Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the reason none were in my midfield.Why would you pick up Foley at 364, a player who has struggled with injury, knowing if he averages 100, he only increases in price by 100k and then you have to trade him out anyway. You could pick up a 100k player and make double to triple the money for upgrades..
If everyone listens to this bloke, you'll all end up having the same side as him. Big talker and huge bias opinions.

Probably wouldn't recommend it...

Also on Foley he is by far the most impressive player in training and at games for Tigers at the moment, he is destroying it at training and he is pretty much like buying a premium at 364k. In the 70 odd point loss v the Crows on Saturday he managed 107 points, couple that with his 127, 25*, 127, 95 last season playing on half a leg and the tigers lost all those games (*Tigers lost this game by over 100 points v the Cats with the Cats scoring one of the highest supercoach points team totals ever). He is showing no signs of injury at all. He's a class act and if anyone is willing to take the punt go for it.

Surely no-one player can be that unlucky to have such a bad run with injury.

is otten injured? to tell you the truth i havent watched more than 10mins of football this year...

will change polec, maybe mzungu too... will stick with gamble and also davis (hopefully can return to his 2k9 SC form)

Polec may surprise though.... who knows?
Yeah change mzungu - http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/sport/8999728/mzungu-injury-a-blow-for-dockers/

Fair enuf re: Gamble, Davis ... gotta have a few uniques / riskies that may pay off. To be fair I have many.... Weighing up the percentages between going with your 'Brain', 'Heart' or 'Gut' is harder than spending the cap!

Which I see u haven't done....? Spend that 282K ...I would. :thumbsu:

Bring on R1
G0 THE PIES~!

Hi,
Im interested in winning a private league, any advice people?

Backs: Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Grimes - Otten - Toy - Duigan
Bench: Hibberd - Puopolo - Lower

Midfield: Swan - Judd - Hodge - Watson - K.Jack - D.Swallow
Bench: Heppel - I. Smith - Harris

Rucks: Sandilands- Ryder
Bench: Bailey - Z.Smith

Forwards: Franklin - J.Riewoldt - Le Cras - Goodes- Maric- Krakouer - Matera
Bench: Richardson - Darling – Callinan

I also think selecting Hurley in my team might be a good option (potentially a breakout year) however not sure how as i dont want to change my Prem 5 midfield players as i believe this format might win me more games. Also Does anyone rate Maric? Thanks

Callinan is injured - out for maybe 10 weeks

do you mean Ivan? :)

Addam is an interesting one if you want to take a punt on a small forward

BACKS - B.Goddard, B.Deledio, L.Gilbee, R.Shaw, D.Heppell, S.mcKernan
N.Bock, N.Duigan, B.Smedts

MIDS - S.Pendlebury, K.Jack, T.Boak, C.Sylvia, N.Foley, A.Gaff
D.Harris, I.Smith, M.Hibberd

RUCKS - A.Sandilands, D.Hale
Z.Smith, L.Keefe

FWDS - N.Reiwoldt, C.Rioli, M.LeCras, S.Higgins, M.Hurley, C.Yarran, A.Krakouer,
D.Petrie, B.Miller, B.Matera

CAP - Pendles, VCAP - Goddard. $28,500 left in the cap.

Thoughts lads???
Cheers!

BACKS
goddard, broughton, gibbs, otten a, deledio, heppel (hine, duigan, puopolo)

MIDS
swan, abblett, bartel, sylvia, dangerfield, conca (harriss, atley, wallis)

RUCKS
sandilands warnock (smith, derickx)

FORWARDS
riewoldt, franklin, didak, yarran, stevie j, krakouer, gamble (mzungu, richardson, darling)

opinions please

It's not worth having to use the trades and find the cash to bring him in. He was very consistent last year and his price never dropped by much at any stage. I think you'll be playing catchup if you don't start with him.

Agree - L0CK surely?

hi guys. Relatively new to SC. Aiming for a league win here:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Bruce, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Duigan.
(Stanley, Lower, Puopolo)

Mid: Judd, Pendlebury, Jack, Anthony, Heppell, Irons.
(Swallow, Harris, Smith)

Ruck: Sandilands, Cox
(J.Tippett, Z.Smith)

FWD: Riewoldt, Rioli, Goodes, Sylvia, Yarran, Krakeour, Richardson
(Petrie, Darling, Skinner).

Please rate my team. I have 3k in the bank. Any criticisms? Help? All comments welcome please!!

Callinan is injured - out for maybe 10 weeks

do you mean Ivan? :)

Addam is an interesting one if you want to take a punt on a small forward

Yes i realized that now, he looks like a great future star though.
I replaced him with Skinner

Im still puzzled on how to include hurley in my team, anyone?

