Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway

Thoughts

Killed on the outside ONCE AGAIN. Get sucked into a contest on the wing or half forward, ball flicks out and away they go.

Same game plan of using your tall defenders (with average foot skills) to switch play.

No drive off of half back despite having 4 gun half backs.

These are the 3 biggest complete failures of the year imo. We haven't progressed in either area. Strategy is shot. Need a serious coaching clean out.

Obrien was very good from where I was standing. Amazing how a guy who looks so clumsy actually doesn't make that many mistakes.

Smith good

Keath pretty good

That's about it

We refuse to play him.

A lot of the board will now pretend they understand why that was stupid, despite having spent the whole season defending it.

My fav was the 'he is learning how to be a forward by playing defence in the SANFL'. :drunk:

That is play like a Crows forward, shit. Gotta stamp out that individual flair and ability.

Can you blame them.
Of course not.

I'm very glad to see comments getting major upvotes like:

"You sack Sando for having a boys club with golden tickets...Get rid of Pyke, picking the same inept soft players week after week..Atkins, Mackay and Hartigan just the tip of the iceberg. Rotten from the top." - 90 likes

"Following this club is like a recurring nightmare" - 58 likes

"How many weeks does Walker have to go missing before you drop him?" - 38 likes

"A soft pretty boys club. No pace, no grit, no structure and no heart or pride for the jumper. " - 128 likes

The apricot slice brigade can see the problems. So when will our ****ing idiot coaches

My fav was the 'he is learning how to be a forward by playing defence in the SANFL'. :drunk:

That is play like a Crows forward, s**t. Gotta stamp out that individual flair and ability.
Playing defence does have it's merits, as we are seeing with Luko up north.

But they need not have done it for 12 weeks in the 2s.

Sorry to intrude, but this is just disgusting. DON WAKE UP! Seriously. He is head coach. He needs to stand up and demand more. What the hell is this continued disgrace of a selection “policy”. If he is the one driving it, then he needs to go. I honestly thought he had more smarts and acumen...
So disappointing to see such talent and quality be wasted like this
You're right though.

I'd have nearly every player in the squad on the trade table.

Exceptions: Sloane and Talia (leadership), Milera, Doedee and O'Brien (young talent) and most sub-15 game players

I probably wouldn't want to trade Matt Crouch or Smith but would consider it for a good price.

Every one else though is fair game

I'd have nearly every player in the squad on the trade table.

Exceptions: Sloane and Talia (leadership), Milera, Doedee and O'Brien (young talent) and most sub-15 game players

I probably wouldn't want to trade Matt Crouch or Smith but would consider it for a good price.

Every one else though is fair game
Matt is easily replaceable, I'd trade him almost before any big name

I look back at our round 1 side.

Douglas playing forward. Mackay is there. Knight. Atkins. Jacobs despite O'Brien dominating pre-season.

The warning signs were right there in that squad selection. Learnt nothing over the pre-season and 18 weeks later we've still learnt ****ing nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reward mediocrity and you get the crap that gets dished up every week.
Definition of insanity? That's what the dumbfu** coaches are...insane. Expecting hacks like Hartigan, Mackay, Murphy, Greenwood, Atkins to play like AFL players.
I'm sick of tired giving a s**t. I'll watch them. I just don't have the energy to care anymore.
I flicked it off with 10 minutes left. Rather sleep then watch crap.

A lot love to bag Tex but I wonder do those really watch what’s going on?

The number of times he leads and is clear and we don’t kick to him is unbelievable. It’s not like he’s hiding in a pocket so they don’t see him, he’s 15-20 metres ahead of them actually calling for the ball, but they choose worse stupid options. I’m surprised he doesn’t lose his shit at them.

He’s obviously getting on and slower, he’s never been a great mark but what he’s always been able to do is time his leads. He just needs some players ahead of him with some composure and skill and he could still be a damaging forward.

I know I wasn’t imagining it, the mate I was with saw it as well.

Conservative and arrogant both in our play and in the decisions the club makes, or doesn't make. We are so slow to react and change things, if we change things at all.

Also the players, watch them, their reaction times are so slow, it is like they are drunk.

Nah, Laird is the most easily replaceable. We're stacked with guys that can play his spot

Get rid of both. Both are slow, unaccountable crabs with poor footskills.

Laird can't defend and Matt doesn't even win many clearances for an inside mid.

Anyway

Thoughts

Killed on the outside ONCE AGAIN. Get sucked into a contest on the wing or half forward, ball flicks out and away they go.

Same game plan of using your tall defenders (with average foot skills) to switch play.

No drive off of half back despite having 4 gun half backs.

These are the 3 biggest complete failures of the year imo. We haven't progressed in either area. Strategy is shot. Need a serious coaching clean out.

Obrien was very good from where I was standing. Amazing how a guy who looks so clumsy actually doesn't make that many mistakes.

Smith good

Keath pretty good

That's about it

No get and go, every time we got the ball it is like they started up a pre-arranged sequence they were actively thinking through, those awful unnecessary handballs, like it is a direction, something they have trained to do, a performance. 'I handball to you, then you to me and then me backwards to this guy who is supposed to run here when I am there and oopsie this isn't a play and the opposition have the ball and have goaled'.

Not sure why our other captain gets by with zero criticism, he's in the midfield with plenty of opportunity to impact the game. Goes missing far to often.

Tex is reliant on the skills of our midfielders, Dunstall would struggle for a goal getting fed by our mids.
“Sloane needs to be captain”

PS we paid him 4 million dollars to stay too.

That’s a four with six zeros.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back