Preview R2 v Crows - Showdown XLVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people

I come in peace, I am not a moderator anymore

Just wanted to know if Kane Farrell was about the team this year or this round? Just quietly I think he's underrated because you nailed so many other draft picks higher up.

Hello people

Just wanted to know if Kane Farrell was about the team this year or this round? Just quietly I think he's underrated because you nailed so many other draft picks higher up.

You live! Saw that you had some health issues but you seem to have pulled through. Dr S obviously got the job done. He loves operating that guy. Loves it.

What happened to GFG? This looks way better.
bf2653188be47ab40678628b876138c9

Unfortunately not

I don't mind the placement but the shiny stick on patches look garbage. Couldn't we have gotten a new batch made up? Is been over two months between games and we announced this sponsor in Feb. Just get each player to put an autograph on theirs and sell the ones already made in the shop to make the money back if cost is an issue

Geez
the whingeing continues
Why fight for the right to wear the iconic Prison Bars to then deface them so they look like a cricket wicket and a couple of leftover fence pickets?

But yeah, just whingeing :rolleyes:

Hello people

Seems to not do enough as a forward or mid. Several players ahead of him at this stage

You live! Saw that you had some health issues but you seem to have pulled through. Dr S obviously got the job done. He loves operating that guy. Loves it.

That Dr S, if I ever have a brain tumor again and need someone to cut open my head and remove part of my brain stem on 30 hours notice without killing me or anything I wouldn't like, I'm picking that guy. I will get around to giving him a good Yelp review or something I think.

Nah, cheers mate. Big ones and they're not over but I didn't get the great banzhammer from the sky so onwards and upwards!

Hello people

He just doesn't get the ball often enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"For this weekend’s scratch match, each team will feature 16 a side playing across four 20-minute quarters with no time on. "
On a side note....

I hate the idea of changing fundamental parts of our game, but personally I believe the long term solution to the congestion in our sport is to move to 16 per side. Eliminate the wings and every ball up will have 4 less players around the ball.

The size of our ovals always created spacing, but increased fitness has shrunk that space. So the only way to balance that out is to reduce the players on the ground.

Its my personal opinion anyway. Better than fielding these stupid 6-6-6 rules.

Hello people

It would have been a coin toss decision between him and Motlop for Round 1 so he's very close. Needs to get the ball more and stay in the game longer. He'll be in the team in the next few weeks I reckon.

Good to see you are up and about mate! Much love!

Hello people

He's the best kick on our list, but unfortunately that doesn't do much good if he can't get a kick. Needs to find more footy.

I've thought for a long time that Showdowns should be neutral games with appx 50/50 crowd for each one. I think the atmosphere would be much better than the 90/10 things we have now. Could be a good time to start.
The idea is not entirely bad. In two games, 100% of game-ticket members would be in. Just need to alternate them, right?!

I would push for a 75-25, so the home game would actually be a home game. At least, I would give the grass mound and the adjacent seats entirely to the visitors.

Hello people

Have not heard much about Kane, but have seen him training via club photo's. Looks fit, hope he gets to play again soon.

On a side note....

I hate the idea of changing fundamental parts of our game, but personally I believe the long term solution to the congestion in our sport is to move to 16 per side. Eliminate the wings and every ball up will have 4 less players around the ball.

The size of our ovals always created spacing, but increased fitness has shrunk that space. So the only way to balance that out is to reduce the players on the ground.

Its my personal opinion anyway. Better than fielding these stupid 6-6-6 rules.

that only makes 2 less at centre stoppages when you want wings there to get the ball out to anyway. Every other stoppage they’re gonna push all the players there anyway. We would probably just end up with 2 less forwards

so at port we would have negative 1 forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back