Autopsy R22 v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved:
Winning a game I tipped that we'd lose.
Ryder's marks and goals in the first quarter.
Hartlett's aggression and attack on the ball and Razor Ray.
Dixon taking the game by the scruff and smacking it about the face.
Captain Handsome showing his class.
Jonas hitting WB players hard. There will be some sore bodies at the kennel this morning.
SGary v SSpray - the miss was comical but that goal from the boundary was crucial to us getting a run on.
Marshall's awkward kicking action.
Polec getting clear on a wing and burning off his opponent.

Hated:
Missing parts of the first half due to AFL Live app struggling to stream a handful of pixels at a time.
First half commentary calling into question every free we received. (This changed towards the end of the game when #freekickbulldogs got a roll on)
C7 cutting the vision before the team song to go to some generic filler TV show.
Neade/Dixon spoiling Dixon/Neade in the goal square.
Marshall hand balling backwards in the middle of the ground when we had a clear advantage ahead.
The Robert Bob Good Guy Murphy jizzfest and manufactured outrage every time someone went near him.
Stopping play so Sir Bob could walk off the ground after a knock but when Johnson copped a head knock and was bleeding and dazed a few minutes later, umpires and commentators both had nothing to say.

Ollie will always be a hit or shank kick he has a butcher-esque ball drop on the drop punt how does that shit not get ironed out through the ranks.
On the flip I can see Pepp's disposal by foot improving because he has a nice action.

Ollie's butcher-esque ball drop was obvious when he missed that running shot in the first qtr, he appears to drop the ball too close to his body ( very Butch like ) when he is running, so it makes contact too high on his foot causing the shank.

He is much better with the stand and deliver snap, ala a few minutes after yesterday's miss, and that ripper out of the pack in that final against the wobblers in 2013.

Also agree that it's difficult to work out how players get through junior ranks, particularly a quality comp like the TAC cup, without coaches picking up an obvious flaw in their technique.

Hated
Marshall hand balling backwards in the middle of the ground when we had a clear advantage ahead.

Yes that was ordinary but why did Jake handball to him in the first place? Had open field in front of him and should've used his pace to get the ball forward.

Although I was absolutely, totally pissed off during the game I realise now how hard that game was.
We went in fairly young and inexperienced for that game and the boys didn't disappoint.
Bullies were playing for their lives for a finals spot and for their sponsors at their shiny new second home stadium.
Their supporters were loud and out in force.
The game was tough, physical and a game of attrition.
For the Bullies it was a must win game.
They were playing for Murphy too.
We came back from behind once again.
Big Dix and Boak were outstanding leaders on the field. I can't love this enough.
I'm glad Ken has started playing youth as it gives us hope and it will help us going forward.

Think many are overplaying the Marshall factor here. No doubt the kid is a talent and hopefully a key cog in years to come but i didn't see him commanding the ball and taking 3 defenders with him, i dare say Dickos game was more down to him being bloody good and WB not having a matchup for him. If Jacko can perform again for the Maggies then i think he needs to come in for finals (still baffled why eddy cant be used as that second lead up forward but anyway...)

Credit to Jake Neade. First time all year one of our mozzie brigade has played 2 good games in a row. What i like about him and boak is when they take a mark on the HFF they look to play on IMMEDIATELY.

Overall a good win but really we shouldve been comfortably ahead for most the match. Unfortunately we are a very dumb footy side which means we rarely take full advantage of a game when we are on top. Still today was definitely a much better performance than previous weeks and hopefully we can keep building in the lead up to finals.

Although I was absolutely, totally pissed off during the game I realise now how hard that game was.
We went in fairly young and inexperienced for that game and the boys didn't disappoint.
Bullies were playing for their lives for a finals spot and for their sponsors at their shiny new second home stadium.
Their supporters were loud and out in force.
The game was tough, physical and a game of attrition.
For the Bullies it was a must win game.
They were playing for Murphy too.
We came back from behind once again.
Big Dix and Boak were outstanding leaders on the field. I can't love this enough.
I'm glad Ken has started playing youth as it gives us hope and it will help us going forward.

Some of the stats are also worth noting:

Won the hitouts 61-32
Marks 102-59 (!)
Marks inside F50 12-4
Tackles 93-75
Tackles in F50 26-11

Only the umps kept them in it IMO.

Oh and for those unhappy about Marshall playing on the wing in a couple of reserves games check out some of his good work playing up the ground in the third and last quarters. Helping make him a more rounded forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes that was ordinary but why did Jake handball to him in the first place? Had open field in front of him and should've used his pace to get the ball forward.

