Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed it up a little this year. The GS throws the whole thing into a spin. Do you chase the cash or spread the load. Taken a gamble as many of them will play footy and hence will provide an option to injured players.

Backs:
Goddard, Grimes, Hurley, Whitecross, a Ottens, Heppell, Pederson (Toy, D Stanley & Puopolo)
Mids: Swan, Cross, Burgoyne, Slone, McLean, Kennedy (Krakeuor, Harris, Swallow)
Rucks: McEvoy, Warnock (Petrie & Zac Smith)
Forwards: Franklin, Riewoldt, goodes, S Johnson, dangerfield, Higgins, zaharakis (Matera, Presti, Mzungu)

Looking for reserves who will play as they price will increase and I can use this through the year to upgrade injured players to premium. Left out players who look to have started the year slowly and working with younger guys that are due to be the next batch of stars. Backline will change due to team selections for the 1st round especially pederson, stanley and puopolo.

So if Swan or Goddard went down to 450k you'd trade them out?

saying if kennedy or sidebottom have a start like a barlow their price will sky rocket, then you can trade them for a j selwood or montagna as these are sessioned players that might not run out of steam like the younger fellas

Cheers for the feedback, mate!

It's funny because I just tweeked the team this morning and put Shaw in about 15 minutes ago. I feel that he's overpriced for his level of consistency.

I was thinking about possibly going with someone like Dan Conners from Richmond or an even cheaper option, Nick Maxwell.

RE: Your team, I like the Sandilands/Mummy ruck combo. I too think that Mummy will be in for another solid year and I think that combination will serve you really well.

thonk mummy will have a good year, but remember seaby is back fit so maybe mummies time in the ruck will be less. seaby was the starting ruckmen at the start of last year before he broke his leg

Hi.

Can you please take a look at mine and give some feedback.

Defenders: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Grimes, Krakour N, Otten, Heppel (Stanley, Toy, Duigan)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Hodge, Hayes, Swallow, Harris (Polec, Atley, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly ( Campbell, Bailey)

Forwards: Roo, Pavlich, Goodes, Sylvia, Higgins, Krakour A, Richardson (Mzungu, I smith, Callighan)

Thanks.

Backs

Bruce, C (HAW), Deledio, B (RICH) Shaw, H (COLL) Grimes, J (MELB) Thornton, B (CARL) Toy, J (GC) Otten, A (ADEL)

BENCH: [Puopolo (HAW), Duigan (CARL), Hibberd (ESS)]

Mids

Goddard, B (STK) Swallow,A (NTH) Jack, K (SYD) Pavlich, M (FREO) Kennedy, J (SYD) Harris,D (GC)

BENCH: [Heppell,D (ESS) Mzungu,T (FREO) Wallis, M (WBD)]

Rucks

Sandilands,A (FREO) Fraser,J (GC)

BENCH: [Tippett, J (GC) Derickx, T (RICH)]

Forwards

Riewoldt, N (STK) Chapman,P (GEL), Green,B (MEL) Goodes,A (SYD) Higgins,S (WBD) Petrie,D (KANG) Krakouer,A (COLL)

BENCH: Richardson,C (KANG) Matera,B (GC) DarlingJ (WCE)]

I heard Cameron Bruce is looking at more of a tagging role, which could affect his price. What I would do is move Bruce out of your team, move Goddard to the defence and pick up a mid at around the same value as Bruce (Bartel, Boak, KCornes etc). ALso, Shaw is a bit inconsistent, so maybe Fisher/Duffield in place?
Bret Thornton is a big no, he did kick 4 goals vs GWS in a practice match, but reread what I just said. vs GWS in a practice match...

Having Chapman, Higgins and Petrie all in the same forward line could end badly, especially as you also have Fraser in the rucks. Not sure who I would recommend, but I would take Petrie out for sure and replace him with a rookie forward, and trade Chapman to a cheaper premium if money is needed around the place. I do think you need a couple of risks around the place.

I go by the method of choosing the best possible team I can make and however much money is left over, is left over. But as to what the really good people do...

Hope that helps.

Hi.

Can you please take a look at mine and give some feedback.

