Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it back to Darwin. So we have to isolate in the hotel, cant move but need to be out by Saturday.
Ring the NT covid hotline, sorry closed until 8.00 am tomorrow morning but may extend the times if hotspots occur .

Funniest thing in is, we have to test negative and can stay but need to fly home as the airlines are cancelling flights. So we are going to have to fly into a lockdown.

BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!!!!!!

full on

I have no idea how to add a person user name to a thread but some tell mowman Jim’s mowing are working in Victoria today because they claim they are allowed because it’s contactless.

View attachment 1138940

Four new cases overnight - not great, but far better than I thought.
47k tests done is amazing work, both by the testers and everday people going.
It’s actually fantastic. I was thinking 15 to 20. Also great with how many vaccinations there was. Get vaccinated people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea how to add a person user name to a thread but some tell mowman Jim’s mowing are working in Victoria today because they claim they are allowed because it’s contactless.

I call bullshit on Jim's mowing. The system is, that if you are allowed to operate, you should implement safety measures , such as contactless policies. But being contactless doesn't make you authorised.

The only thing i get out of that is that is......
If a company pays you to do work for them during the lockdown, they have deemed themselves to be Authorised, and they have deemed the work they have contracted to be necessary.

As a contractor , i doubt that you would be required to second guess.

Would it extend to businesses working from home. Don't know.

First thing i saw this morning riding my bike to work was a truck with a couple of big rear steer John Deer mowers, getting ready to mow a park in Dandenong. A Park that looked very short and neat already to me.

I call bullshit on Jim's mowing. The system is, that if you are allowed to operate, you should implement safety measures , such as contactless policies. But being contactless doesn't make you authorised.

If a company pays you to do work for them during the lockdown, they have deemed themselves to be Authorised, and they have deemed the work they have contracted to be necessary.

First thing i saw this morning riding my bike to work was a truck with a couple of big rear steer John Deer mowers, getting ready to mow a park in Dandenong. A Park that looked very short and neat already to me.
I just said what they said when I rang them. I really don’t know why I care if they are working. I’m going to anyway because it’s my opinion that my job cannot spread covid to anyone apart from when I get my chicken and cups with a wing please 3 dim sims thank you and a can of no sugar coke

Don’t believe what you read on here
Jim’s National have advised us not work as we are not essential workers and all fees have been suspended for the week

Jim’s National have advised us not work as we are not essential workers and all fees have been suspended for the week

Essential workers doesn't seem to be a term being used this time around.
Its all Authorised workers.

I only quoted what the girl said to me when I rang her on the phone. It wasn’t my opinion. It was her exact words. We are allowed to at the moment because it’s contactless. She did say she can’t speak for tomorrow but I could have got someone to do my lawns today. I did it for my own piece of mind but not sure why I did it because I think I’m going to work Monday whatever they told me.

Get the jab. Not ******* hard. People need to stop being princesses. It's not all about you.

The whole blood clot thing seems to be media hype.
The Vaccines are not causing blood clots, the rare blood clotting issue is caused by the bodies own immune reaction, if you were to get Covid you have an increased risk of the exact same issue from the immune reaction.

Other things can trigger it too.

Essential workers doesn't seem to be a term being used this time around.
Its all Authorised workers.
I’m not sure anyone is sure with what going on
that government web site clearly says you can only have trades people at your house for emergency work

The whole blood clot thing seems to be media hype.
The Vaccines are not causing blood clots, the rare blood clotting issue is caused by the bodies own immune reaction, if you were to get Covid you have an increased risk of the exact same issue from the immune reaction.

Other things can trigger it too.
Have appointment with GP next week to discuss this as I had a stroke when fairly young . Just a bit concerned

Have appointment with GP next week to discuss this as I had a stroke when fairly young . Just a bit concerned
Seems a fair reason to be hesitant. Not like most people.
Facts
5 in a million treatable non fatal clots in Australia for Astra Zeneca

4 in a million for Pfizer

19 in a million deaths if you catch covid.

50 blood clots a day in Australia from other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back