Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting how you tell people what they should do rather than suggesting it to them? Not having a go at your feedback technique, because I know you are only trying to help.

I don't think telling people what you would do is the same as telling people what they should do. Axel starts just about every post with "I would..."

From what I've read Axel is more gentle than others.

I think I would downgrade one of Ablett/Thompson/Cooney for another mid-pricer (such as Masten) and use the cash to uprgrade either TDL or Polkinghorne.

Thanks Anzac, great job at Gallipoli btw, thanks for that.

Nice suggestion about upgrading. If I were to do that I think Thomspon would be the guy I'd downgrade because I haven't got another Capt candidate so I think I need Ablett and I think Cooney is better value than Thompson.

Does that make sense?

Thanks Anzac, great job at Gallipoli btw, thanks for that.

Nice suggestion about upgrading. If I were to do that I think Thomspon would be the guy I'd downgrade because I haven't got another Capt candidate so I think I need Ablett and I think Cooney is better value than Thompson.

Does that make sense?

Haha thankyou;)

And yeah i would of downgraded Thompson as well, I'm not too sure about Ablett but it does give you that captincy option as well as Selwood.

Dreamteam:
Backs: D.Fletcher, H.Taylor, H.O'brien, L.Hansen, D.Wojcinski, C.Tarrant, M.Maguire, (J.Dare, Z.Touhy)

Midfield: J.Selwood, S.Black, A.Cooney, S.Higgins, K.Jack, D.Kerr (D.Martin, K.Stevens)

Rucks: A.Sandilands, K.Tippett, (R.Warnock, W.Skipper)

Forwards: J.Brown, M.Pavlich, B.Fevola, J.Brennan, C.Knights, L.Franklin, M.Hurley, (D.Mcneil, J.Podsiadly)

Opinions/Advice would be great
Your forward line looks too expensive while your backline looks too cheap. Might be worth downgrading a couple of your forwards and then upgrading a few backs. Midfield is interesting Jack looks like unique pick and Kerr could pay off if he gets back to his form of a couple a years ago.

Your forward line looks too expensive while your backline looks too cheap. Might be worth downgrading a couple of your forwards and then upgrading a few backs. Midfield is interesting Jack looks like unique pick and Kerr could pay off if he gets back to his form of a couple a years ago.

whilst i agree slightly - i am closely coming to the opinion that being weak in one area and strong in another isn't too bad.

Ulitmately it is getting the best 22 scoring. Last year I made the mistake of trying to have a balanced side when their were not that many good rookies in defence.

I should have had a stronger defence relatively - and weakened my mids &/or fwds where their were more value options.

I reckon find your best value picks - slot them in wherever you find them - and then fill the gaps with rookies and stars.

Anyway - that's what i'm trialling this year - as it stands - i see most of the value in defence.

B; Goddard, Hodge, Fisher, McPhee, Ellis, Kenelly, Ladson (Maguire, Davis)

C; Swan, Bartel, Vince, Cooney, Trengove, Martin (Shuey, Blease)

R; Kreuzer, Tippett(Skipper, Lobbe)

F; Brown, Buddy, Waite, Rioli, Gray, Dangerfeild, Woneamirri (TDL, Gumby)

Waite is only there to make a bit of use of the position rule, and i couldnt think of anyone else, probably wont be there at the start of the season. Not very unique but dont really care at the moment. 42k left

dreamteam20103.jpg

Rip it to shreds guys!

What do you guys reckon, have tweaked it a bit...

B: Goddard, Carrazzo, S.Fisher, Symes, Kennelly, Waters, Maguire (Sheppard, Davis)
M: Hayes, J.Selwood, Cross, Masten, Trengove, Martin (Schuey, Bastinac)
R: Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Cordy)
F: Didak, S.Johnson, Goodes, Higgins, Ziebell, Polkinghorne, Dangerfield (Dennis-Lane, Tapscott)

$91.1k left over

B; Goddard, Hodge, Fisher, McPhee, Ellis, Kenelly, Ladson (Maguire, Davis)

C; Swan, Bartel, Vince, Cooney, Trengove, Martin (Shuey, Blease)

R; Kreuzer, Tippett(Skipper, Lobbe)

F; Brown, Buddy, Waite, Rioli, Gray, Dangerfeild, Woneamirri (TDL, Gumby)

I like this team.