Had a doggy right on his hammer and gave off to create some separation to run ahead. Todd had another option close by but went longer and missed Polec. If he had hit the target would have opened it right up.

I find the Fox Footy commentary will generally callout poor decisions while ch7 didn't notice the umpires nothing to see here etc etc

Yeah, the Fox guys weren't impressed in the Saints game. Even Ricciuto was calling it out.

Meanwhile 'Sloane has had as many frees as Sydney'
'I haven't noticed the umpires tonight'
'No me neither'

Sent from mTalk

NTUA played at royal copangagen west beach, before the start of the third quarter on friday. I knew the crows would lose and we would win at that point.

They did. I and my mates sung sydneys song to the chagrin of crows supporters near us. We had been having a solid night at the Hahndorf Inn.

Crows lost.
Port won.
Then another great meal and drinks with mates at "the duck".

1 dollar into the pokies, 6 dollars out.

Just need the magpies to win.

This weekend was a good one.

Enjoyed the win yesterday,Dixon was a beast,Boak played a great skippers game and showed he still has it.
A lot of contributions across the park which was good to see.
The boys came and had real crack which is all i wanted before the game started.
But being a greedy campaigner i want to see clean hands at the ground ball, capitalising on those half opportunities and less shake my head in disbelief moments.
Coming into finals each team has beaten us besides a different Sydney outfit in round.
Those teams will punish our mistakes but if we bring the same hardness at the contest i think we will surprise a few of them

Game was won at the selection table I thought.

We looked tall and played tall. We dominated the Dogs in the air, we had a lot of good intercept marking in defence and even surprisingly by undersized players in the team through the middle and up forward.

For the first three quarters and a bit we looked to have control of the game but not have it reflected on the scoreboard. We split the game open in the fourth quarter and it was a very sweet feeling when the siren went.

Positives
First 4 points earnt for AFL games played in China and Ballart
Ryder monstering the premiership ruckman Roughhead, playing as a floating forward
Jonas, Clurey, Houston bringing a level of stability and maturity to our defence leading into finals
Boak being back to his 2015 AA form
Hartlett's output much more inline to what we're paying him
Howard being a potential gun the more I watch him play
Actual selection changes which try something new and not the tried and tired Gold Pass system
The win will prevent me getting a barage of s*** at work on Monday

Neutral
Not sure Marshall was ready for a callup, glad he had his debut but his form at the Maggies suggested to me that he wasn't ready for an AFL callup

Negatives
Making Dale look like a star
Umpiring was confusing and random at times

If yesterdays Hammer shows up week in week out I couldn't care less what we are paying him

His contested work was superb. Haven't seen him crack in like that for a long time.

How many backward handballs happen during a game? If he executed correctly no one would care.

The issue is that he didn't execute it properly so people do care. If we improved our execution throughout our side, especially when under limited pressure, we wouldn't be in the position we are in right now and would be considered a serious premiership threat.

Had a doggy right on his hammer and gave off to create some separation to run ahead. Todd had another option close by but went longer and missed Polec. If he had hit the target would have opened it right up.

Jake has the pace to burn off most players in the comp. he just needs to know when the time is right to use it. In this instance I believe he was in a position but will have another look later in the week.

Loved:
Winning a game I tipped that we'd lose.
Ryder's marks and goals in the first quarter.
Hartlett's aggression and attack on the ball and Razor Ray.
Dixon taking the game by the scruff and smacking it about the face.
Captain Handsome showing his class.
Jonas hitting WB players hard. There will be some sore bodies at the kennel this morning.
SGary v SSpray - the miss was comical but that goal from the boundary was crucial to us getting a run on.
Marshall's awkward kicking action.
Polec getting clear on a wing and burning off his opponent.

Hated:
Missing parts of the first half due to AFL Live app struggling to stream a handful of pixels at a time.
First half commentary calling into question every free we received. (This changed towards the end of the game when #freekickbulldogs got a roll on)
C7 cutting the vision before the team song to go to some generic filler TV show.
Neade/Dixon spoiling Dixon/Neade in the goal square.
The Robert Bob Good Guy Murphy jizzfest and manufactured outrage every time someone went near him.
Stopping play so Sir Bob could walk off the ground after a knock but when Johnson copped a head knock and was bleeding and dazed a few minutes later, umpires and commentators both had nothing to say.
Agree with all of it but especially liked for Captain Handsome- so right.

I thought they could only stop play for a stretcher. I'm surprised they didn't demand one of our players immediately donate a kidney to Sir Bob just in case

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy R22 v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back