BACKS
goddard, broughton, gibbs, otten a, deledio, heppel (hine, duigan, puopolo)

MIDS
swan, abblett, bartel, sylvia, dangerfield, conca (harriss, atley, wallis)

RUCKS
sandilands warnock (smith, derickx)

FORWARDS
riewoldt, franklin, didak, yarran, stevie j, krakouer, gamble (mzungu, richardson, darling)

opinions please

-------------------------------------------------------------------
BACKS - Solid
MIDS - Not a huge fan of Dangerfeild personally. But happy to see someone else with Sylvia in the guts and a selection of Harris without Swallow, as do I.
RUCKS - Sound
FWDS - Didak iffy ? Short pre-season, carrying injury?
Dont like Stevie J in SC , nor would I select Gamble any others at
his price?
mzungu I think is injured, may miss 4 weeks - *confirm
Darling was repremanded for being late to recovery... sign of
things to come? I think he has been talked up personally.

Thats just my 2 cents

How bout mine .......anyone?

Round 1 ...or... Re-Jig ??

Z.Smith, L.Keefe

FWDS - N.Reiwoldt, C.Rioli, M.LeCras, S.Higgins, M.Hurley, C.Yarran, A.Krakouer,

Thoughts lads???
Cheers!
progress.gif

:thumbsu:

hi guys. Relatively new to SC. Aiming for a league win here:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Bruce, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Duigan.
(Stanley, Lower, Puopolo)

Mid: Judd, Pendlebury, Jack, Anthony, Heppell, Irons.
(Swallow, Harris, Smith)

Ruck: Sandilands, Cox
(J.Tippett, Z.Smith)

FWD: Riewoldt, Rioli, Goodes, Sylvia, Yarran, Krakeour, Richardson
(Petrie, Darling, Skinner).

Please rate my team. I have 3k in the bank. Any criticisms? Help? All comments welcome please!!

you've loaded up on defence at the expence of the mids and forwards...

id go a bit more even across the field...

from memory petrie is also going to miss a few games at the start, so could be an upgrade target in round 5 or so rather than a starting player...

but if thats you're stratergy, then go for it!

Backs: Goddard(c), Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Gwilt, Otten, Heppell emg:Stanley, Toy, Duigan

Mids: Swan, Judd(vc), Selwood, Murphy, Cooney, Swallow emg: Gaff, Prestia, Harris

Rucks:Warnock, Bellchambers, Z. Smith, Derickx

Forwards: Rioli, Goodes, Higgins, Dangerfield, Yarran, Petrie, Krackour emg: Day, Richardson, Matera

wat u guys recon???a little weak in ruck and up forward and mayb 1 or 2 too many gold coast. esp for round 1. mids should get atleast 600 week in week out. might have judd captain round 1 against the tigers. unsure yet. annoyed with the injury to minzingu or however u spell it

If everyone listens to this bloke, you'll all end up having the same side as him. Big talker and huge bias opinions.

Probably wouldn't recommend it...

Also on Foley he is by far the most impressive player in training and at games for Tigers at the moment, he is destroying it at training and he is pretty much like buying a premium at 364k. In the 70 odd point loss v the Crows on Saturday he managed 107 points, couple that with his 127, 25*, 127, 95 last season playing on half a leg and the tigers lost all those games (*Tigers lost this game by over 100 points v the Cats with the Cats scoring one of the highest supercoach points team totals ever). He is showing no signs of injury at all. He's a class act and if anyone is willing to take the punt go for it.

Surely no-one player can be that unlucky to have such a bad run with injury.

Risk v Reward.

How's it biased exactly?

I asked why anyone would want him, I didn't say not to get him.

The one bloke who I advised not to get him also had Joel Corey and Higgins in his midfield with two Collingwood players. You would think that's a fairly risky midfield?

He scored 25, but its ok because he was in a losing team?

Do you expect Richmond to win against Collingwood, Saints, Geelong, Bulldogs this year, or should we get Foley and then stick him on the bench when he's playing a good team?

How bout mine .......anyone?

Round 1 ...or... Re-Jig ??

Z.Smith, L.Keefe

Thoughts lads???
Cheers!
progress.gif

Bock, Gilbee and Shaw in the same backline could seem a bit risky.
Can't see Gilbee improving, reports on Bock aren't good and may have to be more accountable than in previous years, Shaw could come off with Sydney short on HBF'ers this year.

Midfield lacking some true premiums.

Hale in the ruck is a bit of shocker.

But risks in the forward line from LeCras to Yarran and even petrie on the pine.

You could be better served Dowgrading and upgrading a couple on all lines to sure up a few premiums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACKS: goddard, gibbs, deledio, broughton, grimes, otten, heppell - toy duigan batchelor
MIDS: montagna, murphy, pendlebury, bartel, swallow, harris - iles smith hibbered
RUCKS:sandilands, cox - smith mccauley
FWDS: riewoldt, franklin, sylvia, higgins, knights, krakouer, prestia - richardson matera darling

He scored 25, but its ok because he was in a losing team?

He only played like 1.5-2 qtrs in a game that had massivly inflated scores, then missed the following week. He scored 127, 127 and 95 in losing sides too all at about 75-80% fitness. He could have played towards the end of last season because that didn't want to risk and help give him the best possible chance this season. He has been on fire this preseason, no injury issues and is playing like a Premium.

