*Rate A Player Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm one of the few it seems who still rates Micky O. I think if he played alongside a centre forward (Ashton is a prime example) week in week out he'd score 20+ goals in the league easily.

7.5/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Giggs, was a match winner in his day and a 8/10 back then. age has hit him now and he won't be getting better. 6.25/10.

You obviously didn't expect him to reach levels of awesomeness never seen before. Apparently this was his best season. Player of the year in fact.
It still makes me laugh that he won the award.

Im gonna put 3 players names down

Antonio Valencia

Chris Samba

Luca Toni

Dont rate them out of 10. Tell me how much youd pay for them

Antonio Valencia - Excellent winger in a fairly average side. There were only three really real quality players at Wigan at the start of the season and now with Palacios and Heskey leaving there's one - Valencia. Very dangerous outwide and gets on the score sheet occasionally and most of Wigans really good work runs through him. He probably would'nt be a certain starter for a top four club, but would definitely be running out more often than not for one of the 'second tier' teams like Everton and Villa. 13-15 million GBP.

Chris Samba - Had a great season in 07-08, and a fairly solid season again this year. Pretty strong, pretty quick and has fairly good judgement. I think he's probably playing at about his level at the moment and he wouldnt be of much interest to any of the top 7 or so clubs in England except as a bench/rotation player. You never know though, Villa need a new center back now that Laursen is gone and Arsenal like to buy average, bald center backs and throw them in the deep end. 5-8 million GBP

Luca Toni - Scores goals, doesnt do much else. Personally i've got issues with players who just sit in the box and dont contribute much in the build up, but thats neither here nor there. I dont think we'll ever see him in England unless one of the bottom clubs is willing to sign him on big dollars. For mine, he's too immobile and at over 32 years of age he'll probably just shuffle back off to Italy now that Bayern have brought Gomez. Depends who's paying, i dont think an English club would offer more than 5 million GBP but if the retirement home at AC Milan comes calling he might go for 7-10 million GBP.

Im gonna put 3 players names down

Antonio Valencia

Chris Samba

Luca Toni

Dont rate them out of 10. Tell me how much youd pay for them

Valencia - 9m

Samba - 2.5m

Toni - Nothing. Too old. No resale value.

Cambiasso - aging but still gets the job done, a very, very good player. 8/10
Aguero - very young, shows some super glimpses of what he could be like in the future, at this stage very inconsistent. 6/10
Maicon - a star, plain and simple. 8.5/10

rate these boys out of ten

Esteban Cambiasso?

Sergio Kun Aguero ?

Douglous Maicon ?

Cambiasso - Freak 8.5/10
Aguero - gret young player and will be awsome in a few years but on current ability 7.5/10
Maicon - superstar 9/10

Now rate these out of 10

Marcos Senna
Obafemi Martins
Jefferson Farfan

Marcos Senna - 8/10 From what I have seen of him, he is one of the best mids in the world when he's fit. Has struggled with injuries this season but still producing 1st class performances when fit.
Obafemi Martins - 5/10 Raw talent is the only thing that gives him anything above 2. The guy has had injury problems this season but he still failed to deliver when it mattered. One of those players who has had potential his whole career but just doesn't produce. The sort of player who at a new club might get 20ish goals for the season or be an absolute failure. So until he produces and hardens the **** up he is nothing better than a 5 at best in my opinion. I'm probably being generous as well.

Senna really came into his own in the Euros last year. He's carried on that form but he must be nearly 32 and with steadily lengthening history of soft tissue injurys he's not going to get any better. I think he's a top line player but he's going to slide over the next couple of seasons as age and injurys catch up. 8/10.

Martins I have no idea about, shows flashes of brilliance (anyone remember that rocket last year? wasnt it the 'fastest a soccer ball had ever been recorded travelling' or something) but more often than not just misses complete sitters, shows pretty average first touch and not very intelligent positional play. He's strikes me as the kind of player who does nothing 90% of the time and then the 10% he does contribute is pretty spectacular and it continues to justify his place in the squad. 4/10 Also, no one knows his real age.

Farfan had big props a few years (hello football manager superstar) ago but there hasnt been much press on him at all since then. I know he moved to Schalke for 10 million or something but that's a sideways move from PSV. Servicable but not spectacular. 6/10

Remove this Banner Ad

*Rate A Player Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back