Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have a little go.

Montagna is very iffy due to Riewoldt and Goddard. That's a lot of money sitting on the bench when the have their byes.

With Petrie having weeks 1 and 3 off its a perfect opportunity to see how he goes in week 2 and 4 and if he's going alright then get him in. This will eliminate any risk there was of picking him up.

As you will most likely already know I don't like Kennedy and I'm not a fan of Higgins as M4, acceptable as F4-5 but not as mid 4. Niether of them will average 110 which should be the standard for Mids.

Backs and Rucks are good.

Cheers for that - who would you suggest over Montagna? Boyd?

If I do some moving around that maybe I can upgrade JPK.

Hurley is a risk but I'm picking him based on having watched him a fair bit and thinking this is his year to start delivering. Quite a risk though.

Sidebottom is another risk too, but with a fairly low chance of being a complete failure. At the least he will improve up into a 90 a game player, and could push beyond 100 without too much having to go right.

Jack is absolutely a keeper, I have no doubt on him.

My point is that to be a good midfield pick they need to average over 110. If Steele doesn't achieve this that you will most likely have to upgrade him. If you do end up having to upgrade him then there would have been better cash cow options.

Jack has the potential (based on his last 7 games of 10) to average 110 fairly easily. I can't dismiss all the other poor scores though.

With Hurley, I'm not really rating Essendon this year so will he be getting much supply out of the midfield or will he be moved back to plug a leaking backline?

Alright I've given everyone's team a bit of stick, now its your turn.

Please don't comment on Rookies they are there just to fill up spots at the moment and there will no doubt be plenty of changes by Round 1.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, R. Tarrant, Heppell

(Coad, Toy, Duigan)

Midfielders: Swan, Judd, Selwood, Anthony, Swallow, Harris

(Wallis, Hibberd, Callinan)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox

(Smith, Derickx)

Forwards Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Sylvia, Prestia, Richardson

(Matera, Mzunga, R. Kerr)

Round 6 there will be 5 premiums missing. Hopefully bring in an in form Petrie to cover Sandi. And the there should be good bench cover for the others.

Fire away posters - I know you want to :D

yeah this looks like a very good team, i like tarrant in the backline, was considering switching to him aswell. only concern is having prestia and richardson in the forwardline, depends if they get regular games or not
join the league if u havent yet!! :)

I'll have a little go.

Montagna is very iffy due to Riewoldt and Goddard. That's a lot of money sitting on the bench when the have their byes.

With Petrie having weeks 1 and 3 off its a perfect opportunity to see how he goes in week 2 and 4 and if he's going alright then get him in. This will eliminate any risk there was of picking him up.

As you will most likely already know I don't like Kennedy and I'm not a fan of Higgins as M4, acceptable as F4-5 but not as mid 4. Niether of them will average 110 which should be the standard for Mids.

Backs and Rucks are good.

So why can't he still start Higgins as M4 and finish with him as F5????

If this is the structure that allows him to distrinute the cash cow rookies with a view for him to end up as F5 then do it.

I'm not a fan of Atley at F5 but i'm sure he wont be there come round 22.

With Hurley, I'm not really rating Essendon this year so will he be getting much supply out of the midfield or will he be moved back to plug a leaking backline?

Very unlikely that he will be moved back. I expect we will be getting better supply forward this year as we seem to be playing a gameplan that involves a lot more long kicking and a lot less of the "running it down the whole field" rubbish that we did under Knights. I also expect a better operating forward line in general. Last year involved a heap changing about and inexperienced players.

It is a big risk, but one I am happy to sit on for now and see how the next couple of pre-season games go.

Sidebottom you have convinced me. I have provisionally changed him for Boak.

Of course I have no WCE or Collingwood players in my team now. So I will probably mix that around a bit too... Could change Pav for Didak...

Sylvia would be the one from your side that I would be most hesitant over. He's very much in that "will he ever get to premium status for more than a few weeks?" category.

Sylvia would be the one from your side that I would be most hesitant over. He's very much in that "will he ever get to premium status for more than a few weeks?" category.

Couldn't agree more, that's why he is the only big risk in the forward line. With a little bit of luck with injury I believe he will get there

If this is the structure that allows him to distrinute the cash cow rookies with a view for him to end up as F5 then do it.

Atley is a bit of a place holder at the moment. Still Keeping an eye on the NAB cup and challenge results.

Higgins is starting in Midfield but will eventually be restructured to the forward line in my lineup. I am backing him this year mainly because I love him as a player. I hope he won't burn my in SuperCoach again!

Couldn't agree more, that's why he is the only big risk in the forward line. With a little bit of luck with injury I believe he will get there

It's hard for this not to sound like a smart arse comment Pez...

