Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok heres my team, after alot of tweaking after the nab cup i reckon it'll be hard to beat.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Drummond, Otten, Coad
(Toy, Puopulo, Duigan)

MID: Swan, Judd, Bartel, Anthony, Swallow, Gaff
(Harris, Hepple, Mzungu)

RUCK: Sandilands, Petrie
(Smith, Charman)

FOR: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Higgins, Krakouer, Gamble
(Prestia, Matera, McKernan)

considering downgrading liam anthony, and bench players will be further tweaked until round 1. thoughts???
:)

Watch out we have supercoach gun in our midst :D

Drummond, Petrie, Higgins, Gamble, Krakouer are all very suspect for mine, which is why I decided not to go with any of them.

I may pick up Petrie after Round 4 though.

Re. Chillilovers - Is that Xav Clarke you have starting in your backline?

Alright I've given everyone's team a bit of stick, now its your turn.

Please don't comment on Rookies they are there just to fill up spots at the moment and there will no doubt be plenty of changes by Round 1.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, R. Tarrant, Heppell

(Coad, Toy, Duigan)

Midfielders: Swan, Judd, Selwood, Anthony, Swallow, Harris

(Wallis, Hibberd, Callinan)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox

(Smith, Derickx)

Forwards Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Sylvia, Prestia, Richardson

(Matera, Mzunga, R. Kerr)

Round 6 there will be 5 premiums missing. Hopefully bring in an in form Petrie to cover Sandi. And the there should be good bench cover for the others.

Fire away posters - I know you want to :D

Please don't comment on Rookies they are there just to fill up spots at the moment and there will no doubt be plenty of changes by Round 1.

(Coad, Toy, Duigan)

(Smith, Derickx)

Round 6 there will be 4 premiums missing. Hopefully bring in an in form Petrie to cover Sandi. And the there should be good bench cover for the others.

All looks very solid / standard across the board. Only thing I would "hate" on is having both Franklin and Rioli, maybe just one or the other?

All looks very solid / standard across the board. Only thing I would "hate" on is having both Franklin and Rioli, maybe just one or the other?

Cheers. That is one of my biggest worries. I'm trying to get rid of one but I'm not convinced on any other premium so far.

Considering Round 6, it was Geelong and Hawks players I was trying to only pick on a need basis, however I couldn't pick a strong enough forward line that i can have any confidence in without Chappy, Franklin and Rioli.

I'll definitely be having another close look come Round 1 though.

would appreciate some feedback on my team fellas :)

Wow. What a terrible way to paste it in!!!

Defenders: Very Strong, the same team as everyone else on here.

Mids: Very good, not sold on Selwood this year though, Montagna!!!

Rucks: Very weak, you need to downgrade someone and get Cox or Jolly over Warnock.

Forwards: Good, I would downgrade Sylvia to Higgins for the ruck swap proposed.

Very early days as I am looking to take some risks with the side this year which means I need to wait for the NAB cup and challenge matches to get as much feedback as possible - let me know what you think! Thanks in advance!

Commanders:

BACKS: B Goddard (vc), B Gibbs, B Deledio, G Broughton, C Enright, A Otten, D Heppell (J Toy, N Duigan, P Puopolo)

MIDS: D Swan (c), L Montagna, J Kennedy, S Higgins, S Atley, M Hibberd (D Swallow, D Harris, I Smith)

RUCKS: A Sandilands, D Cox (Z Smith, T Derickx)

FWDS: P Chapman, N Riewoldt, L Franklin, B Green, A Krakouer, A Maric, T Mzungu (C Richardson, B Matera, I Callinan)

Let me know
smile.png

Maric is my unique, I am a Melbourne fan and I am not missing a thing this pre-season, he has been very impressive and it is his make or break year, will be playing from the get go.

Cheers. That is one of my biggest worries. I'm trying to get rid of one but I'm not convinced on any other premium so far.

Considering Round 6, it was Geelong and Hawks players I was trying to only pick on a need basis, however I couldn't pick a strong enough forward line that i can have any confidence in without Chappy, Franklin and Rioli.