Defenders: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Grimes, Krakour N, Otten, Heppel (Stanley, Toy, Duigan)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Hodge, Hayes, Swallow, Harris (Polec, Atley, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly ( Campbell, Bailey)

Forwards: Roo, Pavlich, Goodes, Sylvia, Higgins, Krakour A, Richardson (Mzungu, I smith, Callighan)

Thanks.

IMO that is a very good team, just keep an eye on the nab cup, choose your rookies carefully and you're good to go.

(Possibly Pavlich and Hayes are two I would have concerns over due to age and being used more sparingly, but they are still top-liners so it's not a big concern)

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, J.Grimes, A.Otten, Cheney, Puopolo, Heppell, Coad, Duigan
So similar too mine, 1 player different and thats Cheney, dont know anything about him so id just say nice backline
MIDFIELD: G.Ablett, Swan, L.Montagna, L.Anthony, A.Krakour, D.Swallow, Atley, D.Harris, M.Hibberd
Gablett, evry1's own opinion on this but im gonna wait for a bit considering he stil has a niggle and swan is as good as it gets anyways. Good otherwise
RUCKS: Sandilands, Jolly, Z.Smith, Derricx
Nice, i have cox instead of jolly :)
FORWARDS: Chapman, Riewoldt, Zaharakis, Higgins, Brennan, I.Smith, C.Richardson, Mzungu, B.Matera, Howe
Chapman, injury prone and getting older even, if u need him in sc finals then expct to be on teh edge of ur seat on thurs nite because he often get rested towards teh end. alot of youngsters, anythhing can happen ebtwen now and the start i suppose.

Backs:
Goddard, Grimes, Hurley, Whitecross, a Ottens, Heppell, Pederson (Toy, D Stanley & Puopolo)
Mids: Swan, Cross, Burgoyne, Slone, McLean, Kennedy (Krakeuor, Harris, Swallow)
Rucks: McEvoy, Warnock (Petrie & Zac Smith)
Forwards: Franklin, Riewoldt, goodes, S Johnson, dangerfield, Higgins, zaharakis (Matera, Presti, Mzungu)
Backs: Goddard and Grimes are both must picks for me too. Whitecross is a unique one could play every game and avrage over 80 or play half a dozen, all your cash cows look good also.

Mids: not to sure on Mclean and Kennedy both can average over 30 pos a game but can also turn the ball over by foot. if it was me i would play it safe downgrade one and up grade the other ear marking one as a potential upgrade if things go right.

Rucks: rucks run deep but you might be on the back foot not having sandi in you team.

Forwards: are a bit risky, Buddy and the tribunal are not friends and Jack, Goodes and Steve J are all up and down.

Hears my team:

D:Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Bock, Otten, Puopolo.
D:Hooper, Batchelor, Hibberd.

M:Swan, Judd, Hodge, D.Swallow, Heppell, Harris.
M:Lock, Atley, Schneider.

R:Sandilands, Seaby.
R:petrie, Bailey.

F:Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Green, Dangerfield, Krakouer, Mzungu.
F:McKernan, Richardson, Smith.

I heard Cameron Bruce is looking at more of a tagging role, which could affect his price. What I would do is move Bruce out of your team, move Goddard to the defence and pick up a mid at around the same value as Bruce (Bartel, Boak, KCornes etc). ALso, Shaw is a bit inconsistent, so maybe Fisher/Duffield in place?
Bret Thornton is a big no, he did kick 4 goals vs GWS in a practice match, but reread what I just said. vs GWS in a practice match...

Having Chapman, Higgins and Petrie all in the same forward line could end badly, especially as you also have Fraser in the rucks. Not sure who I would recommend, but I would take Petrie out for sure and replace him with a rookie forward, and trade Chapman to a cheaper premium if money is needed around the place. I do think you need a couple of risks around the place.

I go by the method of choosing the best possible team I can make and however much money is left over, is left over. But as to what the really good people do...

Hope that helps.

Solid advice mate, cheers!

I initially heard Bruce was going to be playing a 'quarterback' type role but when I saw him play on the weekend I wasn't overly convinced that he was going to be a fit for my SC side.

I've done and bit more tweaking and I've taken into account what you mentioned, particularly when it comes to taking a bit of a risk with rookies. There would be little point setting up a 'premium' side only to have a) no one on my bench of any note and b) have one of the stars go down and then have no bench players/money to replace them with.

