Rate my Super Coach Team III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few issues mate. I believe Trengrove (Port) is injured. That is the first team i have seen with Maxwell in it. I wonder why???? Much better SC backmen out there. Happy with your mids, maybe Luke Ball an option.
Rucks reserves a worry. Bailey has done his knee for the 3rd time and won't play this year i believe. Gawn a project player for the Demons, will be lucky to play at all this year too. Look at Skipper, Lobbe, Warnock etc.
Watts is also currently injured, will play this year but maybe you can make some cash out of another forward rookie > Rockliff, PODS etc before he returns.

Cheers.

Hey mate,

Trengrove injured!?!? That's news to me!! Do you have a source there I can have a look at???

Much appreciated.

new side:

backs: Goddard (V.capt),Enright, Gilbert,. Hurn, Greenwood, J.Hunt, B Maguire, (Webberly, Silvagni)
mids: . Ablett (capt), Pendlebury,J Selwood, Scully, JTrengove, Martin, (Shuey, M Barlow)
rucks: Sandilands, Nic Nat (Warnock, Skipper)
fwds: N Riewoldt, Pav, Franklin, Gia, Tippett, Hall, Zieball (Rockliff, Pods)
14,200 left over any tips?

Here is my latest draft

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Hodge, Gilbee Malceski, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Silvagni)

Centres: Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Banner, Shuey)

Rucks: Sandilands, Hille (Skipper, Currie)

Forwards: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Lockyer, Giansiracusa, Hall, Dangerfield, Rohan (Rockliff,Gumleton)

Left over $3000.

Would love some feedback on this.

You ar absolutely right, I think i was just trying to prove you didnt need to have 2 or 3 rookies starting to be able to afford Ablett. I will wait and see which youngsters get elevated and selected just before round 1. It makes cence and gives me 170-220k to upgrade the rest of my team. You are a champ.

Ladson will slot straight back into that team and they are a strong outfit with Hodge, Ellis, Birchall, Ladson, Guerra, Gilham and Gibson they should mantain high possesion and all get heaps of the pill, especially the brand of footy they play with the slow build up from defence. Also Waters is tipped 2 play all 22 games and will play round 1 for sure (baring injury)

I will finish 1000 places higher thanks to all your help so far. With that money i will just upgrade Gilbee, what are your thoughts on Carrazzo? Has been a big possesion getter in the past, bit down on efective nes but will play that sling shot defender type role.

Haha very funny UI.

haha, cheers mate..!
Carrazzo has been in and out of my team.
Injury interrupted season last year, managed 15 games and averaged 85.
Only scored over 100 in 5 games, but one of those scores was a 164.
He is very capable of high numbers.
The encouraging signs for him, was he scored 3 of his 100's in his last 4 games.

Personally i think he will improve on last years numbers, should average around 90-95. Should score well early while Judd is out as he will rotate through the midfield.

There are a few players who are around this price range who i am considering.

- Carrazzo ( finds the ball, capable of putting up big numbers, inconsistent)
- Gilbee ( was once SC elite, looks to have slowed down, put on weight )
- Harbrow ( breakout season last year, will he improve again..? )
- Mattner ( with shaw, kennelly, malceski down back, mattner to get midfield time, great user of the ball )

Another thing which i find odd about Gilbee is that his possessions haven't dropped, he's just not using the ball as effectively as he once was.

Personally i think i am going to take a gamble on Mattner, with Goodes moving forward and sydney's rebounding defenders all fit, seems he will get midfield time.

Ummm... honestly???? Pretty ordinary.

maxwell is a SC spud. waite is a bit of a wild card and considering the options down back, there are better choices out there.

dalziell a poor choice. Martin is too expensive to sit on the bench. Cummington is about 6th on the list for rookies that price.

Gawn is out "indefinitely" Tippett is Ok as a ruck but you need a proven gun player in his spot.

Goodes should be an upgrade target not a starter. The rest of the fwds are OK but watts is still a crap shoot IMO.

sorry....

Captain... I think you are being a tad harsh in your summation of Maxwell I would be happy to take his average of 92 up from 75 the year before. He has improved his SC output consistently over the past 3 years.

I dont have him in my side but seriously considered him... but personally around that mark I think Lake and Kelly are better options...

haha, cheers mate..!
The encouraging signs for him, was he scored 3 of his 100's in his last 4 games.