I'll definitely be having another close look come Round 1 though.

I was in the same boat with Franklin and Rioli a few weeks ago and thought it just didnt look right. It is hard to convince yourself on the "right" premiums, to gamble or not to gamble, to jump on a bandwagon or to "play it safe" etc etc....!?

Round 6 is a headache full stop.

This is my team, It's not all done, Might need to change some players around, but here it is.

Backline : B.Delido, S.Gilbert, N.Bock, A.Carrazzo, J.Adcock, T.Hunt(GEE), A.Otten
D.Heppell, J.Batcherlor, N.Duigan

Midfield : D.Swan, J.Selwood, L.Hodge, M.Murphy, B.Harvey, D.Swallow.
D.Harris, B.Jacobs, T.Mzungu

Ruck : M.Jamar, D.Petrie
J.Charman, S.McNamara

Forward : P.Chapman, M.Pavlich, A.Goodes, P.Dangerfield, D.Hale, A.Krakouer, R.Gamble.
B.Matera, L.Tapscott, J.Pitt
With $154,900 Left

Please give me your thoughts on my team.

This is my team, It's not all done, Might need to change some players around, but here it is.

Backline : B.Delido, S.Gilbert, N.Bock, A.Carrazzo, J.Adcock, T.Hunt(GEE), A.Otten
D.Heppell, J.Batcherlor, N.Duigan

Midfield : D.Swan, J.Selwood, L.Hodge, M.Murphy, B.Harvey, D.Swallow.
D.Harris, B.Jacobs, T.Mzungu

Ruck : M.Jamar, D.Petrie
J.Charman, S.McNamara

Forward : P.Chapman, M.Pavlich, A.Goodes, P.Dangerfield, D.Hale, A.Krakouer, R.Gamble.
B.Matera, L.Tapscott, J.Pitt
With $154,900 Left

Please give me your thoughts on my team.

Agree with syl1985 but cant resist
Backs:2-3 ok but very average overall
Mids:Harvey???? and jacobs would leave till further about his illness
Ruck:Straight out rubbish
Fwds:Not the worst ive seen
use your extra cash and find some more consistency in your side love that you have adcock i agree there:thumbsu:

well heres mine
Goddard Gibbs Delidio Adcock Everitt Otten Heppell
Tape Duigan Puopolo

Swan(C) Judd(VC) Cross Swallow Sylvia Gaff
Swallow Hibberd Irons

Cox Jolly J.Tippett Derickx

Reiwoldt Pavlich Goodes Yarran Knights Krakouer Lamb
Petrie Mzunga Callihan

I know the fowards are the weak link but hope to upgrade there as the season goes along any other thoghts would be appreciated

(Coad, Toy, Duigan)

(Smith, Derickx)

Round 6 there will be 5 premiums missing. Hopefully bring in an in form Petrie to cover Sandi. And the there should be good bench cover for the others.

Good team Pez. Eerily similar to mine in some aspects although there is still about 8 players difference.

Not overally concerned with the Riolo/Franklin double. From a league perspective the first Hawks bye is a multi so doesn;t count and the second is a long way off at rd 17 in which there is a chance one of these players has been traded out due to injury or form.

well heres mine
Tape Duigan Puopolo

Swallow Hibberd Irons

Petrie Mzunga Callihan

I know the fowards are the weak link but hope to upgrade there as the season goes along any other thoghts would be appreciated

I would risk Goodes this season. Which Reiwoldt do you have? I think Jack might struggle this season as teams begin to work him out however I hope he continues to kill em, he wont be in my starting team though. Backline looks good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well heres mine
Tape Duigan Puopolo

Swallow Hibberd Irons

Petrie Mzunga Callihan

Yarran is a "I'm a Carlton fan" pick, not a supercoach pick. I would drop both him and Krakouer (who hasn't impressed me much at all in the games I have seen).

Interesting choice with Everitt that could pay off. You never know with the Swans. They often make them a better player, but not always a supercoach player.

Here's mine.