I hope you don't mind reading over it but here in my revised team, risks included, that sees me with $153,300 remaining in my cap.

I really appreciate the assistance, guys and look forward to returning the favour! :)

Backs

Gibbs,B (CARL), Deledio, B (RICH) Enright,C (GEEL) Grimes, J (MELB) Goddard, B (STK) Toy, J (GC) Otten, A (ADEL)

Mids

Montagna,L (STK) Swallow,A (NTH) Jack, K (SYD) Boyd,M (WBD) Kennedy, J (SYD) Swallow,D (GC)

BENCH: [Heppell,D (ESS) Harris, D (GC) Wallis, M (WBD)]

Rucks

Sandilands,A (FREO) Hale,D (HAW)

BENCH: [Smith, Z (GC) Derickx, T (RICH)]

Forwards

Riewoldt, N (STK) Rioli,C (HAW), Green,B (MEL) McGlynn,B (SYD) Richardson,C (KANG) Matera,B (GC) Krakouer,A (COLL)

BENCH: Mzung,T (FREO) Callinan,I (ADEL) DarlingJ (WCE)]

Sabin, that's a pretty loaded midfield that's fairly unique and a very risky forwardline..Those rookies better play early, and do well..Enright is on the decline, no Swan is risky as he's the safest auto-captain around.

Mine:
Backs
Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Harbrow, Krakouer, Otten, A, Tarrant, R
Heppell Puopolo, Duigan,

Mids

Swan, Gibbs, Bartel, Blair, J (I rate him, shrug), Kennedy, J (somewhat on the bandwagon), Harris, D

Swallow, D, Atley, S, Liberatore, T

Rucks
Mumford, Cox, D
Smith, Z, Charman, J (okay that's random)

Forwards (Hopefully SOME rookies get to start..yes I know..Or I'll have to multi-posi a mid and tweak)
Riewoldt, N, Franklin, L, Goodes, A(risky), McGlynn, B, Jurrah, L(Risky X 2), Krakouer, Mzungu, T
Richardson, C, Matera, B, Darling, J

Seems I like fast, hardworking mid-sized mids like Blair/McGlynn. I already tweaked the team and removed guys like Rioli, Pav (because I treat him the same as Goodes and having 2 is too much for me). I don't have that many old blokes. In each position I have at least one mature age rookie to ensure some cover/durability.

Anyone thinking of Motlop? I had him initially but removed as I move towards more conservative mindset.

Backs: Goddard and Grimes are both must picks for me too. Whitecross is a unique one could play every game and avrage over 80 or play half a dozen, all your cash cows look good also.

Like what whitecross has done in pre season, good skills just had to beleive that he belonged in the top level.

Mids: not to sure on Mclean and Kennedy both can average over 30 pos a game but can also turn the ball over by foot. if it was me i would play it safe downgrade one and up grade the other ear marking one as a potential upgrade if things go right.

Kennedy's 1st full year in afl was last year, really rate this bloke and yes will havea quite game here and there but I think be super. McLean is the roughy in the middle. With Swallow, Harris in the back ground it is a gamble that I am willing to take.

Rucks: rucks run deep but you might be on the back foot not having sandi in you team.
Originally has Sandi in there but wanted some flexibility with depth hence McEvoy and Petrie. Over the previous years have been hurt with loading up on a key ruckmen, them getting hurt and the replacements not being able to play. Rather some points than none plus Petrie doubles as a forward if needed.

Forwards: are a bit risky, Buddy and the tribunal are not friends and Jack, Goodes and Steve J are all up and down.

Worked on the theory that Buddy's best is too good and he was suspended in the 1st half og last year and nothing after that. Steve J & Goodes are stalwarts for me and Steve has had a pre season. Wanted a mix of running goal kicking midfielders and key players.

Hears my team:

D:Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Bock, Otten, Puopolo.
D:Hooper, Batchelor, Hibberd.
Worried about Bock (Injury prone) and wondering if gibbs will live up to the hype this year.
M:Swan, Judd, Hodge, D.Swallow, Heppell, Harris.
M:Lock, Atley, Schneider.
Strong but I don't think Schneider will get enough game time.
R:Sandilands, Seaby.
R:petrie, Bailey.
Will be interesting to see how Seaby comes off a full year on the side lines.
F:Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Green, Dangerfield, Krakouer, Mzungu.
F:McKernan, Richardson, Smith.
I find green a little hit and miss, chappy is a gun but he is starting to get older and the cats are not as strong this year.

