Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to finally see Ladson out of sides as hes injured and may miss the opening rounds.

Also i think people with S.Selwood will be laughing through the year, primed for increased midfield time, bigger body, eagles on the rise, increased fitness and was considered to be the best Selwood at one point (until Joel played AFL). But is only a good sign of what he can do.

Also for the above Cale Morton, is way too high in price. Get rid of him and that goes for anyone with him in your side. Will likely get tagged and also is priced at almost 90 avg. Not exactly cheap whilst you can get a brownlow medalist at the same price. Cooney.

Sheppard also training very well, is worthy of a 7th back position, saves money aswell and i reckon he can score quite well.

What is the word on Webberly, is he training the house down because I haven't heard of him before. BTW I will give your team 8/10 although there are question marks over Higgins, Grimes and obviously Gumbleton is risky starting in your 22. It is also very similar to the norm but that may not be such a bad thing!

untitled.jpg

feedback? Have i picked up any injured players?

Not bad, I think Jesse Smith is injured but his on your bench so nothing to worry about!

Everitt is a unique pick and someone I'm sure wont be in many teams, same thing applies to Reid. Make sure both are locked into their sides best 22 during the NAB Cup.

Also find your midfield interesting, if Armitage comes off you could get away with just one more upgrade to finalise your midfield.

Apart from this looks to be a very even line up.

Hey thanks for the feedback Ruthless Tiger. I'll have a crack with the players in the NAB cup and see how I go.:thumbsu:

B: Andrew Carrazzo - Sam Fisher - Josh Hunt
HB: Tadgh Kennelly - Adam McPhee - Heath Shaw
C: Adam Cooney - Luke Hodge - Mark McVeigh
HF: Matthew Pavlich - Jonathan Brown - Shaun Higgins
F: Robbie Gray - Lance Franklin - Patrick Dangerfield
Foll: Darren Jolly - Jimmy Bartel - Bernie Vince
Int: David Hille - Ben Warren - Dustin Martin - Nic Suban

Rest: Phil Davis - Jackson Trengove - Luke Shuey - Sam Blease - Matthew Lobbe - Robert Warnock - Scott Gumbleton - Trent Dennis-Lane

Good to finally see Ladson out of sides as hes injured and may miss the opening rounds.
and what injury would that be?

Osborne and i think Hodge have mentioned in videos (DT TALK) that Ladson probably won't be ready for round one.

it doesn't mean you can't have him in your team though. that's just silly. assumedly a decent team would have two rd1 starting bench players for cover anyway. he's not priced as a keeper so who cares if he misses a round...

B: Andrew Carrazzo - Sam Fisher - Josh Hunt
HB: Tadgh Kennelly - Adam McPhee - Heath Shaw
C: Adam Cooney - Luke Hodge - Mark McVeigh
HF: Matthew Pavlich - Jonathan Brown - Shaun Higgins
F: Robbie Gray - Lance Franklin - Patrick Dangerfield
Foll: Darren Jolly - Jimmy Bartel - Bernie Vince
Int: David Hille - Ben Warren - Dustin Martin - Nic Suban

Rest: Phil Davis - Jackson Trengove - Luke Shuey - Sam Blease - Matthew Lobbe - Robert Warnock - Scott Gumbleton - Trent Dennis-Lane

Blease is not ready yet. Does Josh Hunt averaging just 65 not worry you? I mean now Ladson is injured and the pool of midpriced backs getting shallower and shallower he could be an alright option but Broadbent is a good choice and too a lesser extent Buckley. BTW What is this interchange thing you pick 7 Backs, 6 Mids, 2 Rucks, 7 Forwards and 2 reserves for each position.

Blease is not ready yet. Does Josh Hunt averaging just 65 not worry you? I mean now Ladson is injured and the pool of midpriced backs getting shallower and shallower he could be an alright option but Broadbent is a good choice and too a lesser extent Buckley. BTW What is this interchange thing you pick 7 Backs, 6 Mids, 2 Rucks, 7 Forwards and 2 reserves for each position.

Not for a player priced at $160k.

do you expect martin or trengove to average much more than that? I don't but they will be too of the most picked players and are around the same price as hunt...

so what is the difference?

Backs:
R Shaw, Gilbee, Newman, Russell, Hurn, Buckley, Sheppard (Mcguire, Davis)

Centres:
Boyd, Prismall, Hodge, Ball, Trengrove, Martin (Morabito, Shuey)

Rucks:
Jolly, Kreuzer (Charman, Warnock)

Forwards:
Goodes, Pavlich, Lecras, Gray, Hahn, Tippett, Dangerfield (Moore, Gumbleton)

Any thoughts? Love to hear some advice :)

Also for the above Cale Morton, is way too high in price. Get rid of him and that goes for anyone with him in your side. Will likely get tagged and also is priced at almost 90 avg. Not exactly cheap whilst you can get a brownlow medalist at the same price. Cooney.