Backs: Goddard, Rawlings, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Coad, Toy, Puopolo)

Mids: Judd, Bartel, Jack, Sidebottom, D Swallow, Polec (Harris, Hibberd, Liberatore)

Rucks: Sandilands, Ryder (Smith, Derickx)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Hurley, Prestia, Mzungu (Matera, Richardson, Callinan)

Still a lot to change, even with the key players. But would appreciate some comments at this point.

Yarran is a "I'm a Carlton fan" pick, not a supercoach pick. I would drop both him and Krakouer (who hasn't impressed me much at all in the games I have seen).

Here's mine.

Backs: Goddard, Rawlings, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Coad, Toy, Puopolo)

Mids: Judd, Bartel, Jack, Sidebottom, D Swallow, Polec (Harris, Hibberd, Liberatore)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Hurley, Prestia, Mzungu (Matera, Richardson, Callinan)

Still a lot to change, even with the key players. But would appreciate some comments at this point.

Says the guy with Ryder over Cox :p

Hurley may be a goer - I think it is a very interesting choice - he is very cheap and looked in good nick V Melbourne.

How much money have you get loeft over? You're down a fair few premiums? I would consider Franklin considering he is tearing apart the NAB cup.

Rawlings can go!

Says the guy with Ryder over Cox :p

Hurley may be a goer - I think it is a very interesting choice - he is very cheap and looked in good nick V Melbourne.

How much money have you get loeft over? You're down a fair few premiums? I would consider Franklin considering he is tearing apart the NAB cup.

Rawlings can go!

Ryder had a good year last year (up until the final few rounds I think he was the second best performed ruck in the league) and has looked good this pre-season too. Cox looks like he might make a return to form, but I think age might be catching up with him too. When in doubt I go for the guy who's probably on the way up and not the one who might be coming down.

I don't think I'm down the the premium department.

I have two lower priced players in every range apart from the rucks, and the rest are ones I consider keepers. With 5 guys to raffle the remaining two spots depending on early form and then get upgraded as needed if they don't become keepers. I could probably drop some of the more expensive rookies and try squeeze out another expensive player, but with Gold Coast and three on the bench I'm feeling confident with this strategy.

My Team:

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Gilbee, Grimes, Otten, Toy (Duigan, Puopolo, Hibberd)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Montagna, D Swallow, Heppell, Harris (Atley, I Smith, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly (Z Smith, Derickx)

Forwards: Chapman, N Riewoldt, Harvey, Green, C Rioli, A Krakouer, Richardson (Matera, Mzungu, R Kerr)

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure on Rawlings but he does score pretty well. If I can find someone better for the spot he might be the first to go.

Your backs are pretty much the same as mine, so I can't comment much there. If I had better ideas I'd use them myself! Gilbee has burnt me before and I am never confident picking him. One to consider, though.

You've gone one down in the midfield which is probably a pretty safe option with Swallow Heppell and Harris in there. But... I am not super confident on Gold Coast producing more than one or two keepers so I would maybe spread the rookies out across the pitch, but it could pay off very well.

Jolly I am not sold on either He will never score that highly with Collingwood. I would probably put Mumford in over him if he gets through some pre-season games. Only reason I would miss Mumford in a team is from having too many Swans players. For me Goodes and Jack were better options, but I think you might consider him.

You forwards worry me. I can't see Chapman, Green, Harvey and Krakouer all firing. I think one of them will struggle this year. Harvey keep proving me wrong, but he has patches of bad form at times and could be on the way out. Geelong I think will also drop off and that could mean some struggling performances for players like Chapman. Krakouer I just don't think will get much of it at Collingwood.

My team it is as follows any and all feedback is most welcome.

