Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that I've got a dozen of the same players, I'd say it looks like a pretty decent team at this point.

Steer clear of having Petrie as a starting ruck however as he's suspended in the first round AND North have a bye in Rd 3 (I've got him as a reserve, and at this point, he's only in the team as a potential cash cow).

Like most, I HAD Mzungu but have given him the flick (unless a medical report can convince me otherwise) and a little bit of tinkering has become a lot.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Bock, Hurley, A Otten, Cheney, Hibberd
SUBS: Puopolo, S Buckley, Duigan

C: Swan, Pendles, Goodes, Montagna, A Swallow, Wallis
SUBS: D Swallow, Gaff, Atley

R: Sandilands, Ryder
SUBS: Petrie, Curnow

F: Riewoldt, Franklin, Le Cras, Higgins, A Krakouer, Yarran, C Richardson
SUBS: Prestia, Darling, Lamb

Again, like most I'll probably change it a few more times before round 1 but until then any comments, questions and queries are most welcome.

back gibbs, deledio, duffield, shaw, grimes, guerra, otten, toy, buckley, bactelor

midds judd, joel selwood, pendlebury, burgoyne, josh kennedy, kerr, savage, atley, wallis

rucks tippett, petrie, charman, derickx,

forwards nick riewoldt, pavlich, j brown, davis, knights,a krakouer, griffiths, prestia, richardson with 2,200 left

Interesting ruck choice's .....

If you must have these 2, i would put 1 in the forwards to use the DPP during byes..

Given that I've got a dozen of the same players, I'd say it looks like a pretty decent team at this point.

Steer clear of having Petrie as a starting ruck however as he's suspended in the first round AND North have a bye in Rd 3 (I've got him as a reserve, and at this point, he's only in the team as a potential cash cow).

Like most, I HAD Mzungu but have given him the flick (unless a medical report can convince me otherwise) and a little bit of tinkering has become a lot.

Again, like most I'll probably change it a few more times before round 1 but until then any comments, questions and queries are most welcome.

A lot of money on your bench in the mids

I'm guessing Swallow will take his place on the ground in round 2?

Having a 170K player sit on the bench is interesting too, as you could free up 70K and upgrade Cheney or another mid ranger

Any thoughts on my team:

DEF: Bruce, Delidio, Broughton, Gilbee, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puopolo, Duigan)

MID: Swan, Cross, Dal Santo, Foley, Krakouer, Bewick (Swallow, Bennell, Harris)

RUCKS: Cox, Fraser (dericxz, Z Smith)

FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Higgins, Knights, Petrie (McKernan, Richardson, Matera)

There are a few tactics with Petrie, but starting with him on the bench and then selling him as a cow is not one of them IMO.

It ties up a lot of cash. I mean with that team, you could put Goodes in the forward line, and effectively have Bartel for Le Cras/Higgins by downgrading Petrie to Smith. That's potentially 20-30 points per week, and saving of a sideways upgrade of Le Cras/Higgins later on, with Petrie on the bench contributing nothing to your overall score. And then you are just going to sell him for money? If I was to start with Petrie (which I may do yet depending on r1 teams) then it would be with the intention of rotating him through the rucks and forwards as a bye super sub.

As a back up, but not as R2

Oh my bad, Pez, who would be the better option as a cheap ruck, Petrie or Hale?

At his best Petrie has averaged 90 + whilst Hale should play most games (if fit).

As some have said though, I think you need to pick two of Sandilands, Cox, Mumford, Jamar, Jolly. You can't beat having two premium ruck options.

There are a few tactics with Petrie, but starting with him on the bench and then selling him as a cow is not one of them IMO.

It ties up a lot of cash. I mean with that team, you could put Goodes in the forward line, and effectively have Bartel for Le Cras/Higgins by downgrading Petrie to Smith. That's potentially 20-30 points per week, and saving of a sideways upgrade of Le Cras/Higgins later on, with Petrie on the bench contributing nothing to your overall score. And then you are just going to sell him for money? If I was to start with Petrie (which I may do yet depending on r1 teams) then it would be with the intention of rotating him through the rucks and forwards as a bye super sub.