Personally i think he will improve on last years numbers, should average around 90-95. Should score well early while Judd is out as he will rotate through the midfield.

- Mattner ( with shaw, kennelly, malceski down back, mattner to get midfield time, great user of the ball )

Another thing which i find odd about Gilbee is that his possessions haven't dropped, he's just not using the ball as effectively as he once was.

Personally i think i am going to take a gamble on Mattner, with Goodes moving forward and sydney's rebounding defenders all fit, seems he will get midfield time.

Carazzo simple - Dream Team yes, super coach no way. One of the poorest users of the football in the competition.

I am unsure why you have overlooked Paul Bower in your above assessment of players around the 450k mark. Had a really good season last year, fairly durable, half decent user of the football and will have a pot load of possessions as Carlton defenders should see a significant amount of ball this year....

Captain... I think you are being a tad harsh in your summation of Maxwell I would be happy to take his average of 92 up from 75 the year before. He has improved his SC output consistently over the past 3 years.

I dont have him in my side but seriously considered him... but personally around that mark I think Lake and Kelly are better options...

Yeah i have to agree with you there.
He scored over 100 in 11 of his 23 games aswell as 4 scores in the 90's.
Just quietly if you told me a $400K defender was going to have 15 scores over 90, i'd be jumping on.

SC Spud..? Terrible call Captain, two thumbs down :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Carazzo simple - Dream Team yes, super coach no way. One of the poorest users of the football in the competition.

I am unsure why you have overlooked Paul Bower in your above assessment of players around the 450k mark. Had a really good season last year, fairly durable, half decent user of the football and will have a pot load of possessions as Carlton defenders should see a significant amount of ball this year....

Just an oversight as i'm actually supposed to be working..
I've had Bower in and out also. Like his season last year and with Waite back and Jamison fit, should be freed up to be a play maker back there. Is a definite option.

that's a very solid team, i'm sure you could fit ablett or a dal santo in there... solid backline, serviceable midfield, 3 rookies is an acceptable gamble. good rucks, i like the forwards but i think dangerfield will do your head in. he did mind last year and he might get the 2 year blues.

Fairly hard to have second year blues when he is in his third year... :) I think he is going to have a cracking year playing more in the midfield and was one of my first players chosen.

I think too many teams have gone for the 3 starting rookie midfielders which is a risky strategy in terms of consistency of output, even Daniel Rich last year had some really low scores mixed in with some big games. Its going to require a fair amount of luck to guess correctly out of which of your 3 of 5 rookies you will start in each chosen week.

that's a very solid team, i'm sure you could fit ablett or a dal santo in there... solid backline, serviceable midfield, 3 rookies is an acceptable gamble. good rucks, i like the forwards but i think dangerfield will do your head in. he did mind last year and he might get the 2 year blues.

you realise dangerfield is a third year player? Though to be fair he didn't play a whole lot (if at all?) in his first year due to school.. Personally i'm backing him to step up this year. I played with and against patty in juniors (which is maybe why i have a soft spot for him) and he is a dead set gun. Fingers crossed i'm right and he gets his average up to 80-90!

B: Goddard-Drummond-Enright-Duffield-Grimes-Hodge-Waters bench..Maguire,Webberley

M: Ablett-Selwood-Armitage-Martin-Trengove-Barlow
bench..Banner-Shuey

R: Hille-Naitanui
bench..Warnock-Skipper

F: Riewoldt-Higgins-Franklin-Gray-Ziebell-Hall-Ballantyne
bench..Rockliff-Roberts

Backs very strong,
Mids I feel is where the best upgrades are this year,
Bastinac to come in for who is not named rd1
Rucks a bit risky!
Forwards very strong IMO.
Thoughts anyone??

What are peoples thoughts on not picking one of the big 3 (Trangove, Scully, Martin) and instead going for value rookies such as Barlow (great NAB cup) , Jetta (sure to get game time with the swans) , Banner (will he play for Port consistently?) and even Moles (waiting on rookie elevation)

If for instance you go Barlow, Jetta, Banner , Moles - instead of say Trengove, Martin, Barlow, Jetta you save yourself - $266, 600 which is a sizeable chunk of cash which can then be used to upgrade your backline D5 D6 from say Ladson, Malceski to something with 2 x 400k+ defenders

My thinking is the diiference between Trengove/Martin compared to Barlow/Jetta is maybe 20 - 30 points a week.

