Preview R2 v Crows - Showdown XLVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you reckon it was a setup?
It was 100% a set up, he did the trawling, there was no story so he decided to become the story instead.

One of the deadly sins of a ‘journalist’ is to become the story.

Last edited:
If anyone doesn't think this isn't a stitch up ask yourself's this.

How come channel 7 haven't been going to D Talia's household and do interviews with him?
Channel 7 fully know what the AFL rules are, and they've been desperate to bring something negative against us when they have no fuel to go with this year so far.

Just a shameful act from a TV network. As said earlier, we should be banning them from entering Alberton and ban our players from interviews with the network, of course this won't happen because Koch is as spineless as they come, and because he works for them!
Whilst I agree a fair bit of the blame sits on Ollie as well. He knows the rules so to put himself in this position is a stupid thing to do. He'll get fined or something and move on.

Whilst I agree a fair bit of the blame sits on Ollie as well. He knows the rules so to put himself in this position is a stupid thing to do. He'll get fined or something and move on.

How do you know channel 7 didn't go down the lines of... It's okay Ollie, you have a contract with us so you're exempt from the guidelines to get him sucked in to do the interview?

Like I said, that network have been desperate for a negative Port story for weeks. Just look at the trolling they did on Port player accounts when they were isolating for 14 days to see if they could catch any of them breaking the rules.

How do you know channel 7 didn't go down the lines of... It's okay Ollie, you have a contract with us so you're exempt from the guidelines to get him sucked in to do the interview?

Like I said, that network have been desperate for a negative Port story for weeks. Just look at the trolling they did on Port player accounts when they were isolating for 14 days to see if they could catch any of them breaking the rules.
What is the go with this? What were channel 7 found doing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Which means he should be more aware he's a dope cripes aside from 7 trawling we've had people reporting Dixon's trips to hardware stores and every move on his Youtube channel since the Gold Coast game in the beginning.. Charlie wasn't even in the round 1 side and didn't travel or need to isolate lol.

Wally walking into a stitch up just shows once again he's not captain material.

If channel 7 said that and he fell for it then he’s even more stupid than we give him credit for

44 players who have been isolated from the public so there is very little chance that any of them has been exposed to the virus and thus they can't spread it during a match.

Well until a reporter who hasn't been living in this controlled situation is interacting with them. Which is why there is a problem here.

Ollie's house is also located in a COVID-free bubble. It's called South Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL won't do anything to antagonise channel 7 at the moment, so it seems they have won again. It would be good if someone at the club had the balls to call them out. This isn't an isolated incident.

The Crows broke the law and got the limp lettuce treatment from both the media and the AFL. Instead Ollie likely faces an effective three game suspension through no (little?) fault of his own 😠

Won't be playing. Will now isolate for 14 days. Afl won't take any risks
He won't need to isolate as he hasn't broken covid state law. You can have visitors to your house for God's sake.
He will just be tested as is norm. And probably get a fine.
There are going to be more afl covid rules broken probably this weekend.
The 1.5 rule on the bench is bound to get some team this round.
So the afl won't be looking at a suspension

Won't be playing. Will now isolate for 14 days. Afl won't take any risks

Can't see it happening. Wines was not in quarantine isolation and neither was Theodoropolous. But Theo and his cameraman should be required to undertake a covid-19 test immediately to eliminate any question of their having been a risk of infection.

But if a Port player was banned from a showdown due to the deliberate actions of an Adelaide Crows ambassador from Channel Seven Adelaide, the AFL's broadcast partner, it would be bitterly ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back