 2 tangental leads.
Howard end of 3rd qtr?

Yeah I thought there were times today when he looked liked he was actually trying to palm the ball down for the crumbers rather than trying to mark. Big fan of the Big Dix but he needs to have a mark first mindset...the bringing ball to ground stuff is for when he's caught out of position.

Why can't we have one forward who actually leads straight and into space.

Howard . End of 3Rd quarter.

Utterly reprehensible from Ken that he didn't play a leading forward all game on a sunny dry day

Just unacceptable coaching.

FFS Ken is killing this club.

Killing us.

Friends, we are fail. Fail. It's his 4th season and we have gone backwards. Going backwards

If anyone wants to blame Boak for a miss, Ken for his coaching or whatever else grow a f@#@ing brain.

We have a side without off the top of my head Schultz, White, Jonas, Hombsch, Carlile, White, Monfries, Ryder and Lobbe. I've likely missed someone else there to.

Should we have won, probably but at times as much as we should've been 5 goals up we could've been 5 goals down. Their top 4 and we are 9th for a reason.

Take the lesson and realize we have Austin, Howard and DBJ in the side. Next year with a certain group back in we are top 4 no doubt but above all realize what your watching and remember 2016 isn't a loss yet FFS.

Just under half a season to go.. The 8 is in no way set... We need to play well and win most of our games from here on in, but that's ok, if we are to win the premiership, or even to make finals, you have to beat the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to me most times Dixon is being double teamed/triple teamed when goes for a mark. When he gets a one on one contest he holds the mark.

I am sure being double teamed/triple teamed is fun if you are Sasha Grey but not if you are a full forward.

I only recall him winning 1 on 1 when he is leading or moving forwards

Even 1 on 1 I put butcher a 50% better contested mark

Finally, some sense.

Our game plan is so predictable, that defenders are moving towards Charlie even before we've kicked the ball into the 50.

We should really be using this to our advatage and have Charlie lead to one spot and Westhoff to another. Having them in close vicinity of each other means there is at least two tall defenders ready to contest the high ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh god. This again.

(Irony. I agree with you. It is so effing obvious. And this is exactly how we practiced it all preseason fwiw)

You must hang out at a steriod users heaven then. I haven't seen any guys at my gym with the presence of Dixon. And even the meatheads, if they were roided up to his size are going to move like Grandma's on zimmer frames. We scream about how all the running we do stops our players putting on mass and we get the ultra rare athletic mega tall and it's HIM you want to call out as an issue? o_O I like that your posts don't always follow the group think, but this one is laughable as hell. Watch Dixon destroy sides to another level again once Schulz is back and he isn't triple teamed.
Unfortunately I'm not sure Dixon and Achulz will work that well together, and wrt b0ydy's post yeah agree but Dixon is as overrated by aome as Butcher is underrated by some others.
Don't get me wrong, Dixon is good but he is overrated on this board.

Unfortunately I'm not sure Dixon and Achulz will work that well together, and wrt b0ydy's post yeah agree but Dixon is as overrated by aome as Butcher is underrated by some others.
Don't get me wrong, Dixon is good but he is overrated on this board.
Dixon is over rated by some??? What do you watch really? Gimme a spell saying he is over rated by some one on this board and Butcher is underrated by others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R12: Port v Bulldogs review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back