Where as the difference between Malceski/Ladson/Hunt/Waters (whoever you have at D5 and D6) compared to 2 x near premiums could be 40 - 50+ a week?

thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are peoples thoughts on not picking one of the big 3 (Trangove, Scully, Martin) and instead going for value rookies such as Barlow (great NAB cup) , Jetta (sure to get game time with the swans) , Banner (will he play for Port consistently?) and even Moles (waiting on rookie elevation)

If for instance you go Barlow, Jetta, Banner , Moles - instead of say Trengove, Martin, Barlow, Jetta you save yourself - $266, 600 which is a sizeable chunk of cash which can then be used to upgrade your backline D5 D6 from say Ladson, Malceski to something with 2 x 400k+ defenders

My thinking is the diiference between Trengove/Martin compared to Barlow/Jetta is maybe 20 - 30 points a week.

Where as the difference between Malceski/Ladson/Hunt/Waters (whoever you have at D5 and D6) compared to 2 x near premiums could be 40 - 50+ a week?

thoughts?

Spot on! Great Post..

That is exactly my way of thinking these player also have the ability to appreciate faster in price starting from a smaller base salary.

I dont think you will see a major different in scoring from those high draft rookies compared to some of your mature aged ones - Moles, Barlow & Jetta.

Hi all,
Any feedback on this team would be fantastic. Thanks in advance

supercoach.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi all,

supercoach.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just some quick notes:
-Would see a fitter bunch of people at the local retirement home than your Injury prone backline should have one only at max of Hunt, Malceski, Macguire & Waters. (look at possibly Nash, Everitt, Schoenmakers, Gillies as some of your lower priced backs)
- Love the Harry O selection think there will be a big improvement this year in his scoring output as he gets more confidence as a key member of that back line
-Midfield is full of talent! :thumbsu: maybe too much money has been spent on this line to the detriment of the overall team. Although personally Cooney is to prone to chuck in some 40-60 scores and there are more consistent options
- Ruckman need work, Lobbe no automatic starter. Need to somehow upgrade McCauley to at least Warnock (maybe downgrading one of Trengrove or Martin to Moles seeing you have Barlow and Jetta as back up
- Forward line sensational!

Overall strong team with only minor tinkering IMHO...

Just some quick notes:
-Would see a fitter bunch of people at the local retirement home than your Injury prone backline should have one only at max of Hunt, Malceski, Macguire & Waters. (look at possibly Nash, Everitt, Schoenmakers, Gillies as some of your lower priced backs)

Dammit, I have three of the four, although Ladson over Hunt isn't much of a difference

Just some quick notes:

Dammit, I have three of the four, although Ladson over Hunt isn't much of a difference

I disagree Mentalist. Josh Hunt is hardly 'injury prone'. He had a freak incident and did his knee. From all reports he is back to full fitness and ready to go.. Malceski's injury (again a freak knee incident) was 2 years ago and last year it was his mental issues that were causing him to play poorly.

The other two, I will agree, have had their fair share of injuries

Hi all,

supercoach.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey i really like this team, midfield is very strong and has the 4 players i would pick if it wasnt for the depth of midfield rookies. My only suggestions would be to downgrade maybe trengrove to a 100k rookie, shuey perhaps banner, bastinac. I would also probably leave out one of your mid range forwards and use the cash down back.

Thanks for the feedback all,

My thinking with the forward line being strong is to cover moving Tippett to the rucks if I need to replace one of the guys on the ground at any stage.

There is a bit too much risk on the backline. Probably too much of a gamble over a season. I will look to free up some cash to strengthen that up a bit.

haha, cheers mate..!

Mattner is intresting, the other 3 have popped into my mind, but it sounds good in theroey and if it will pay of it will be a huge master stroke.

I think I can remember back to the 08 might have even been 07 season it was about mid season and he absolutelly tore it up, i think he would have been averageng 115-120 for a run of 7-8 games. I just went and looked up his raw stats and it may have been R7 - R14 07. In 1 game were he led the team to 1 of only 4 wins for the season he had 18 kicks 19 h/b 37 poss 4 marks 10 tackles.

