Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, A Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puipolo, Duigan)

MIDS: Swan, Judd, Murphy, Bartel, Cotchin, Harris (Atley, Smith, Wallis)

RUCKS: Fraser, Derickx (Z Smith, A Cordy)

FORW: N Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Brown, Goodes, Krakouer, Mzungu (Day, C Richardson, T Schneider)

I have not really studied the intricacies of the byes etc more just looked at best available. Had to skimp somewhere and did so in the ruck which goes against most peoples theories. May need to find a 2nd ruck that will actually play though! Very skinny on the bench of course.

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, A Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puipolo, Duigan)

MIDS: Swan, Judd, Murphy, Bartel, Cotchin, Harris (Atley, Smith, Wallis)

RUCKS: Fraser, Derickx (Z Smith, A Cordy)

FORW: N Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Brown, Goodes, Krakouer, Mzungu (Day, C Richardson, T Schneider)

I have not really studied the intricacies of the byes etc more just looked at best available. Had to skimp somewhere and did so in the ruck which goes against most peoples theories. May need to find a 2nd ruck that will actually play though! Very skinny on the bench of course.

I would definitely make room for Sandilands in the ruck.

i agree sandi a must in all teams. fraser is mr injury and derricx prob wont play

opinions on my team

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Delideo, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Stanley (Lower, Duigan, Heppell)
MID: Pendlebury, Boyd, Bartel, Krakouer, Harris, Swallow (Iles, Hibberd, Bewick)
RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Bailey)
FWD: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Higgins, Knights, Matera (Skinner, Richardson, Darling)

136k in the kitty, thanks

@ Cluth: Really good team there mate... lots of MPP links throughout.
Only concern for me is the 3 GC players in mids... Iles has been non-existant this pre-season and i would get someone else from another team ahead of him ... mayb Atley or something? Just an idea... also with that type of money in the bank i would just upgrade Bartel to Selwood.
Selwood will go huge this year i think.

My Team now..
DEF: Goddard, Broughton, Enright, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Lower (Heppell/Toy/Duigan)
Mids: Selwood, Pendles, Hayes, Gibbs, Krakouer, Hibberd (Swallow/Harris/Atley)
RUCKS: Sandi, Cox (Moran/Derickx)
FWDS: Riewoltd, Buddy, Pav, Sylvia, Higgins, Richardson, Darling (Skinner/Matera/Smith)

$70,000 in bank.

Krakouer will be moved back to Fwds when GC are playing and i can put Harris/Swallow on... am contemplating mayb upgrading Sylvia to Rioli or Pendles to Swan?
any ideas?

Could I have someones thoughts on my team?

Entering the 4th year for me on supercoach, really looking at doing better than in previous years, highest year I was in the top 15k about two years ago.
Backs: B Goddard, S Gilbert, J Harbrow
N Suban, B Sheppard, K Hunt
Inter: B smith, J Daye, D Talia
Midfield: D Swan, S Pendlebury, N Foley
J Corey, J Kennedy, S Higgins
Inter: A Swallow, A Gaff, A harris
Ruck: D Cox, J Fraser,
Inter: M Seaby, S Lycett
Forward: M Pavlich, B Green, C Sylvia
T Varcoe, D Zaharakis, A Strijk
Inter: L Tapscott, B Matera, J Darling

Have really put an effort into trying to choose no more than 3 from each side, although ive got a few on the bench from the gold coast, as there value will increase. Bench filled with a lot of hope more than anything. I have 83.5 k left, any ideas?

Nothing wrong with Foley in my opinion. Has averaged high scores in a Richmond midfield in much worse shape than it is in now. Has Martin and Cotchin in good shape to take attention away from him now.

Was our best player by a mile on the weekend, gets alot of contested footy which is gold in SuperCoach and if you cast aside his 25 against the Cats last year with Lingy all over him like a rash, then he averaged 115.67 last year, which is great for a player only priced at $350k. :thumbsu:

Very good summary.

I don't mean to take the piss, but if you were to take out every game Dal Santo or Heath Shaw were tagged they would both average over 130-140 ppg

The average you mention also is over 3 games.

By all means go for it. If he get injured......again, or continues to average the 85-95 from the last few seasons then its one of your trades burnt. Your midfield keepers need to average 110 or more.

Could I have someones thoughts on my team?