Maybe just downgrade Mcphee for someone cheaper and upgrade Wonna for Polks if you have enough money.

dreamteam20103.jpg

Rip it to shreds guys!

Franklin won't play round one so make sure you have a emergency that will play and maybe upgrade Masten or Ward for Mckay who i think will dominate this season.

dreamteam20103.jpg

Rip it to shreds guys!

I think your midfield might be a bit too cheap and you have a lot of risks starting Ward, Masten, Trengove and Martin, thats most likely 4 trades already right there.

Also I reckon your forward line is a bit top heavy with Brown, Pav and Buddy...maybe downgrade one of those to someone under 300k with really good value and upgrade one of Ward or Masten in the midfield.

I really like your backline though, I guess the one thing I would say is maybe its a bit expensive, but then that is where most teams struggled last year with low scoring backlines. Possibly to make more cash you could downgrade mayne Mackie or Shaw to a Kennelly or Waters. Cash in hand is always a bonus too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the feedback guys it's much appreciated. I have $50k left over so I might tinker with my side a little bit more.

In regards to Lidders team I think your team is ok but it needs major work. Players like Morton, Kennedy and Ballantyne are unproven DT'ers. Chapman has injury concerns and I'm not sure whether Sheppard will be playing in round 1.

Hope that helps.

Backs:

Goddard
Hodge
Cornes
Enright
Ladson
Kennelly
Waters

Maguire
P.Davis

Centre:

Ablett
Swan
Selwood
Masten
Martin
Trengrove

Cunnington
Shuey

Rucks:

Sandlilands
Hille

Lobbe
Trengove

Forwards:

Riewoldt
Didak
Franklin
Knights
Ziebell
Dangerfield
Gumbleton

Dennis-Lane
Tapscott

Cheers for the feedback AS9

I have gone with chappy just because when he plays he is pretty much always a 100+ score. 1 or 2 rounds out a year, or 5 like last year i can live with.

Morton averaged around the 80 mark last yr, and i will be hoping for improvement.

Shepphard is one i can move around in the back line with Davis and webberly, i"m banking on at least one of these 3 playing each round.

Ballantyne will most likley be swapped before round 1, though am hoping for the scores he is cappable of. Bit of a punt i know.

kennedy is looking the goods in the eagles talls up forward this yr.

Does all this sound reasonable?

Have taken on board the comments by many of you and tried to strengthen my backline. Got rid of Ladson and Broadbent for McPhee and Carlile (havent seen this guy picked in many teams at all..is he injured?)

Thoughts welcome

One other thing...I dont have the guy but whats the reason for many spruiking Polkinghorne? Ive not really heard of the guy, but he is springing up in a fair few forward lines

fatboyssixthfeb.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5264/fatboyssixthfeb.jpg

Heres my team, I think im relying to much on Draftees but w/e. Also thinking about switching Watts for Gumby.

team1.png

Backs:

Goddard
Hodge
Cornes
Enright
Ladson
Kennelly
Waters

Maguire
P.Davis

Centre:

Ablett
Swan
Selwood
Masten
Martin
Trengrove

Cunnington
Shuey

Rucks:

Sandlilands
Hille

Lobbe
Trengove

Forwards:

Riewoldt
Didak
Franklin
Knights
Ziebell
Dangerfield
Gumbleton

Dennis-Lane
Tapscott
Personally, my team is set out nearly exactly the same way as yours and its a great team. On the negative side, I do think your backline is way too weak as half of the starters are barring injury (Waters, Kennelly, Ladson, Cornes).

