Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. And pretty sure Nifty Nev wanted Selwood but was overruled.
Funny you mention Nifty Nev. I sat with him one night at Arden St watching Evan Hewitt strut his stuff. Nifty looked at me while he was munching on a sneaky samosa & said, "I wish we had 21 Evan Hewitt's." I nearly choked on my Calipo and to avoid giving him a spinning kick to the head, I decided to take a nature break amongst the bracken. That's when things turned pear-shaped. This woman approaches me & taps me on the shoulder casting dispersions on my character suggesting I was "getting my jollies". She scared the bejesus out of me & as I've turned around, I've inadvertently lightly splashed her new Adidas street lights. It was only a few drops. I remember it was during the 2000 Sydney Olympics and the Fearsome Foursome were about to row for gold. So in an attempt to diffuse the situation quickly, I performed the Haka to her, but I didn't realise I hadn't zipped up. Her husband took umbrage to my actions but once I explained to him that 30 years ago you could you know what. Problem solved. He soon got it.
I remember the club wanted to revoke my membership, but I had Trevor Marmalade accompany me as a character reference and he explained to them how I'd been conned into buying 2 Silver Pagans Patrons Memberships instead of just the one Gold Membership, causing undue duress. All sorted.
And to this day, I've never been in contact with the woman involved, and I hope it stays that way forever and a day.

So I thought I would have a gander at how our guys have gone in this year's AFLCA Coaches Award so far.....

LDU. 63 votes
Harry. 37
X. 28
JY. 10
Larkey. 7
Arch. 5
Corr. 5
George. 5
Kerch. 5
Scott. 5
Chom. 4
CZ. 3
Powell. 2
Updated.

LDU 10 again
X adds 2
Arch and Scott hit the board for the first time.
Good stuff 👍

CURRENT STREAKS

1) Geelong def. North Melbourne = 13. We genuinely had a chance to end this a couple of weeks ago but this is a mental demon more than one based on ability. Would be nice to play them at Marvel again.

2) Essendon def. North Melbourne = 11.
We had 2 genuine chances go begging in 2023. Streak should have ended at 8 and instead rises to 11.

3) Sydney def. North Melbourne = 8. Also should have ended at 6. That interchange infringement last year still hurts. Also were the only side who could not capitalise on their form drop this year.

4) Brisbane Lions def. North Melbourne = 7
Could continue for a while yet.

5) Adelaide def. North Melbourne = 6
We belted them in 2020 and since that game neither side has played finals and they have the wood over us.

6) Melbourne def. North Melbourne = 6.
Our loss this year doesn’t look as good as it should now but we should go past them next year.

7) Western Bulldogs def. North Melbourne = 6.
The 17 point loss looks better by the week. Pray they don’t annihilate us next Sunday.

8) Collingwood def. North Melbourne = 5.
Still hurts. F*** the umpires.

9) Hawthorn def. North Melbourne = 5.
If LDU didn’t miss round 3 last year then I’d say we’d have won. But now we’ve lost to them 5 times in a row and could be 6. Amazing how quickly they’ve improved.

10) Port Adelaide def. North Melbourne = 5.
Give us a game at Marvel ffs. 6 years and counting now.

11) St Kilda def. North Melbourne = 5.
Yeh we should have ended this streak at 3 last year. When we can play 4 quarters we will. Only a matter of time.

12) Carlton def. North Melbourne = 4.
Had a good chance three weeks ago.

13) GWS def. North = 3.

The only teams we have recently defeated are West Coast, Richmond, Gold Coast and Freo.

Our record is 15 wins and 1 draw since round 1 2020.

4 W - Eagles
3 W - Suns
2 W - Richmond
1 W and 1 D - Giants
1 W - Freo
1 W - Blues
1 W - Hawks
1 W - Crows
1 W - Saints

Since round 1 2022 it’s 8 Wins only.
3 W - West Coast
2 W - Richmond
1 W - Freo
2 W - Gold Coast

Time to start turning this around. Play out the year. We should 100% be looking to beat the Dogs and Hawks.

And let’s knock off both Geelong and Essendon in 2025 ffs

Last edited:
CURRENT STREAKS

1) Geelong def. North Melbourne = 13. We genuinely had a chance to end this a couple of weeks ago but this is a mental demon more than one based on ability. Would be nice to play them at Marvel again.

2) Essendon def. North Melbourne = 11.
We had 2 genuine chances go begging in 2023. Streak should have ended at 8 and instead rises to 11.

3) Sydney def. North Melbourne = 8. Also should have ended at 6. That interchange infringement last year still hurts. Also were the only side who could not capitalise on their form drop this year.

4) Brisbane Lions def. North Melbourne = 7
Could continue for a while yet.