Agree on Petrie, Pez & I discussed him a few pages back, think he could be a good downgrade option perhaps (in the forwards, or even rucks).

Looking for some feedback plz

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio
Enright, Otten, Heppell
Duigan, Tape, Coad, Puopolo

Mids:
Swan, Judd, Pendlebury
Bartel, Gaff, Atley
Swallow(GC), Harris, Hibberd

Rucks:
Sandilands, Cox, Smith, Campbell

Forward:
Riewoldt, Pavlich, S.Johnson
Higgins, Yarran, Krakouer
Richardson, Petrie, Prestia, McKernan

Looking for some feedback plz

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio
Enright, Otten, Heppell
Duigan, Tape, Coad, Puopolo

Mids:
Swan, Judd, Pendlebury
Bartel, Gaff, Atley
Swallow(GC), Harris, Hibberd

Rucks:
Sandilands, Cox, Smith, Campbell

Forward:
Riewoldt, Pavlich, S.Johnson
Higgins, Yarran, Krakouer
Richardson, Petrie, Prestia, McKernan

Ditch S.Johnson, he'll infuriate you trying to do his tricks and getting clangars instead. He's much better suited to DT

How much money have you got left? You have a lot of rookies in your midfield and a lot of cheapies in your back also

Generally when someone has a lot of rookies in their midfield, they have all but 1 or 2 keepers in every other possie, but your backs look a little light on

I have Otten as my 7th back, you have him as your 5th with another 2 rookies starting

Bump from yesterday.

My 2nd effort:
I'd love your opinions on where i'm wrong and right, I found the foward line really difficult

BACKS - B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, L.Gilbee, H.Shaw, J.Grimes, B.Sheppard, A.Otten
Subs: M.Hibberd, P.Puopolo, N.Duigan

MIDS - B.Goddard, D.Swan, D.Cross, D.Martin, D.Harris, D.Swallow
Subs: R.Conca, M.Wallis, J.Green

RUCKS - D.Cox, M.Kreuzer
Subs: D.Petrie, T.Derickx

FORWARDS - N.Riewoldt, C.Rioli, S.Higgins, D.Zarharakis, A.Krakouer, C.Yarran, C.Knights
Subs: B.Matera, Z.Skinner, J.Darling

*Notes
I've selected Petrie not as a cash cow but to give my team stability in the areas that are a little more fragile

I'm on of the few that think Gilbee will have a better year than last year and become a 100 Point keeper

Ditch S.Johnson, he'll infuriate you trying to do his tricks and getting clangars instead. He's much better suited to DT

How much money have you got left? You have a lot of rookies in your midfield and a lot of cheapies in your back also

Generally when someone has a lot of rookies in their midfield, they have all but 1 or 2 keepers in every other possie, but your backs look a little light on

I have Otten as my 7th back, you have him as your 5th with another 2 rookies starting

100K or so left.

S.Johnson is looking at more midfield time this year, so I put him in. I originally had Chapman, but a massive punt considering he hasnt played a preseason match yet..

Any suggestions who to swap?

100K or so left.

S.Johnson is looking at more midfield time this year, so I put him in. I originally had Chapman, but a massive punt considering he hasnt played a preseason match yet..

Any suggestions who to swap?

Maybe switch him to J.Riewoldt?

Similar price

or Didak if yuo're willing to spend some of the extra 100K

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres my team, any feedback would be appreciated.. Ive gone for a basically rookie midfield to start the season with, obviously the rookies that i have selected may change before round 1, just waiting too see who is actually selected.

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Enright, Grimes, Adcock, Otten (Duigan, Hibberd, batcholer)

Mid: Selwood, Pendlebury, Kennedy, D.Swallow, Harris, Jacobs (Contin, Wallis, Mzungu)

Ruck: Cox, Jolly (Z.Smith, Curnow)

Forward: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Higgins, Krakour (Richardson, Matera, McKernan)

Thanks.

I've read through a few of the threads on the forum and have tried to make some selections based on current form. Here's my team let me know of any changes you would encourage.

Backs:
Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Enright, Grimes, N. Krakouer, Otten.

Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

Midfield:
Montagna, Murphy, Pendlebury, Bartel, D. Swallow, Heppell

Harris, Mzungu, Atley

Rucks:
Sandilands, Jolly

Smith, Derickx

Forwards:
Riewoldt, Franklin, Sylvia, Higgins, Dangerfield, A. Krakouer, Richardson

Dixon, Matera, I. Smith.

I'm still unsure about, Broughton, Enright, Sylvia, Higgins and Dangierfield. I've been thinking about the Shaw brothers, Gilbee, Duffield and a few others.

Happy to hear your thoughts.

This is my second season playing supercoach and because of that, I'm a little reluctant to critically comment on other teams.. but I am hoping that as the season progresses I can contribute a bit more.

That said, I'd love some feedback on my team thus far. I am thinking of putting this out on the park for round 1 with league wins probably being more important (fun) to me.

D: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Duigan (Coad, McKernan, Strauss)

M: Swan, Judd, Hodge, Krakouer, Swallow, Heppel (Harris, Smith, Atley)

R: Sandilands, Petrie (Smith, $91k)

F: Chapman (big ?), N Reiwoldt, Franklin, Giansiracusa, Dangerfield, Zaharakis, Richardson (Darling, Matera, ???)

Any thoughts appreciated - I think my balance needs some work (i.e. lacking players from Brisbane, Sydney, Port) but I've got good MPP functionality.

What do you guys think about the following team?

Backs
B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, M.Hurley, J.Rivers, E.Wood, A.Otten (subs: J.Toy, M.Hibberd, N.Duigan)

Midfield
D.Swan, J.Bartel, K.Jack, B.Sewell, A.Krakouer, D.Heppell (subs: D.Swallow, I.Smith, M.Wallis)

Rucks
A.Sandilands, S.Mumford (subs. J.Fraser, T.Derickx)

Forwards
A.Didak, T.Varcoe, S.Higgins, L.Jetta, M.Duncan, C.Knights, C.Richardson (subs: D.Petrie, M.Brown (Geel), J.Darling)

$59,800 in the bank.

Oh my bad, Pez, who would be the better option as a cheap ruck, Petrie or Hale?

At his best Petrie has averaged 90 + whilst Hale should play most games (if fit).

As some have said though, I think you need to pick two of Sandilands, Cox, Mumford, Jamar, Jolly. You can't beat having two premium ruck options.

Interested in your reasons for not listing Ryder here, HFF.

with the way Goddard has played preseason are people going to wait to bring him in? He has a break even of 130.
It's not worth having to use the trades and find the cash to bring him in. He was very consistent last year and his price never dropped by much at any stage. I think you'll be playing catchup if you don't start with him.

It's not worth having to use the trades and find the cash to bring him in. He was very consistent last year and his price never dropped by much at any stage. I think you'll be playing catchup if you don't start with him.

Tend to agree just putting it out there. I see any drop in price as no loss since only a season ending injury would see him traded out.

Bump from yesterday.

My 2nd effort:
I'd love your opinions on where i'm wrong and right, I found the foward line really difficult

BACKS - B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, L.Gilbee, H.Shaw, J.Grimes, B.Sheppard, A.Otten
Subs: M.Hibberd, P.Puopolo, N.Duigan

MIDS - B.Goddard, D.Swan, D.Cross, D.Martin, D.Harris, D.Swallow
Subs: R.Conca, M.Wallis, J.Green

RUCKS - D.Cox, M.Kreuzer
Subs: D.Petrie, T.Derickx

FORWARDS - N.Riewoldt, C.Rioli, S.Higgins, D.Zarharakis, A.Krakouer, C.Yarran, C.Knights
Subs: B.Matera, Z.Skinner, J.Darling

*Notes
I've selected Petrie not as a cash cow but to give my team stability in the areas that are a little more fragile

I'm on of the few that think Gilbee will have a better year than last year and become a 100 Point keeper

Alot of Risky players. Can't work out where your cash has gone.

Kreuzer will start slowly.

Better choices around than Gilbee, Shaw, zahrakis and higgins who will all be inconsistent and doubt they will have many scores over 100.

You could throw a few more rookies in and upgrade some of you medium level players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back