It will be interesting good luck

Sabin, that's a pretty loaded midfield that's fairly unique and a very risky forwardline..Those rookies better play early, and do well..Enright is on the decline, no Swan is risky as he's the safest auto-captain around.

Mine:
Backs
Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Harbrow, Krakouer, Otten, A, Tarrant, R
Heppell Puopolo, Duigan,

Mids

Swan, Gibbs, Bartel, Blair, J (I rate him, shrug), Kennedy, J (somewhat on the bandwagon), Harris, D

Swallow, D, Atley, S, Liberatore, T

Rucks
Mumford, Cox, D
Smith, Z, Charman, J (okay that's random)

Forwards (Hopefully SOME rookies get to start..yes I know..Or I'll have to multi-posi a mid and tweak)
Riewoldt, N, Franklin, L, Goodes, A(risky), McGlynn, B, Jurrah, L(Risky X 2), Krakouer, Mzungu, T
Richardson, C, Matera, B, Darling, J

Seems I like fast, hardworking mid-sized mids like Blair/McGlynn. I already tweaked the team and removed guys like Rioli, Pav (because I treat him the same as Goodes and having 2 is too much for me). I don't have that many old blokes. In each position I have at least one mature age rookie to ensure some cover/durability.

Anyone thinking of Motlop? I had him initially but removed as I move towards more conservative mindset.

I realize you've acknowledged that your midfield is risky, but honestly there's no way I'd have Blair or Kennedy. Downgrade atleast 1 to a gun rookie like Polec or Gaff and use the extra coin to upgrade someone in the forward line. Jurrah or McGlynn especially.

Also, I feel like Sandilands is just too good to not have.

Here's my team, made quite a few changes recently. Still undecided.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
( toy, puopolo, duigan )

MID: Swan, Selwood, Montagna, Murphy, Swallow, Polec
( atley, wallis, harris )

RUCK: Sandi, Petrie ( z smith, curnow- 91'000 throwaway )

FORW: Chapman, Reiwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, A Krakour, Mzungu, Richardson
( matera, callinen, I smith )

Petrie is my biggest concern. I don't really like it, but having him allowed me to get Murphy into the midfield. I'm willing to cop a doughnut in Rd 1 at this stage. Any thoughts?

G'day guys - after a bit of feedback.

Backs: B Goddard (ST K), B Deledio (RICH), J Grimes (MELB), B Waters (WCE), A Otten (ADEL), K Hunt (GC), J Toy (GC) - S McKernan (ADEL), C Pederson (NORTH), N Duigan (CARL).

Mids: D Swan (COLL), J Bartel (GEEL), S Burgoyne (HAW), C Sylvia (MELB), J Trengove (MELB), D Swallow (GC) - D Heppell (ESS), D Harris (GC), T Mzungu (FRE).

Rucks: D Cox (WCE), D Jolly (COLL) - R Warnock (Carl), R Campbell (MELB).

Forwards: N Riewoldt (ST K), L Franklin (HAW), S Higgins (WB), M Morton (RICH), K Tippett (ADEL), C Yarran (CARL), A Krakeour (COLL) - A Maric (MELB), I Smith (HAW), I Callinan (ADEL).

Thanks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realize you've acknowledged that your midfield is risky, but honestly there's no way I'd have Blair or Kennedy. Downgrade atleast 1 to a gun rookie like Polec or Gaff and use the extra coin to upgrade someone in the forward line. Jurrah or McGlynn especially.

Also, I feel like Sandilands is just too good to not have.

Here's my team, made quite a few changes recently. Still undecided.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
( toy, puopolo, duigan )

MID: Swan, Selwood, Montagna, Murphy, Swallow, Polec
( atley, wallis, harris )

RUCK: Sandi, Petrie ( z smith, curnow- 91'000 throwaway )

FORW: Chapman, Reiwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, A Krakour, Mzungu, Richardson
( matera, callinen, I smith )

Petrie is my biggest concern. I don't really like it, but having him allowed me to get Murphy into the midfield. I'm willing to cop a doughnut in Rd 1 at this stage. Any thoughts?