5) Adelaide def. North Melbourne = 6
We belted them in 2020 and since that game neither side has played finals and they have the wood over us.

6) Melbourne def. North Melbourne = 6.
Our loss this year doesn’t look as good as it should now but we should go past them next year.

7) Western Bulldogs def. North Melbourne = 6.
The 17 point loss looks better by the week. Pray they don’t annihilate us next Sunday.

8) Collingwood def. North Melbourne = 5.
Still hurts. F*** the umpires.

9) Hawthorn def. North Melbourne = 5.
If LDU didn’t miss round 3 last year then I’d say we’d have won. But now we’ve lost to them 5 times in a row and could be 6. Amazing how quickly they’ve improved.

10) Port Adelaide def. North Melbourne = 5.
Give us a game at Marvel ffs. 6 years and counting now.

11) St Kilda def. North Melbourne = 5.
Yeh we should have ended this steak at 3 last year. When we can play 4 quarters we will. Only a matter of time.

12) Carlton def. North Melbourne = 4.
Had a good chance three weeks ago.

13) GWS def. North = 3.

The only teams we have recently defeated are West Coast, Richmond, Gold Coast and Freo.

Our record is 15 wins and 1 draw since round 1 2020.

4 W - Eagles
3 W - Suns
2 W - Richmond
1 W and 1 D - Giants
1 W - Freo
1 W - Blues
1 W - Hawks
1 W - Crows
1 W - Saints

Since round 1 2022 it’s 8 Wins only.
3 W - West Coast
2 W - Richmond
1 W - Freo
2 W - Gold Coast

Time to start turning this around. Play out the year. We should 100% be looking to beat the Dogs and Hawks.

And let’s knock off both Geelong and Essendon in 2025 ffs

Need to break the S A. hoodoo. Gone on way toooooooo long.

Random Q, do we have anyone in the interchange area who routinely holds up those cards with like a 3, 2, or 1 minutes to go, i've even seen some for 30sec ?

I don't really recall us doing it too much, if at all, maybe it would help with our conceding goals in red time problem if we did.

Don’t know her name but she’s the blonde haired woman on our Bench that’s been there for at least a decade

She actually carried LMacs baby off the ground after the run through on Saturday

Don’t know her name but she’s the blonde haired woman on our Bench that’s been there for at least a decade

She actually carried LMacs baby off the ground after the run through on Saturday
Might be Carly Fox. In her mums footsteps as part of the fabric.

Off the topic of my head trying to think of how many "Well Executer Upsets" (WEUs) we've caused over the years. Criteria is mine and proprietary.

2020-2024 - None

2019 - Hawthorn, Port Adelaide. I exclude Richmond and Collingwood because they were 'turn it up to 11' effort games and not WEUs.

2018 - Eagles. Tassie conditions helped.

2017 - Crows. Just a weird day.

2014 - 2016 - Ineligible

2013 - Geelong, Collingwood

Been slim pickings. Our wins are always fellow shitmen teams. Anytime we're the banana skin game for a stronger team we find new unusual ways to **** it up.

Off the topic of my head trying to think of how many "Well Executer Upsets" (WEUs) we've caused over the years. Criteria is mine and proprietary.

2020-2024 - None

2019 - Hawthorn, Port Adelaide. I exclude Richmond and Collingwood because they were 'turn it up to 11' effort games and not WEUs.

2018 - Eagles. Tassie conditions helped.

2017 - Crows. Just a weird day.

2014 - 2016 - Ineligible

2013 - Geelong, Collingwood

Been slim pickings. Our wins are always fellow shitmen teams. Anytime we're the banana skin game for a stronger team we find new unusual ways to **** it up.
Richmond game in 22?
Eagles over there in the wet in 21?

Eagles weren't much chop were they? Looked it up - 9th. Maybe.

Maybe Richmond 2022 but caretaker bounce is a bit different.
The Eagles had been going OK up until that point, was a major upset at the time. That game seemed to be the one that tipped them over the cliff, and started the steep decline into the hopeless rabble they are now.

The Richmond game was an awesome unexpected surprise, caretaker bounce did help though.
One of only 2 games we've won against finalists in the 2020's. Saints in round 1 2020 the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sad

We're shattered to share with you that young North Melbourne fan George McNees, who you may have seen spent a lot of time with us, has passed away.

A long-time patient at The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, George had battled brain cancer since he was a baby, and sadly he lost his fight yesterday.

George was a big Roos man from the start, spent time at the club and at our home fixtures in Melbourne and Hobart, and had a huge impact on our players and staff.

North Melbourne Women's will wear black armbands in Sunday's AFL Women's SuperClash, which will help raise money for the Good Friday Appeal.

Our thoughts are with George's mum Sarah, dad Darren, sister Arabella and the entire McNees family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back