Entering the 4th year for me on supercoach, really looking at doing better than in previous years, highest year I was in the top 15k about two years ago.
Backs: B Goddard, S Gilbert, J Harbrow
N Suban, B Sheppard, K Hunt

Inter: B smith, J Daye, D Talia
Midfield: D Swan, S Pendlebury, N Foley
J Corey
, J Kennedy, S Higgins
Inter: A Swallow, A Gaff, A harris
Ruck: D Cox, J Fraser,
Inter: M Seaby, S Lycett
Forward: M Pavlich, B Green, C Sylvia
T Varcoe, D Zaharakis, A Strijk
Inter: L Tapscott, B Matera, J Darling

Have really put an effort into trying to choose no more than 3 from each side, although ive got a few on the bench from the gold coast, as there value will increase. Bench filled with a lot of hope more than anything. I have 83.5 k left, any ideas?

If your last 3 teams were anything like that, you were very lucky to get into the top 15k

All players highlighted are either terrible choices, or you have picked them with players they shouldn't be with e.g Swan and Pendles.

Got a bit to do, mate

Still shuffling the team around of course, but this is where im at right now:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Hibberd (Duigan, Puopolo, Coad)

MID: Pendlebury, Judd, Boyd, Montagna, Kieren Jack, Swallow (Harris, Mzungu, Irons)

RUCK: Sandi, Cox (Derickx, Smith)

FWD: Riedwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Yarran, Knights, Krakouer, Prestia (Cam Richardson, Matera, Isaac Smith)

I know there are some holes and that I've loaded up in the midfield.

About $5k in bank

Do I need more rookies? Better rookies? Is Pavlich past it etc etc

Is it a problem to have so many Defender-midfielders e.g. gibbs deledio heppel in backline and none in the midfield?

I think I need some help with shuffling players around so that I can have MPPs as both midfielder-def, def-mid, mid-fwd and fwd-mid.

If I were to move heppel or hibberd into midfield who should i take out of midfield, and who is anther good cheap back option?

Any help as to where to go from here would be much appreciated, thanks guys. PLEASE. :)

If your last 3 teams were anything like that, you were very lucky to get into the top 15k

All players highlighted are either terrible choices, or you have picked them with players they shouldn't be with e.g Swan and Pendles.

Got a bit to do, mate

Fair enough. Thanks for the criticism. In the past i have opted for a lot of players i rated, rather than their s/c/dt scoring abilities.

Can I ask why you have bolded such players as Varcoe, M Seaby, Gaff, Higgins, Green, Sylvia, Harbrow & Foley?

IMO I thought varcoe would have been a good choice, hes only going to get better, Seaby I thought was a good option as he'll be first choice ruck at the swans, the eagles will pump games into Gaff, so his value will go up. Harbrow I thought will have a good year, should be the first choice for the suns running off the backline, so should score well.

@ Dooky: Get rid of Mzungu as he's injured anyway and put Heppel/Hibberd in there to activate MPP and then get another defender, Lower perhaps?
no use having all those MPP only in the Defence.

heres my team of hacks

goddard...delio.broughton..otton..hurn..heppel.hurley..toy..gurthie..duigan

bartel..boyd..duncan..montang..foley..sherman..dswallow..harris..gaff

sandi..hale smith,,....cordy

r/volt..mcglynn..syiva..lecra..a cracker..zaharakis..petrie..matra..mbrown..mzungi

any thoughts

Fair enough. Thanks for the criticism. In the past i have opted for a lot of players i rated, rather than their s/c/dt scoring abilities.

Can I ask why you have bolded such players as Varcoe, M Seaby, Gaff, Higgins, Green, Sylvia, Harbrow & Foley?

Varcoe - Has to improve a lot, I don;t think you can afford him in your forward line with all those other risks. He need to average 100 ppg to be worth his selection

Seaby - You need a sceond premium ruck - Trade in him and Fraser, find a bit more cash and pick up Sandi or at least Jolly, Mummy or Ryder.

Gaff - Not even assured a game

Higgins - Again with such a risky forward line you can't have them all. He has missed a lot of footy in the past and his best average is only high 80's.

Green - Far better premium options IMO, however if you are keen on him you can't really have he and Sylvia in the same forward line.

Sylvia - As above - Misses a lot of footy and still hasn't averaged over 91

Harbrow - Far better GC rookies who you can then turn into premiums.

Foley - He needs to average 110 or more to be a worthy selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hearby annoint thee "ThePezDispenser" a Knight of the Supercoach Realm; and award thee the honarary title of "SirNozealot".

While I'm here dishing out an award Pez, could you give me your latest thoughts on:

Yarran vs Dangerfield????

I'll probably need one of them up fwd. Had Danger locked in, but Yazzle Dazzle is starting to grow on me and he is a home boy after all!