Backs: Goddard(vc) - StK, Deleido - Rich, Broughton - Frem, Grimes - Melb, Greenwood - Nth Melb, Menzel - Geel, Otten - Adel
Bench: Tape - GC, Batchelor - Rich, Hibberd - Ess

Mids: Swan(c) - Coll, Hodge - Haw, Bartel - Geel, Kennedy - Syd, Swallow - GC, Heppel - Ess
Bench: Harris - GC, Mzugnu - Frem, Callinan - Adel

Ruck: Sandilands - Frem, Jolly - Coll
Bench: Vardy - Geel, Z Smith - GC

Forwards: Chapman - Geel, Pavlich - Frem, Goodes - Syd, Higgins - WB, Dangerfield - Adel, Krakouer - Coll, Matera - GC
Bench - Richardson - Nth Melb, I Smith - Haw, Michie - Frem

$97,100 left in the bank

Please tell me what you think guys, not sure about my backline??

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, H.Shaw, J.Grimes, Otten, Cheney, D.Stanley Reserves - Tape, Markovic, Puopolo

Mids - Swan, Judd, Pavlich, Burgoyne, D.Swallow, Heppell
Reserves - Harris, Wallis, Mzungu

Rucks - Sandilands, Cox
Reserves - Z.Smith, R.Campbell

Forwards -Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Rohan,
A.Krakouer, R. Gamble
Reserves - Prestia, Richardson, I.Smith

Well I've given feedback on a few, PezDispenser and anyone else please let her rip!

Commanders:

BACKS: B Goddard (vc), B Gibbs, B Deledio, G Broughton, C Enright, A Otten, D Heppell (J Toy, N Duigan, P Puopolo)

MIDS: D Swan (c), L Montagna, J Kennedy, S Higgins, S Atley, M Hibberd (D Swallow, D Harris, I Smith)

FWDS:
P Chapman, N Riewoldt, L Franklin, C Sylvia, A Krakouer, C Richardson, T Mzungu (D Petrie, B Matera, I Callinan)

Risky in the midfield I understand, but I expect good returns from Harris and Swallow.

If Yarran is a Carlton supporters pick - What is Hurley at $340k?

There are a few in you side I just don't like are Jack, Steele, Hurley. You have bought these guys as ptotential keepers however it is highly unlikely all 3 will become that. Even more likely is just one of them becoming a keeper.

They all have a pretty good ceiling, however consistency is the key, and they don't consistently score high enough to keep the average at least above 100 or 110 for your midfield premiums. I would defnitely be looking to upgrade one of Jack or Steele whilst Hurley could be downgraded with the money used elsewhere.

Rawlings is unique and he does score fairly well

Well I've given feedback on a few, PezDispenser and anyone else please let her rip!

Commanders:

FWDS: P Chapman, N Riewoldt, L Franklin, C Sylvia, A Krakouer, C Richardson, T Mzungu (D Petrie, B Matera, I Callinan)

Risky in the midfield I understand, but I expect good returns from Harris and Swallow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good team, don't know about Higgins?? Would be one of the only ones i would change.

If Yarran is a Carlton supporters pick - What is Hurley at $340k?

There are a few in you side I just don't like are Jack, Steele, Hurley. You have bought these guys as ptotential keepers however it is highly unlikely all 3 will become that. Even more likely is just one of them becoming a keeper.

Hurley is a risk but I'm picking him based on having watched him a fair bit and thinking this is his year to start delivering. Quite a risk though.

Sidebottom is another risk too, but with a fairly low chance of being a complete failure. At the least he will improve up into a 90 a game player, and could push beyond 100 without too much having to go right.

Jack is absolutely a keeper, I have no doubt on him.

Commanders:

FWDS:
P Chapman, N Riewoldt, L Franklin, C Sylvia, A Krakouer, C Richardson, T Mzungu (D Petrie, B Matera, I Callinan)

I'll have a little go.

Montagna is very iffy due to Riewoldt and Goddard. That's a lot of money sitting on the bench when the have their byes.

With Petrie having weeks 1 and 3 off its a perfect opportunity to see how he goes in week 2 and 4 and if he's going alright then get him in. This will eliminate any risk there was of picking him up.

As you will most likely already know I don't like Kennedy and I'm not a fan of Higgins as M4, acceptable as F4-5 but not as mid 4. Niether of them will average 110 which should be the standard for Mids.

Backs and Rucks are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back