Preview R2 v Crows - Showdown XLVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is the wait for the outcome of the ticketing ballot going to be the most frustrating part of day?

Most acute first world problem I've had in quite some time

Have you noticed the difference between us and them though. We come out straight away and give a presser. We admit we might have made a mistake.
Over yonder it’s just sweep it under the carpet and if they have to comment accept no responsibility.
Give me our club any day of the week.

We want to be the best. Not terrible is not good enough

Oh goody something else to whine about.

MG agreed to change the colour of their logo to match the jumper for this game. And have stuck with us at a time when they could easily have cancelled their deal given the economic crisis.

The placement and size of their logo is not perfect but if that's all we have to worry about this week I'd say it has been a great outcome.

Chill!

And another example. Cross the t's and dot the i's. Timing is not an excuse. Our last game was March 21

Mmm. I wonder what's changed in those 3 months....Oh yeah, that's right almost everyone in our admin dept at Alberton was stood down.

No one there to cross every 't' and dot every 'i'.

Give him a break FFS.

MG agreed to change the colour of their logo to match the jumper for this game. And have stuck with us at a time when they could easily have cancelled their deal given the economic crisis.

The placement and size of their logo is not perfect but if that's all we have to worry about this week I'd say it has been a great outcome.

Chill!
Massive applause to MG, they didn’t need to accomodate that request for us and shows they clearly respect our history.

However it is rather poor from us, can’t shuffle the PAFC logo over the other side (above the AFL logo) and move MGs logo up a bit (could even make a bit bigger then) ? Wouldn’t have thought it was super difficult.

wait... the interview was outside his house?

what is all the fuss about then?

I can tell you why Ollie thought the interview would be okay, because it was within Media guidelines. Channel 7’s protocols allow them to conduct interviews under those conditions (I know this for a fact) they would only be breaking them if they went inside which is what I thought the hooha was about.

I personally know that Sa footballers (port and crows) have done similar things in the past month that were cleared by all parties

I’m really not sure why this has become a thing?

Massive applause to MG, they didn’t need to accomodate that request for us and shows they clearly respect our history.

However it is rather poor from us, can’t shuffle the PAFC logo over the other side (above the AFL logo) and move MGs logo up a bit (could even make a bit bigger then) ? Wouldn’t have thought it was super difficult.

have zero problem with MG, what they have done is nothing short of amazing for us... my problem lies with the club

Chill!
A thousand times this

wait... the interview was outside his house?

what is all the fuss about then?

I can tell you why Ollie thought the interview would be okay, because it was within Media guidelines. Channel 7’s protocols allow them to conduct interviews under those conditions (I know this for a fact) they would only be breaking them if they went inside which is what I thought the hooha was about.

I personally know that Sa footballers (port and crows) have done similar things in the past month that were cleared by all parties

I’m really not sure why this has become a thing?

Probably because as soon as Ambassador Doropoulos finished filming he expressed it to AFL HQ. If you cant prove a breach trawling through players socials, may as well make one yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And another example. Cross the t's and dot the i's. Timing is not an excuse. Our last game was March 21

The clubs view back then was if the fans aren’t there then we won’t wear the guernsey. Should they make a new batch of guernseys they didn’t plan on wearing just on the chance they changed their mind later on down the track?

44 players who have been isolated from the public so there is very little chance that any of them has been exposed to the virus and thus they can't spread it during a match.

Well until a reporter who hasn't been living in this controlled situation is interacting with them. Which is why there is a problem here.
The AFL don’t want any publicity that questions whether the players are social distancing. I take it from CDs presser that players are allowed to go to shops, are allowed to do similar interviews if cleared by the AFL beforehand but may not allow anyone into their property otherwise. If not for the protocols adopted by the AFL, which are inconsistent, this would not have attracted any publicity at all.

The irony is this- if the AFL say no case to answer, social distancing was followed then no one will batter an eyelid. If they suspend Ollie that will attract publicity that may damage their chances of future exemptions to play games.

My question is, who stabbed Jack Steven? It must have been someone who he lives with or someone who broke into his house for him to have been cleared by the integrity unit. Otherwise he let someone in against protocols or went to someone else’s house against protocols.

The AFL needs to be very careful what they do here because double standards will lead to all sorts of bad publicity that could derail their exemptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back