Also, I can't quite spend all my cash due to avoiding multiple players from one team. Should I just grin and bear it and have Petrie in from the start. I have him in to cover fwds and rucks...i have him as a bench player as Kraks is my fwd 7 and I have Sandi/Cox in the ruck. Note: The only player i could reach for if i traded him down to a rookie for is Chappy and I dont really want him. Geelong players alsoc dont fit in well due to my other players on the Hawks/Cats/Freo bye round.

Having said that, another option is to not get Petrie now and use leftover cash to get Ward/Cotchin instead. Means one less rookie..then bring in Petrie post round 3 sometime.

Also, when i go to Disney at Easter, should I go to the Blizzard Water Park with my kids on day 1 or Magic Kingdom?

While ur Hot 'Pez',....

.....or anyone else care to rate my "possible" Round 1 team?

BACKS - B.Goddard, B.Deledio, L.Gilbee, R.Shaw, D.Heppell, S.mcKernan
N.Bock, N.Duigan, B.Smedts

MIDS - S.Pendlebury, K.Jack, T.Boak, C.Sylvia, N.Foley, A.Gaff [ COLOR="red"]D.Harris, I.Smith, M.Hibberd [/COLOR]

RUCKS - A.Sandilands, D.Hale
Z.Smith, L.Keefe

FWDS - N.Reiwoldt, C.Rioli, M.LeCras, S.Higgins, M.Hurley, C.Yarran, A.Krakouer,
D.Petrie, B.Miller, B.Matera

CAP - Pendles, VCAP - Goddard. $28,500 left in the cap.

Thoughts???

Q ~ 1. From the Suns.. thoughts on either - b.matera v c.dixon v j.tippet for F10
2. N.Duigan, B.Smedts, L.Keefe, I.Smith...... ? game-time?
3. Not entirely sold on Gaff in the mids!?! .... any ideas? Insert Swallow here??
4. I feel I have an even spread of diffent club players in each position. Thoughts?
5. I have Harris instead of Swallow due to the theory that Gary Jr and Swallow
will cop a heap of attention, Harris was capable of High scores at Nth ,
regardless of his age I'm hoping! he will relish the role at a new club. ????
6. How will D.Hale go this year R2 worthy?
7. Not sure why but pretty "locked in" with my riskys in ....S.Higgins, D.Petrie,
C.Sylvia, N.Foley, C.Yarran, B.Miller.. ..... Feel there's upside , or am I just mad??

8. Has anyone else been pulling their hair out regarding KRAK v mid/fwd v out all
together???

Any critique is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!

goddard, gibbs, diledio, shaw, otten, hibberd, heppell, coad, toy, duigan.

judd, selwood, cross, pendelbury, swallow, conca, polec, harris, atley

sandilands, cox, keeffe, smith

riewoldt, franklin, riewoldt, davis, krakouer, gamble, mzungu, richardson, matera, smith

$282k left in the cap, need another premium...
wouldnt mind squeezing broughton into the back line, or pav into the forwards...
but really dont want to upgrade any of: davis, krakouer, gamble, otten, shaw, because i see value there
i had swan over pendels to start with, i may end up going back there...

keeffe is a total lock. everyone should have him on their ruck bench...

i may just keep the $282k in the bank and try upgrade early on... but thats probably not going to optimize points...

anyone got any suggestions?

riewoldt, franklin, riewoldt, davis, krakouer, gamble, mzungu, richardson, matera, smith

wouldnt mind squeezing broughton into the back line, or pav into the forwards...
but really dont want to upgrade any of: davis, krakouer, gamble, otten, shaw, because i see value there

i may just keep the $282k in the bank and try upgrade early on... but thats probably not going to optimize points...

Wouldn't bother keeping the money, you going to use it for an upgrade at some point may as well be now to save yourself a trade.
I know you said you didnt want to upgrade Davis, but you could get a premium for him, and although he seems to have settled playing across half back, I dont think he is going to see the scores of the players he is being compared too (Mcleod, etc)

Also you should try and move some players around to make use of the MPP options. Put Heppel or Hibberd in your midfield as MPP options for Goddard, Gibbs, and Deledio and also put Smith or Krackuer in the mids for forward MPP options.

Good Luck.

Varcoe - Has to improve a lot, I don;t think you can afford him in your forward line with all those other risks. He need to average 100 ppg to be worth his selection

Seaby - You need a sceond premium ruck - Trade in him and Fraser, find a bit more cash and pick up Sandi or at least Jolly, Mummy or Ryder.

