Preview R8 Fremantle FC -V- Collingwood Magpies -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

This is like the Saints and Cats fans on here at the start of the season. Talking yourselves up and trolling our forum telling us how well travelled and brilliant your team is.

Simple thing is, we are an unstable and delusional fan base that have suffered from so many years of depression. If we believe we are going to win, just do that little crazy sign, drop your eyes down to the pavement and walk on by. Don't try to prick our little bubble.

That said, Freo will belt the living suitcase out of Collingwood, Malthouse will cry and Buckley will have to give him a little cuddle to consol his deteriating mental illness.

Freo by 5 goals, wait, make that 10 goals. After all, we are a little crazy.

This is like the Saints and Cats fans on here at the start of the season. Talking yourselves up and trolling our forum telling us how well travelled and brilliant your team is.

Simple thing is, we are an unstable and delusional fan base that have suffered from so many years of depression. If we believe we are going to win, just do that little crazy sign, drop your eyes down to the pavement and walk on by. Don't try to prick our little bubble.

That said, Freo will belt the living suitcase out of Collingwood, Malthouse will cry and Buckley will have to give him a little cuddle to consol his deteriating mental illness.

Only a little crazy?:p... Or maybe you have the power to see the future and this will happen:eek:

Only a little crazy?:p... Or maybe you have the power to see the future and this will happen:eek:

I was sitting in the stands last night at the Gabba. I never thought we would lose that one, even when Brisbane closed to within 5 points in the last few minutes, now that is crazy I tells ya.

Not sure what to think of this one. Really rate Freo from the (limited) things I've seen and much of what I've read. Have no idea what to think, really. Not quite sure how good we actually are. This month will tell us. On form it should be a classic. Gee I dunno.

Malthouse will cry and Buckley will have to give him a little cuddle to consol his deteriating mental illness.

I'm with ya!

Collingwood are completely overrated;

Bulldogs (W - top 8), Melbourne (just barely a W, bottom 8), St Kilda (Liars - top 4), Hawthorn (W - bottom 4), Essendon (W - bottom 8), Carlton (W - top 8), Kangaroos (W - bottom 8).

All (effectively) HOME games.

Fremantle;

Adelaide (W - bottom 4), Essendon (W - bottom 8), Geelong (W - top 4), St Kilda (we should have not have Lost - top 4), Richmond (W - bottom 4), West Coast (W - bottom 8), Lions (W - top 8).

So it's a Top 4 win difference advantage to Freo, plus we have been REALLY travelling to do it.

Pies will be soft for a belting, plus Ch7 gets a ratings bonanza which really makes Eddie cry blood.

plus beat Weat Coast in a big final a few years ago at Subiaco

.... which was a coaching error that Docker supporters are grateful never had WCE making anyone accountable for. Glass should have stayed on.

Sign Worsfold for another five years! The campaign started last week.:)

Bulldogs (W - top 8), Melbourne (just barely a W, bottom 8), St Kilda (Liars - top 4), Hawthorn (W - bottom 4), Essendon (W - bottom 8), Carlton (W - top 8), Kangaroos (W - bottom 8).

All? The Bulldogs and Saints matches were at Docklands. We play there 3-4 times a year, and don't have the greatest record there. Nowhere near a 'home game'.

Can I ask where the hatred comes from? I mean, you're Freo, we're Collingwood. Clubs which have had hardly anything to do with each other, ever. Taz/Medhurst notwithstanding.

All? The Bulldogs and Saints matches were at Docklands. We play there 3-4 times a year, and don't have the greatest record there. Nowhere near a 'home game'.

Can I ask where the hatred comes from? I mean, you're Freo, we're Collingwood. Clubs which have had hardly anything to do with each other, ever. Taz/Medhurst notwithstanding.

To be honest I don't get it either. We're supposed to be the only club in the AFL without any bad blood towards Collingwood. I think quite a few of the normally quieter supporters are still buzzing over our start to the season we just want to have a go at anyone :confused:

Should be a good game. This will be a real test of where we're at. If we win then we've beaten 2 out of 3 real premiership contenders. If we lose, maybe we've just run out of steam after a rather hectic 12 days. Either way it's exciting at the moment. I'm not looking forward to the down that may follow however...

Pies supporters have always had big numbers at away games, so they are usually always mouthy.

They had Wakelin, Medhurst and Clement, all players that I liked, but still, any possible liking I could have for them is quickly diminished by that abnoxious Pie preaching media **** that goes by the name of Eddie.

We don't Hate Collingwood the club. Just the up themselves cocky supporters who come on here and show little respect to our posters and club. The other supporters are just fine.

Collingwood should win, they are the form team of the comp. They travel.... very bloody rarely so it's easy to have a good record when you leave the state only 4-5 times a year. This is the first time of the season that Collingwood have left the state of Victoria.

Some say that ES isn't their home ground. Shit I'd love Freo to play about 6 or 7 games at the WACA or Freo Oval instead of travelling. Even though Collingwood have a 6 day break they are not coming of consesutive 6 day breaks (To and from Brisbane also)

If collingwood don't win questions should be asked whether they can really be a force later in the season.

In saying that...

Freo by 1.

^

Silverscope: You playing games at another WA ground wouldn't be anything like us playing at Etihad. We play against sides who play the majority of their games there [Saints, Dogs]; Freo at the WACA would just be another game against interstate sides where you have a crowd advantage. That ground is away for us. I know it's hard to understand given we have 10 sides in Victoria, but the MCG is our home ground, Etihad is probably more foreign to us than it is to you [I'm referring to the ground itself, obviously we have the crowd advantage there :thumbsu:]. And yes, this is our first time travelling this year. But we have 4 of the next 8 games interstate, which is a lot for a Victorian side.

Anyway, not sure where this notion of disrespect comes from. Everyone is praising Freo for their performances this year. If you're referring to past seasons, I think you would agree your form warranted criticism most of the time. But your young side has come along leaps and bounds, and in my opinion, should be slight favourites for Friday night given the home ground advantage. I'd say we are the two form sides of the competition [though Geelong have quickly re-established themselves as flag favourites], so let's hope it's a cracker.

I'm curious though, why do you say a loss for us would raise questions about us? I don't think it did for Geelong. Just like if we beat you at the G, questions wouldn't be asked about you. Anyway, let's just wait and see what happens, should be a great game. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^

Silverscope: You playing games at another WA ground wouldn't be anything like us playing at Etihad. We play against sides who play the majority of their games there [Saints, Dogs]; Freo at the WACA would just be another game against interstate sides where you have a crowd advantage. That ground is away for us. I know it's hard to understand given we have 10 sides in Victoria, but the MCG is our home ground, Etihad is probably more foreign to us than it is to you [I'm referring to the ground itself, obviously we have the crowd advantage there :thumbsu:]. And yes, this is our first time travelling this year. But we have 4 of the next 8 games interstate, which is a lot for a Victorian side.

Nice post. I understand what you say about it probably being another home game for us, if we were to play at another venue in WA.

But to say that Etihad stadium is " more foreign to us than it is to you " surely not?? I mean yeah ok we have 6 games there this year... (None at the MCG this year, but that's another story) but Collingwood, without counting, would have what 7 or so games there every year....

If that ground is foreign to Collingwood then they are a shit club (Which I don't think they are.). They would know how to play at the ground better than us.

Anyway, not sure where this notion of disrespect comes from. Everyone is praising Freo for their performances this year. If you're referring to past seasons, I think you would agree your form warranted criticism most of the time. But your young side has come along leaps and bounds, and in my opinion, should be slight favourites for Friday night given the home ground advantage. I'd say we are the two form sides of the competition [though Geelong have quickly re-established themselves as flag favourites], so let's hope it's a cracker.

As for the disrespect....

Geez Fremantle string a few wins together for the first time in there pathetic history and all of a sudden there cocky supporters (have no idea how such a bottom feeder club could have cocky supporters) come out of the wood work. For what it is worth I think Freo will win but hope to hell there moronic supporters like Sandi2Palmer and wild side get a reality check

You'll be welcomed into the 10 goal club like the Hawks, Dons and Roo's.Nothing more than another % boost for us:thumbsu:

(Both from one thread on the main board)

I'm curious though, why do you say a loss for us would raise questions about us? I don't think it did for Geelong. Just like if we beat you at the G, questions wouldn't be asked about you. Anyway, let's just wait and see what happens, should be a great game. :thumbsu:

It's more the fact I don't think we should be favourites going into this game and just putting some pressure on the opposition ;)

sorry we are 9-3 out of our last 3 years including 4-0 last season,plus beat Weat Coast in a big final a few years ago at Subiaco

Not going to get into a arguement about how much we travel,its been done to death.Its going to be a ripper game no matter how you look at it.Of course you would start favourite due to your form and the homeground advantage.

Personally I think our deep Midfield will give us a edge and our backline is going very well,needs to shut down Pav.Easier said then done though.

edit: beat adelaide in a Final at AAMI 2 years ago as well
Put N Brown on Pav. We know what Happend RD 1 in 2008 when they last met;)

After Reading the last little bit I believe you are a Little Crazy

Nice post. I understand what you say about it probably being another home game for us, if we were to play at another venue in WA.

But to say that Etihad stadium is " more foreign to us than it is to you " surely not?? I mean yeah ok we have 6 games there this year... (None at the MCG this year, but that's another story) but Collingwood, without counting, would have what 7 or so games there every year....

If that ground is foreign to Collingwood then they are a shit club (Which I don't think they are.). They would know how to play at the ground better than us.

Generally we only play around 3-4 games at Etihad a year, which is an indicator of how many we play at the MCG :eek:. It's not "foreign" to us, certainly not relative to grounds like Subiaco or the Gabba, but we don't exactly frequent the place. But yes, we would obviously have the "home" advantage if we met at Etihad, given it would be in Melbourne.

As for the disrespect....

(Both from one thread on the main board)

It's more the fact I don't think we should be favourites going into this game and just putting some pressure on the opposition ;)

Yeah there will always be some. It is BF after all. :thumbsu:

Hahaha yeah I know the feeling, I hate going in as favourites. Betting will probably be pretty even I think.

I'm with ya!

Collingwood are completely overrated;

Fremantle;

Adelaide (W - bottom 4), Essendon (W - bottom 8), Geelong (W - top 4), St Kilda (we should have not have Lost - top 4), Richmond (W - bottom 4), West Coast (W - bottom 8), Lions (W - top 8).

So it's a Top 4 win difference advantage to Freo, plus we have been REALLY travelling to do it.

Pies will be soft for a belting, plus Ch7 gets a ratings bonanza which really makes Eddie cry blood.

Guess you don't Watch Footy Mate. Only Good side you beat is Geelong and We Also should of Beaten the Saints too

Also

With those 4 interstate matches.... How many other insterstate trips do Collingwood have? 2? 3? more for the year...

Cmon, you know the answer to that already. ;)

We always only travel 4 times a year! I think 4 is the average for Vic clubs, we never seem to deviate, whilst others can have 6 in some cases, or 3 in Essendon's case. We certainly don't have the burden of consistent interstate travel that you have, but then we don't have the clear home ground advantage that you have either [it's like you playing West Coast every bloody week, except when we play non-Vic sides and teams like the Saints who are based at the Dome].

We have the Best Away Record in the AFL in the last 5 or so Years.:rolleyes:

You can keep the stats to your own forum. We had never won at the Gabba before, probably had the worst travelling record. Past seasons form is no measure now. If they don't treat the game more seriously than all the stat posters, you'll get a new one torn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R8 Fremantle FC -V- Collingwood Magpies -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back