Has Jarrad Waite entered your mind? If fit could easily average 100.

Mattner is intresting, the other 3 have popped into my mind, but it sounds good in theroey and if it will pay of it will be a huge master stroke.

I think I can remember back to the 08 might have even been 07 season it was about mid season and he absolutelly tore it up, i think he would have been averageng 115-120 for a run of 7-8 games. I just went and looked up his raw stats and it may have been R7 - R14 07. In 1 game were he led the team to 1 of only 4 wins for the season he had 18 kicks 19 h/b 37 poss 4 marks 10 tackles.

Has Jarrad Waite entered your mind? If fit could easily average 100.

I do remember the hot streak he went on, i think it was 08, when he averaged around 98 by memory. I'd really like it if he did it from rounds 1 to 7 this year, and i can upgrade him to Goddard/Goodwin.

We shall see how that plays out..

Jarrad Waite is definitely on my radar, but i am looking at him as a trade down target before the price increases in round 4, depending how he is playing. Not confident he will start the season well, he may even drop further in price from $407K, BUT if he starts well, I will see which of my players are under performing in my backs or forwards and downgrade them to Waite and pocket the money for an upgrade somewhere else.

Also just looking at Jason Gram, averaged 98 over the NAB cup. Pretty Impressive and also Harry O'Brien, scored a 144 against Adelaide in the wet and has averaged over 100 i believe all up.

Definitely some value in the backs this year, just need to get lucky and pick the right ones.

Backs:Goddard,Enright,Shaw,Hodge, Malceski, Hunt, Greenwood. (Maguire,Davis)
Midfield: Ablett,Pendles,Mitchell,Wells,Martin,Barlow.(Batinac,Shuey)
Forward: Roo,Jonno Brown, Harvey, Gray, Hall, Ziebell, Rohan (Podis,rockcliff)

Help please.
I dont know about ablett, will he drop?

A few others aswell..

Thoughts? :) Thanks!

Backs:Goddard,Enright,Shaw,Hodge, Malceski, Hunt, Greenwood. (Maguire,Davis)
Midfield: Ablett,Pendles,Mitchell,Wells,Martin,Barlow.(Batinac,Shuey)
Forward: Roo,Jonno Brown, Harvey, Gray, Hall, Ziebell, Rohan (Podis,rockcliff)

Help please.
I dont know about ablett, will he drop?

A few others aswell..

Thoughts? :) Thanks!

Backs are good but pretty much what everyone else has.

Mids are interesting with Wells. personally I think he's crap but he's a unique pick.

Not going to bother with a ruck division? You're not a former StKilda coach are you???

Fwds are pretty handy too. But I did hear somewhere Gray is injured??

As for Ablett. I'm betting he will drop (Though not by much) but I still have in my team. Bottom line, he is the best scorer in the comp and most teams will have him as captain. If you don't start with him, you're giving up at least 50 pts a game to your opponent. Besides, you'll trade him in eventually so why waste a trade?

I do remember the hot streak he went on, i think it was 08, when he averaged around 98 by memory. I'd really like it if he did it from rounds 1 to 7 this year, and i can upgrade him to Goddard/Goodwin.

We shall see how that plays out..

Jarrad Waite is definitely on my radar, but i am looking at him as a trade down target before the price increases in round 4, depending how he is playing. Not confident he will start the season well, he may even drop further in price from $407K, BUT if he starts well, I will see which of my players are under performing in my backs or forwards and downgrade them to Waite and pocket the money for an upgrade somewhere else.

Also just looking at Jason Gram, averaged 98 over the NAB cup. Pretty Impressive and also Harry O'Brien, scored a 144 against Adelaide in the wet and has averaged over 100 i believe all up.

Definitely some value in the backs this year, just need to get lucky and pick the right ones.

It mite have been both seasons cause Corrazzo averaged i think 103ish in 07 ah had him as captain for a few games. But he is a risk, with his hot and cold form.

Gram is olso on my radar, has been in and out of my team and surprisingly had a form slump last season compared 2 his previous 2 or 3 seasons were he was around the 90 point mark. He is under priced for what he is able of producing.

I belive its round 3 the prices change, you may have mixed it up with the round 4 when the SC season starts. Must be an SC noob. Haha just taking the piss :D

Harry O'Brien is a spud. Quick and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back