Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly - Comfortably our most improved player this season. I've been very critical on him but he's won me over this season. I'd keep.

Agree with most of what you wrote bar this, Kelly is a perfect example of a player we need to offer up as trade bait. There's not much use in letting him stick around when Doedee's back in the side. He's mediocre with the ball, seems to revel in involving himself in attacking forays which he almost always messes up for his teammates - and he doesn't have much of what lead to him being nicknamed the Bull left anymore.

51 point turn around.

Realistically It wasn’t close from about the 26th minute of the second quarter.
Realistically we only really got away right at the end, four goals in the last 6 minutes. Anyway, your board is always one I enjoy coming to because you just like to talk footy.

Its pretty obvious now, we don't have the cattle to carry out the game plan.

We are now witnessing the Crowbots Mk 2 , the lack of attack at the ball in the second half is bemusing.

From what I can see , the players are so attuned to adhering to the game plan which seems to place a little
too much emphasis on the analytical side of things and stifling natural flair ( or over rating certain players with metres gained etc etc ).

I thought Pyke was on the right track, yet it's pretty obvious with this list his plan aint working.

With our inaccuracy killing us in the first half and intent falling away in the 2nd, the similarities to the N.Craig are becoming glaringly obvious.
We are being over analysed and and ignoring the fact that its simply the lack of speed that's killing us , we have that many players on the outside ,we are easy pickings for any team with a few inside hard nuts.

Their new s
Possibly our new contested style game plan is cooking the players as they don't have the fitness level to play it for the entire game, don't forget we only changed to this style during the season and I don't think we were as fit as we had to be at the start.

Sorry for the intrusion, don't often do this, but I genuinely feel for Crows supporters. Bombers were good, but Crows could've done so much more to stitch up the game. Tbh I too tipped the Bombers but was hoping for a Crows response...Our fadeout last Friday really got to me, but to have it happen that much. I genuinely want to see our SA cousins (I think of you guys as that since you entered not long after us). 21 years is a long time between drinks, and I certainly don't mean to compare. Sure, no one is 'owed' a premiership, but with the potential it's not good enough. Tonight was a tale of two former Eagles premiership coaches, how differently their paths have taken. But yeah, it really does seem the AFC needs a clean up and shakeup. Good luck for the rest of the season and 2020. Hope we meet you in finals and maybe the GF sometime!

Bicks mate just so you know Im not being an "a-hole" here's the stats:

Screen Shot 07-20-19 at 12.03 AM.PNG

Add Inside 50s
Screen Shot 07-20-19 at 12.11 AM.PNG

Add turnovers
Screen Shot 07-20-19 at 12.23 AM.PNG

So you can see that even though clearances remained in the positive, our contested ball dropped off a cliff and, when we did get it, we were burning it more... all signs of a midfield that can't cope with pressure

Last edited:
If there’s one thing the Collective Minds debacle has proven is that this side has no resilience. That’s now three times in the past month we’ve put the white flag up whenever the opposition has gone up a notch.

This side is pathetically soft. 49 tackles tonight (and that’s by Champions Data’s standards, which can be lenient). 49 tackles is barely SANFL Reserves standards let alone AFL standards - far from elite. There was an abysmal chasing effort by the team at time’s tonight, resulting in some easy Essendon goals.

Imagine if Phil Walsh saw second half’s like we’ve seen against North Melbourne, West Coast, Geelong, Port and now Essendon’s.

This side needs a rocket fired up them, but then they’ll probably just sook about it and cry that the person giving them a rocket hurt their feelings.

One thing that has bugged me for awhile is that we almost always concede a goal just after we kick one ourselves. Where other sides get pumped up after kicking a goal and use it to kick start some momentum, we see kicking a goal as sense of relief and an opportunity to relax.

Yeah we don't, this list was only able to dominate the half (and got to a 5 goal lead) against another top 8 team, and did the same against a top 4 team in West Coast and were in winning position against the top team in Geelong both at home and away.....

Tonight 51 point turn around
Port 61 point turn around
Geelong 47 point turn around

Yep. Our list is wonderful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. We have been given the club that we deserve. The club that we settled for.

The people who fought for this, the people who wanted it and who defended it should wear it now.

**** the sucks who want to pretend they were calling it straight all along. This is your glory, your crown. Congratulations, you're the last fans of a dying club. Wear it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back