Backline: Again, way too weak in terms of a stable team. I would consider getting rid of Cornes (although he looks to be a 'unique pick' this season with no-one taking him) as he seems to be on the injury side of things. Watch for Waters in the NAB Cup, but I think it will be safer to get rid of him with the other players in your team. Ladson isn't set for round 1. If you're still wanting a cheap player I would go for Broadbent - was going to be my smokey but looks like everyone is getting him! :mad:

Midfield: Set out just like mine, and I love this midfield. 3 guns, a risky mid priced keeper (if lucky) and two rookies. No need to change this midfield at all.

Forward: Quite a young forward line which everyone seems to be going for, but I would wait on Knights to be honest. Me being a Crows supporter, I am a huge fan of him and his new position in the forward line - unfortunatly not DT wise. Craigy will watch him play midfield (most probably) in the NAB Cup, but I would think he will stay forward line with all our new midfielders. If anyone from the forward line is going to move into the midfield it will be Dangerfield.

All together, I do think your backline needs a bit of shuffling but great team :thumbsu:

Would love some thoughts on this team :)
Backs:
Gram
Enright
Hodge
Grimes
H Shaw
Kennely
Sheppard
(Webberley, Davis)

Mids:
Ablett
Selwood
Pendlebury
Masten
Martin
Trengove
(Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks:
Kruzer
Hille
(Lobbe, Trengove)

Forwards:
Riewoldt
Pavlich
Sylvia
Knights
Gia
Dangerfield
Gumbleton
(Tapscott, Dennis-Lane)

Any suggestions would be great!

Backs:

Goddard
Hodge
Cornes
Enright
Ladson
Kennelly
Waters

Maguire
P.Davis

Centre:

Ablett
Swan
Selwood
Masten
Martin
Trengrove

Cunnington
Shuey

Rucks:

Sandlilands
Hille

Lobbe
Trengove

Forwards:

Riewoldt
Didak
Franklin
Knights
Ziebell
Dangerfield
Gumbleton

Dennis-Lane
Tapscott

One of the best teams i have seen!

Awesome work H2G! :thumbsu:

Have tweaked my team a fair bit:

B:Goddard, Gram, Enright, Hodge, H Shaw, Kennelly, Ladson (Sheppard, Davis)

M: J Selwood, Thompson, K Cornes, D Mackay, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

R: Clark, Ottens (Lobbe, Trengrove)

F: Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, R Murphy, Hall, Dangerfield, Wonaeamirri (Tapscott, TDL)

$86,300 left over for upgrades, I do feel as if they midfield is alot weaker in comparison to the backline/forward but the idea is the midfield is easily modified throughout the season rather than the backline/forwardline. Thoughts?

Personally, my team is set out nearly exactly the same way as yours and its a great team. On the negative side, I do think your backline is way too weak as half of the starters are barring injury (Waters, Kennelly, Ladson, Cornes).

Backline: Again, way too weak in terms of a stable team. I would consider getting rid of Cornes (although he looks to be a 'unique pick' this season with no-one taking him) as he seems to be on the injury side of things. Watch for Waters in the NAB Cup, but I think it will be safer to get rid of him with the other players in your team. Ladson isn't set for round 1. If you're still wanting a cheap player I would go for Broadbent - was going to be my smokey but looks like everyone is getting him! :mad:

Midfield: Set out just like mine, and I love this midfield. 3 guns, a risky mid priced keeper (if lucky) and two rookies. No need to change this midfield at all.

Forward: Quite a young forward line which everyone seems to be going for, but I would wait on Knights to be honest. Me being a Crows supporter, I am a huge fan of him and his new position in the forward line - unfortunatly not DT wise. Craigy will watch him play midfield (most probably) in the NAB Cup, but I would think he will stay forward line with all our new midfielders. If anyone from the forward line is going to move into the midfield it will be Dangerfield.

All together, I do think your backline needs a bit of shuffling but great team :thumbsu:

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. Didn't know about Ladson's injury troubles. I agree I need to re-shuffle my backline. Again, thanks for the advice.

One of the best teams i have seen!

Awesome work H2G! :thumbsu:

Thank you. My third year now so I have a bit of experience :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back