DWD, on Morton a month ago:

hes my secret weapeon, going under the radar. I think he could avg 100+ aswell.

If hes a back he will be my first picked player.

As for the tags i expect Sylvia, Davey and Grimes to get the tags ahead of him.

You really have zero credibility.

Agreed.

Also i think people with S.Selwood will be laughing through the year, primed for increased midfield time, bigger body, eagles on the rise, increased fitness and was considered to be the best Selwood at one point (until Joel played AFL). But is only a good sign of what he can do.
I have Selwood in my side, defiently a smokey for me.

Morton won't get tagged, there is players like Sylvia ahead of him.
Sheppard also training very well, is worthy of a 7th back position, saves money aswell and i reckon he can score quite well.
No, there is no way I am getting him in my team unless he shows he is ready for afl in the NAB Cup. I think getting someone like Davis and starting him (saving 50k) is better then him, then you could do an easy upgrade like Kennelly to lets say a more reliable player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would rate him being more damaging than the player who has arguably the best kick in the league, Davey, and also the much improved Colin Sylvia...

both the above players are attacking midfielders while Morton likes his cheap possies around the half back line to the wing

if a coach was tagging Morton over Davey and Sylvia then I think they need to watch the demons play more often

You 100% sure on Blease not ready ? :confused: - could i have your opinion on it?
Also i'd be happy even if Hunt averaged 55, he's priced at 164k, not many people care, as long as the man makes us all some ****ing money.

DWD, on Morton a month ago:

You really have zero credibility.

ive changed my mind after watching most of the melbourne games. His skill by foot will be shutdown quickly, also was like the main steup player for them, a player oppo sides would want to shutdown.

Backs:
R Shaw, Gilbee, Newman, Russell, Hurn, Buckley, Sheppard (Mcguire, Davis)

Centres:
Boyd, Prismall, Hodge, Ball, Trengrove, Martin (Morabito, Shuey)

Rucks:

Forwards:

Any thoughts? Love to hear some advice

repost: eh...no ones rating

Pretty solid team mate, but your mids are quite weak. Boyd, Prismall, Hodge (should be in backs) and Ball aren't gonna get you the big points. I watch a lot of Luke Ball, he's been my favourite player since I was like 10, his handball to kick ratio is shit, doesn't take many marks. He will lay a shitload of tackles but there are some days when it's a fast running game he wont get the tackles, which means like 50-60 points. With him playing at the G this year, he wont rack up tackles like at the the Dome. So everyone, stay away from Luke Ball this year.

Also, Mitch Hahn. Nearly 30, he's not gonna improve. What were you thinking?

dtdraft2.jpg

No comments on mine so far either.

Pretty solid team mate, but your mids are quite weak. Boyd, Prismall, Hodge (should be in backs) and Ball aren't gonna get you the big points. I watch a lot of Luke Ball, he's been my favourite player since I was like 10, his handball to kick ratio is shit, doesn't take many marks. He will lay a shitload of tackles but there are some days when it's a fast running game he wont get the tackles, which means like 50-60 points. With him playing at the G this year, he wont rack up tackles like at the the Dome. So everyone, stay away from Luke Ball this year.

dtdraft2.jpg

No comments on mine so far either.

Rioli is still having groin/ hip troubles, which makes me a little worried. Especially since you've got the Gray/ Rioli combo.

JMac might need to play too defensive this year. keep an eye on him in the NAB Cup. I like Harbrow at around his price.

Otherwise it seems like you know what you're doing..

After some changing i have done the following changes:

Backs:
R Shaw, Hodge(Gilbee), Newman, Russell, Hurn, Buckley, Sheppard (Mcguire, Davis)

Centres:
Boyd, Pendlebury (hodge), J Selwood (prismall), Masten (ball), Trengrove, Martin (Bastinac (Morabito), Shuey)

Rucks:

Forwards:

Now the one problem is.. who should I replace Hahn with?
Hahn was pretty decent last year thats why I picked him. Just remembered big bad bazzas in whitten oval now. I've got 6.9k in the bank. Ideas?

Struggling quite a bit with my dreamteam
the lack of value is astounding this year. (so many premiums and rookies...not much in between)

well here is my first crack at my team
all opinions are wanted

Backs: R. Hargrave, A. Carrazzo, L. Hodge, R. Shaw, J. Drummond, J. Geary, T. Kennelly M. Maguire, P. Davis

Mids: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, R. Palmer, J. Trengove, D. Martin, A. Morabito L. Shuey, R. Bastinac

Fwds:p. Chapman, ROK, L. Franklin, R. Gray, K. Tippet, J. Ziebell, P. Dangerfield L. Tapscott, T. Dennis-Lane

* I am a tad unsure about this choices

ive changed my mind after watching most of the melbourne games. His skill by foot will be shutdown quickly, also was like the main steup player for them, a player oppo sides would want to shutdown.

And it's not that you want to keep C. Morton "your" secret?

Please. You have the credibility of a Nigerian banker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back