Gaff - Not even assured a game

Higgins - Again with such a risky forward line you can't have them all. He has missed a lot of footy in the past and his best average is only high 80's.

Green - Far better premium options IMO, however if you are keen on him you can't really have he and Sylvia in the same forward line.

Sylvia - As above - Misses a lot of footy and still hasn't averaged over 91

Harbrow - Far better GC rookies who you can then turn into premiums.

Foley - He needs to average 110 or more to be a worthy selection

So for a guy who is priced at an average of around 75 this year he has to make 110 ppg average to be worth it hey.........right.

Something Bartel, Boyd, Watson and Hayes couldnt do last year.

IMO if you have Foley who can average 95 - 100 ppg then he's well worth it at that price and he may even give you that luxury single trade upgrade in the 2nd half of the season rather then the 2 - 3 trade required to bring a premium as usual with premium rookies.

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Grimes, Krakour N, Otten, Heppel (Duigan, Toy, Iles)

Mids
Swan, Judd, Murphy, Hayes, Swallow, Harris (Conca, Atley, Wallis)

Rucks
Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Bailey)

Forwards
N Roo, Pavlich, Goodes, Higgins, Gray, Krakour A, Richardson (Mzungu, I smith, Matera)

Any feedback would be great

So for a guy who is priced at an average of around 75 this year he has to make 110 ppg average to be worth it hey.........right.

IMO if you have Foley who can average 95 - 100 ppg then he's well worth it at that price and he may even give you that luxury single trade upgrade in the 2nd half of the season rather then the 2 - 3 trade required to bring a premium as usual with premium rookies.

This is true, the only players you should expect 110 ppg average from are players over 500K, as they should be the players looking to become elite. Players over 400k should be looking to average around 100, and players in Foleys price range should be high 90's. You should hope for more, but you cant expect it.

Soho is keeping his money to put more bets on.

SC money is very similar to the money he uses to place his own

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Backs -Very similar to mine,though I swapped otten 4 mckernan Re(injury)

Mids - Like ... any better than Polec? I avoided taking both Harris/Swallow

Rucks -L0VED the fact u confirmed my theory on Keefe!

Fwds -0k though Mzungu.. Injured? Gamble... personally he is a good price bet he is just that! a Gamble!

But aren't they all Round1 ?!?! Gotta love SC.
Solid team otherwise. Good luck!
:thumbsu:

That's the reason none were in my midfield.

You can't expect to get anywhere if you don;t have 6 midfielders averaging at least 110 by the end of the year.

Why would you pick up Foley at 364, a player who has struggled with injury, knowing if he averages 100, he only increases in price by 100k and then you have to trade him out anyway. You could pick up a 100k player and make double to triple the money for upgrades.

This is true, the only players you should expect 110 ppg average from are players over 500K, as they should be the players looking to become elite. Players over 400k should be looking to average around 100, and players in Foleys price range should be high 90's. You should hope for more, but you cant expect it.

Same formula should be used no matter what their price. If they aren't a cash cow then they need to become keepers.

Forwards and Defenders can get away with an average of 95 for a keeper, but not in the mids when you will have at least 15 players averaging over the 110 mark to choose from.

Backs -Very similar to mine,though I swapped otten 4 mckernan Re(injury)

Mids - Like ... any better than Polec? I avoided taking both Harris/Swallow

Rucks -L0VED the fact u confirmed my theory on Keefe!

Fwds -0k though Mzungu.. Injured? Gamble... personally he is a good price bet he is just that! a Gamble!

But aren't they all Round1 ?!?! Gotta love SC.
Solid team otherwise. Good luck!
:thumbsu:

is otten injured? to tell you the truth i havent watched more than 10mins of football this year...

will change polec, maybe mzungu too... will stick with gamble and also davis (hopefully can return to his 2k9 SC form)

might even put s buckley in for polec, save some cash... see if buckley gets a game round 1...

Hi,
Im interested in winning a private league, any advice people?

Backs: Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Grimes - Otten - Toy - Duigan
Bench: Hibberd - Puopolo - Lower

Midfield: Swan - Judd - Hodge - Watson - K.Jack - D.Swallow
Bench: Heppel - I. Smith - Harris

Rucks: Sandilands- Ryder
Bench: Bailey - Z.Smith

Forwards: Franklin - J.Riewoldt - Le Cras - Goodes- Maric- Krakouer - Matera
Bench: Richardson - Darling – Callinan

I also think selecting Hurley in my team might be a good option (potentially a breakout year) however not sure how as i dont want to change my Prem 5 midfield players as i believe this format might win me more games. Also Does anyone rate Maric? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back