Well petrie is the biggest concern
i reckon chapman is getting a bit past it injury prone
rest looks pretty good :thumbsu: mate
This is my team
DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Toy, Otten, Heppell (Pederson, Poupolo ,Duigan )

MID: Swan, Judd, Hodge, Selwood, D.Swallow, Anthony (Hibberd, Mzungu, Harris)

RUCK: Sandilands, Goldstien (Z.Smith,Bailey)

FWD: Franklin, Riewoldt, Green ,Goodes, Krakouer, Knights, Richardson (Callinan, Matera, I.Smith)

Remaining salary cap:34,800

Well petrie is the biggest concern
i reckon chapman is getting a bit past it injury prone
rest looks pretty good :thumbsu: mate
This is my team
DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Toy, Otten, Heppell (Pederson, Poupolo ,Duigan )

MID: Swan, Judd, Hodge, Selwood, D.Swallow, Anthony (Hibberd, Mzungu, Harris)

RUCK: Sandilands, Goldstien (Z.Smith,Bailey)

FWD: Franklin, Riewoldt, Green ,Goodes, Krakouer, Knights, Richardson (Callinan, Matera, I.Smith)

Remaining salary cap:34,800

Goldstien in RUCK - I haven't seen many teams with that combo yet! Brilliant point of difference. :) I'm itching to get Buddy in my side but I'm still not convinced he can turn it on week in and week out. Are you fairly confident he'll be in for a steady 2011?

Earlier I made my team too conservative and then went too far the other way. I'm quietly comfortable with this line up now. Tweaks will take place after the remaining NAB Cup matches but I'd love to get everyone's thoughts on:

Backs

Gibbs,B (CARL), Deledio, B (RICH) Broughton,G (FREO) Grimes, J (MELB) Krakouer, N (GC) Toy, J (GC) Otten, A (ADEL)

Mids

Swan, D (COLL) Hodge,L (HAW) Jack, K (SYD) Swallow,A (KANG) Kennedy, J (SYD) Swallow,D (GC)

BENCH: [Heppell,D (ESS) Harris, D (GC) Mzungu, T (FREO)]

Rucks

BENCH: [Tippett,J (GC) Derickx, T (RICH)]

Forwards

Riewoldt, N (STK) Green,B (MEL) Goodes,A (SYD) Roughead, J (HAW) Monfries,A (ESS) Krakouer,A (COLL) Petrie, D (KANG)

Love the feedback guys! You're helping a noob supercoach wannabe live his dream :p

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Connors, Suban, Otten, Coad. (Toy, Duigan, Lower)

Mids:
Judd, Pendelbury, Bartel, Stanton, Swallow, Mzungu. (Gaff, Heppell, Wallace)

Rucks:
Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Moran)

Forwards:
Buddy, Riewoldt, Didak, S. Johnson, Knights, Petrie, Veszpremi (Matera, Callinan, I. Smith)

Very first draft, i think my benches are terrible but haven't followed enough pre-season form to pick properly yet.

Suggestions for changes, especially on the pine????

Backs

Gibbs,B (CARL), Deledio, B (RICH) Broughton,G (FREO) Grimes, J (MELB) Krakouer, N (GC) Toy, J (GC) Otten, A (ADEL)

Mids

Swan, D (COLL) Hodge,L (HAW) Jack, K (SYD) Swallow,A (KANG) Kennedy, J (SYD) Swallow,D (GC)

BENCH: [Heppell,D (ESS) Harris, D (GC) Mzungu, T (FREO)]

Rucks

BENCH: [Tippett,J (GC) Derickx, T (RICH)]

Forwards

Riewoldt, N (STK) Green,B (MEL) Goodes,A (SYD) Roughead, J (HAW) Monfries,A (ESS) Krakouer,A (COLL) Petrie, D (KANG)

Very solid defence, leaving out Goddard is a risky decision though.

Started commenting on each other position but couldn't find any faults, very good team mate, looks like you'll do well this year!