But do you just criticize teams? Or have you posted your own?

He did post his team - an hour ago - and it has Sylvia in the Forward line :):) Probably should give it a gander and then rip him apart!

I would hardly call it criticising, more helping the less 'experienced' which is the point of the thread. People unsure post their teams in the hope they get better (and they get better from more serious/experienced people criticising their teams)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't a smart arse comment. Reading over it I do see what you mean though.

He did post his team - an hour ago - and it has Sylvia in the Forward line :):) Probably should give it a gander and then rip him apart!

haha here we go...

Not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean Atley M5? Even so his point in the side is to be a cash cow he woul well and truly be upgraded by round 15.

On the other point i think he has a pretty good forward line so instead of mucking around with that he could just upgrade Higgins to make his mids more stable.

Not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean Atley M5? Even so his point in the side is to be a cash cow he woul well and truly be upgraded by round 15.

On the other point i think he has a pretty good forward line so instead of mucking around with that he could just upgrade Higgins to make his mids more stable.

Yeah M5 is what I meant.

What I'm saying is that your comment of 'Not liking higgins as a M4 or M5' is ridiculous as this is not going to be his final position. Yes you want your mids averaging over 110 but just because Higgins starts there in round 1 doesnt mean he'll be there round 22, most likely he'll be F6/F7 which if he stays injury free will be suitable.

He could very well do that. But early on I think he needs one more premium. The easiest way for him to pick up a quality premium is to upgrade Higgins.

Which is all well and good if he has a spare $150K in the kitty, if not how does he upgrade Higgins???

Which is all well and good if he has a spare $150K in the kitty, if not how does he upgrade Higgins???

You're that bored you want to continue.

It would be very easy to downgrade Petrie and then upgrade Higgins.

He could also get a bit extra cash, if needed, from bringing in Grimes for either of Broughton or Enright.

You're that bored you want to continue.

It would be very easy to downgrade Petrie and then upgrade Higgins.

He could also get a bit extra cash, if needed, from bringing in Grimes for either of Broughton or Enright.

At Petries price you would have to downgrade him to Relton Roberts to get enough cash to upgrade Higgins to a premium mid, and even that wouldnt do the job.

By upgrading Higgins to a premium mid would change his whole structure and at the end of the day he would still end up with 15 keepers in his side.

He has a solid BF hyped up SC team that will do well if he trades and manages his rookies well.

You Sir are the reason for private boards:D

And yes I am bored sitting in the QANTAS club yet again.

At Petries price you would have to downgrade him to Relton Roberts to get enough cash to upgrade Higgins to a premium mid, and even that wouldnt do the job.

By upgrading Higgins to a premium mid would change his whole structure and at the end of the day he would still end up with 15 keepers in his side.

He has a solid BF hyped up SC team that will do well if he trades and manages his rookies well.

You Sir are the reason for private boards:D

And yes I am bored sitting in the QANTAS club yet again.

There's a fair difference between Higgins being a keeper and Joel Selwood/Bartel/Hodge being a keeper.

He could always downgrade one of his premium backs, he has 5. Start another rookie in the backline and upgrade higgins to who ever he wants. Basically Broughton or Enright + Higgins, or Rookie + Judd/Selwood/Hodge/Pendles/etc.

I dont think you can loose either way. But if he is going to upgrade Higgins, he has to loose someone he probably wants to keep.

There's a fair difference between Higgins being a keeper and Joel Selwood/Bartel/Hodge being a keeper.

About $194,000 worth of difference

He could always downgrade one of his premium backs, he has 5. Start another rookie in the backline and upgrade higgins to who ever he wants. Basically Broughton or Enright + Higgins, or Rookie + Judd/Selwood/Hodge/Pendles/etc.

I dont think you can loose either way. But if he is going to upgrade Higgins, he has to loose someone he probably wants to keep.

And then you go from having 15 keepers to 14 keepers requiring an extra trade.

So Broughton (95ppg) & Higgins (95ppg) 190 total

to Rookie (50ppg) & Selwood (120ppg) 170 total + less initial keepers + extra trade

About $194,000 worth of difference

And then you go from having 15 keepers to 14 keepers requiring an extra trade.

So Broughton (95ppg) & Higgins (95ppg) 190 total

to Rookie (50ppg) & Selwood (120ppg) 170 total + less initial keepers + extra trade

Ridiculous calculations.

Higgins has never averaged that much, and he has missed out on 5 and 6 games in the last two years, therefore will be a liability when he no doubt gets injured

Broughton also missed 7 game sin each of his first two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back