WARNING: Nobody pick up Riewoldt because he scored 25 in a game last year...

The Degenerates v. 2.0
Goddard,Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Gilbert, A Otten, B Smith
emg; Toy, Duigan, Hibberd

Swan, Judd, Didak, Bartel, J Polec, R Conca
emg; Swallow, Heppell, Harris

Sandilands, Jolly
emg; Z Smith,M bailey

N Reiwoldt, Franklin, Goodes, A Krakouer, R Gamble, C Richardson, Z Skinner
emg; D Prestia, B Matera, S McKernan

any feedback would be great. I haven't been able to watch many NAB games this year and am not sure how i'm going.

I'd love to give feedback on other teams but really don't think i'm in a position to do so. again any feedback would be great.

my main concerns are the byes as i haven't done any research into that at all really.

also, my fwd line is very weak. I've got $161,600 in the bank but i'm really hoping that either Gamble or Krakouer turn out to great deals this year.

Also, is it pointless to have 2mpps from the same team (krakouer / Didak)?
thanks in advance

He only played like 1.5-2 qtrs in a game that had massivly inflated scores, then missed the following week. He scored 127, 127 and 95 in losing sides too all at about 75-80% fitness. He could have played towards the end of last season because that didn't want to risk and help give him the best possible chance this season. He has been on fire this preseason, no injury issues and is playing like a Premium.

WARNING: Nobody pick up Riewoldt because he scored 25 in a game last year...

I'm not really doubting his ability to score well.

The questions are whether he can score the amount needed to be a premium keeper in the mids and whether he's able to stay on the park.

I was only playing with you about the 25 points, I'm well aware it's the game he was injured in. I'm actually surprised it wasn't brought up earlier.

BACKS: goddard, gibbs, deledio, broughton, grimes, otten, heppell - toy duigan batchelor
MIDS: montagna, murphy, pendlebury, bartel, swallow, harris - iles smith hibbered
FWDS: riewoldt, franklin, sylvia, higgins, knights, krakouer, prestia - richardson matera darling

Backs: Fletcher Goddard Gilbee Rawlings Lake Gwilt Suban (Hibberd Browne Simpkin)

Mids: Swan Stanton Chapman Zaharakis Melksham Swallow (Conca Heppell Caddy)

Rucks: Sandilands Petrie (Sellar Bellchambers)

Forwards: Franklin LeCras Jurrah Dennis-Lane Stanley Gamble Prestia (Johnston Retzlaff Darling)

Looks pretty solid. Good midfield cover without Swanny. fwds look a touch injury prone risky with sylvs/higgins/knights.. could get away with it though.. looks pretty good though.. 3 saint premos with the byes will be annoying..

This team is like we copied each other then made a few changes

Backs: Fletcher Goddard Gilbee Rawlings Lake Gwilt Suban (Hibberd Browne Simpkin)

Mids: Swan Stanton Chapman Zaharakis Melksham Swallow (Conca Heppell Caddy)

Rucks: Sandilands Petrie (Sellar Bellchambers)

Forwards: Franklin LeCras Jurrah Dennis-Lane Stanley Gamble Prestia (Johnston Retzlaff Darling)

Hmm, not sure what is going on here. I know your an Essendon man, but if your going for the league win round 24 won't be kind to you. Backline is very unique. Fletcher will he get through the season without injury and suspension which plagues him. Rawlings, i think last season was 1 out of the box. Gilbee is an ok pick. Don't think he will avg more then last year. Lake has had an interrupted pre-season and is in doubt for round 1. Gwilt could be a good pick, especially if Gilbert goes forward. Not sure how many games Simpkin and Browne will play if any. Mids are a bit of a shock. Stanton is a solid SC pick but not a great one. Zaha could be a good pick but put him in the fwds. Melksham probably won't improve alot this year in SC terms. Conca and Heppell are quite expensive for the bench. Rucks are ok hope you don't cop a 0 for the 1st round with Petrie suspended. Fwds are way too risky for my liking. Franklin good but the rest are way too shaky for my liking. No Andrew Krakouer either?

Backs: Fletcher Slattery Dempsey Daniher Pears T.Slattery (Hibberd Quinn Lovett Murray)

Mids: McVeigh Stanton Howlett Zaharakis Melksham Hocking (Dyson Heppell Lonergan)

Rucks: Ryder Hille (Jenkins Bellchambers)

Forwards: Mark Williams Hurley Gumbleton Alwyn Davey Carlisle (Crameri Monfries hardingham)

EFA

6 edits

I've noticed a lot of people have 2+ rookies in their starting line up plus the benches stacked with them.

I understand the whole cash cow thing and it allows you to load up on an extra star or two but surely the trade off is team stability due to higher risk of injury and less games played due to their age? Let alone inconsistent scoring.

I don't know...... It seems a very high trade off???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back