This is my team, I'm constantly making small adjustments but for now here it is:

DEF: Goddard - Gibbs - Grimes - Harbrow - Hurn - Otten - Hibberd - (Coad, Duigan, Puopolo)
MID: Swan - Selwood - Montagna - Boyd - Foley - D Swallow - (Heppell, Harris, I Smith)
RUCK: Sandilands - Fraser - (J Tippett, Campbell)
FWD: Riewoldt - Franklin - Higgins - K Tippett - Knights - Krakouer - Mzungu (Petrie, Matera, C Richardson)

Keep in mind both Petrie and K Tippett can be rotated to the RUCK with J Tippett. Comments would be much appreciated :thumbsu:

Started commenting on each other position but couldn't find any faults, very good team mate, looks like you'll do well this year!

This is my team, I'm constantly making small adjustments but for now here it is:

DEF: Goddard - Gibbs - Grimes - Harbrow - Hurn - Otten - Hibberd - (Coad, Duigan, Puopolo)
MID: Swan - Selwood - Montagna - Boyd - Foley - D Swallow - (Heppell, Harris, I Smith)
FWD: Riewoldt - Franklin - Higgins - K Tippett - Knights - Krakouer - Mzungu (Petrie, Matera, C Richardson)

Keep in mind both Petrie and K Tippett can be rotated to the RUCK with J Tippett. Comments would be much appreciated :thumbsu:

Thanks, mate!

Working Goddard back in to the side is the last big change that I think I'm going to make. Like you mentioned, starting without him is kind of like starting a race with your shoes untied.

I see you've got Mzungu as one of your starting forwards. Is he THAT impressive at the moment that he's going to crack Freo's starting 22? (I've only heard things about him, haven't seen much yet.)

I like the use of Petrie (even though he's risky,) and Tippett as RUCK replacements. I think the key to SC this year will be the effective use of DPP.

It looks like you're well on track, mate.

Your team looks pretty solid. Only query I'd have is Tippett and Knights. Are they worth what you are paying?

Anyway, here is mine. Feedback would be appreciated.

DEFENDERS
Goddard, B Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$633,700
2. Gibbs, B Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$508,300
3. Deledio, B Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$495,900
4. Newman, C Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$450,900
5. Otten, A Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$185,100
6. Heppell, D Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$153,600
7. Duigan, N Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$103,600
23. Coad, M Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$123,700
24. Toy, J Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$110,200
25. Puopolo, P Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$103,600

MIDFIELD
8. Judd, C Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$576,700
9. Hodge, L Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$566,800
10. Murphy, M Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$544,500
11. Davey, A Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$385,600
12. Ward, C Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$274,600
13. Polec, J Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$168,600
26. Swallow, D Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$188,600
27. Bennell, H Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$183,600
28. Mzungu, T Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$110,200

RUCKS
14. Cox, D Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$428,200
15. Ryder, P Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$416,800
29. Charman, J Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$110,200
30. Campbell, R Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$103,600

FORWARDS
16. Didak, A Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$504,300
17. Harvey, B Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$488,400
18. Pavlich, M Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$483,300
19. Goodes, A Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$458,900
20. Dangerfield, P Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$340,100
21. Krakouer, A Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$200,600
22. Gamble, R Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$184,900
31. Prestia, D Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$148,600
32. Richardson, C Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$110,200
33. Matera, B Pts:0 Avg:N/A
$110,200

Aaron Davey doens't seem to get a lot of love around here. In 2009, he averaged about $500,000, and he is back to $385,000

Any suggestions on my team would be greatly appreciated.

Backs:
Goddard Gibbs Deledio Grimes A. Otten Heppel Hibberd (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)

Mids:
Swan Judd Hodge Selwood Swallow(GC) Gaff (Atley, Polec, Conca)

Rucks:
Sandilands Jolly (Derickx, Bailey)

Forwards:
N. Riewoldt Franklin B. Harvey Pavlich Yarran Mzungu Richardson (Matera, Callinan, I Smith)

I understand I've overloaded with first year players but my tactic this year is to do that rather than have players in the $200,000 to $400,000 price range and try not to have two players from the same club in the one position. Cheers.

would appreciate some feedback on my team fellas :)d
e
f
e
n
d
e
r
s 1. Goddard, B
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $633,700

2. Gibbs, B
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $508,300

3. Deledio, B
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $495,900

4. Broughton, G
Pts: 0 Avg: 0 $479,800

5. Grimes, J
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $428,200

6. Otten, A
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $185,100

7. Heppell, D
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $153,600

23. Toy, J
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $110,200

24. