Certified Legendary Thread Race for the flag, in squiggly lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Highest on flagpole for most of the year. Reamed in the semi-final. I had a bad feeling about being so highly rated in the flagpole but having such a hard path to the premiership - reminded me of the historical squiggle of St Kilda 2005. As Final Siren said early on when Adelaide became far and away the most attacking team: very attacking sides often get found out by more balanced teams in finals.

Squiggle still not rating the dogs. Excellent!
That's because it relies on past performances to predict the future. This Dogs team doesn't care about the past and whatever happened in history. We are writing our own history RIGHT NOW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because it relies on past performances to predict the future. This Dogs team doesn't care about the past and whatever happened in history. We are writing our own history RIGHT NOW.

Squiggle rates offensive output over score restriction and time wasting. I tend to see 5-10 minutes of time wasting by the dogs most weeks.... Thus reducing offensive output but also securing the win without risking further injuries. It is smart play, if you don't care about % but Squiggle doesn't detect it.

Done the prelims predictions:

Geelong 78 vs 75 Sydney
GWS 92 vs 62 Bulldogs

Which would mean GWS wins as they are higher on the flagpole

Can't handle another heartstopper. Damn you, squiggle.

Dang. Squiggle's mate Flaggie has turned the light out on West Coast and the Hawks :eek:
286378_3c2242388350c27525c8ab3ab9aba3e2.png

Squiggle was right again. Calling the Hawks out in straight sets before they even lost to Geelong :eek:

All hail the mighty squiggle :raisedhands: :clapping:

Squiggle showed five of the current seven contenders had seperation by round 5 and also showed gws and adelaide making great strides, north going off the horizon somewhere and the rest going backwards.

It also didnt have clear standouts in the top group

Again its had a very good year

Highest on flagpole for most of the year. Reamed in the semi-final. I had a bad feeling about being so highly rated in the flagpole but having such a hard path to the premiership - reminded me of the historical squiggle of St Kilda 2005. As Final Siren said early on when Adelaide became far and away the most attacking team: very attacking sides often get found out by more balanced teams in finals.

There's a common denominator there

The squiggle cannot account for injuries, and I would say that our five finals ins and return to form of players injured in the season (i.e. Dahl, JJ) are a huge reason for our turnaround. Furthermore, our injuries were also a cause of our defensiveness in many games that we won earlier in the season, and made the squiggle dislike us, much like it didnt like Freo last year.

The timing of the ins and their having an impact is anomalous in the grand scheme of things, thus causing the squiggle some difficulty.

The squiggle cannot account for injuries, and I would say that our five finals ins and return to form of players injured in the season (i.e. Dahl, JJ) are a huge reason for our turnaround. Furthermore, our injuries were also a cause of our defensiveness in many games that we won earlier in the season, and made the squiggle dislike us, much like it didnt like Freo last year.

The timing of the ins and their having an impact is anomalous in the grand scheme of things, thus causing the squiggle some difficulty.
I reckon it's too biased to attack minded teams

Perhaps if we belted teams like Freo, Brisbane and Gold Coast by over 100 points like what Adelaide were doing it might've rated us a little higher.......

Week 2 of finals update.

upload_2016-9-22_18-28-59.png

Only two matches, but with two very different results.

Friday night the mighty Hawks went down in a epic heavily contested game to the much younger Dogs.
What was an unexpected result, Squiggle had tipped the Hawks by 5 points in a close one.
The Dogs got out to a 48 point lead on the back of 7 unanswered goals before the Hawks came back bringing the final margin to 23 points. Leaving the Squiggle out by 28 points.

Saturday nights game was a one sided affair with the top team of the year Sydney controlling the game at on their home deck at the SCG. Their first final their since 2009.
Sydney were just too good across the ground for the Crows going on to win by 36 points.
With Squiggle picking the Swans by 22, a 36 point result against the highest scoring side in the comp was a little surprising but not at all over the top.

So we see Hawthorn and Adelaide head towards the mini bus dressed up and ready to down a few too many bevvies.

Sydney will fight it out with the well rested Geelong in a Friday night cut throat clash at the MCG.
The Dogs will go deep into the heart of Western Sydney to take on Gill's sweethearts GWS on Saturday night.

Interestingly Hawthorn and Adelaide headed hard left without a lot of up or down movement.
The Dogs and Sydney on the other hand while also heading west climbed higher towards premiership glory.

So we are left with four. The four most far right, defensive teams of the year.

GWS are surrounded by previous cups and based on Squiggle, they go in as flag favorites.
Sydney are in a good spot close to their 2012 premiership and proved they are hard to beat around the ball and can score quickly.
Geelong situated just outside the cups are still dangerous, playing at home and after the week off.
Western Bulldogs have made themselves the form team after their breakthrough win against West Coast in the first week of finals and although they look well off the pace are just as in it as the other three teams.

Squiggle seems this weekends games going a little like this...

upload_2016-9-22_18-58-20.png

But Squiggle as good as he is relies on a mate in Flagpole to give us his best tip for premiership glory.
Flagpole tells us we should have our money on Sydney for the flag.
Sydney were pretty much equal with GWS but took the lead while GWS had the week off from their win against them then week earlier.
Geelong remained 3rd favorites but the Dogs made up a heap of ground from their upset win against the Hawks.

upload_2016-9-22_19-14-5.png

Now go forth and Squiggle :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Race for the flag, in squiggly lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back