Bruest to kick 2+
McAdam & Thilthorpe anytime goal scorers
Crows to lead at quarter time
Seedsman and Keays 20+disposals
Mitchell & Laird 25+ disposals

simples
That must be paying a huge amount.

Ive got Tex 3+, McAdam 2+, TT ags, Breust 2+, Moore AGS paying $10

Would be huge for our development if we could win down there. It's not a place we won even when we were a good side.
This week will be the last of our "easiest" games we play.

We face, Giants, Power, Tigers and Demons.

Of course I would love us to win, but at the very least competitive losses and taking the game deep where we are a chance to win, would be great for the teams development.

For us to win we will need a fit Walker and some improved efforts from the likes of McAdam, Kelly, Brown, Hamill, Schoenberg, McPherson, ROB, Fogarty, Murphy, Rowe, McHenry.

Keys for them are Mitchell, O'meara, Worpel, Jiath, Hardwick, Impey, Wingard, Breust, Shiels, O'Brien, McEvoy. After those eleven players they drop off very quickly. Hawks by 28 points.

Last edited:
Me too. I don't like the structure and resultant lack of forward line pressure, but that's secondary to making the right decisions on getting games into inexperienced players. And canning injured seniors. Will be watching Tex closely though. Calves and older types are a bit of an issue.
I think the commentators last week made a mountain out of a molehill with Tex’s calf. He leapt like he never leapt before in that first quarter with the flying mark! He did fizzle out in the second half but his contributions were still significant. Though I’m very keen also to see how he pulls up this week.

Funny how if last year, Tex kicking 2 or 3 goals, would have been celebrated as a great outing. These last 2 weeks, the same goal stats make people talk about his calves instead..

I think the commentators last week made a mountain out of a molehill with Tex’s calf. He leapt like he never leapt before in that first quarter with the flying mark! He did fizzle out in the second half but his contributions were still significant. Though I’m very keen also to see how he pulls up this week.

Funny how if last year, Tex kicking 2 or 3 goals, would have been celebrated as a great outing. These last 2 weeks, the same goal stats make people talk about his calves instead..

That's the thing about injuries, you tweak them during games. He was lively in the first half but very different in the second. It's a concern, but he's trained, so might be ok.

Here are the ins and outs for this game:
IN: E.Himmelberg, R.Thilthorpe, J.Hately

OUT: B.Frampton, T.Lynch, N.Murray (all omitted); Berry (ankle)

I’m very happy with this selection. Stoked for all the young lads and hope they all grab their chances. This is what we absolutely need in a rebuild - kids grabbing chances.

Last edited:
Here are the ins and outs for this game:
IN: E.Himmelberg, R.Thilthorpe, J.Hately

OUT: B.Frampton, T.Lynch, N.Murray (all omitted)

I’m very happy with this selection. Stoked for all the young lads and hope they all grab their chances. This is what we absolutely need in a rebuild - kids grabbing chances.
And Berry

Would be huge for our development if we could win down there. It's not a place we won even when we were a good side.

Yep.

Tasmania, Ballarat, Geelong are all venues you can usually pencil in as automatic losses, regardless of the ladder positions of the respective sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance the roof is closed?

Play this in Melbourne and I'd be picking us. Hawthorn's scoring ability is questionable. Tasmania makes it very difficult for a young group - I won't be tipping us but I think we're a chance if we can nullify their midfield.

That's the thing about injuries, you tweak them during games. He was lively in the first half but very different in the second. It's a concern, but he's trained, so might be ok.
You see that level of drop in performance in the majority of the players during a match though. If it’s a genuine concern, the signs should have been there from the first quarter, from the first leap/kick.

3 things
Tassie
Hawks
Clarkson

hawks by more than the current line! -10.5 is easy $$ unless we fluke something or the hawks just don’t show up for the game.

It really is so stupid, do they think us morons? If the group is outside the only reason you're not with them is you can't complete the drills. What injury is there that you can't be outside but can do the same drills inside?
Lynch is a red head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day R6: Crows v Hawks 2021 Tasmania

Back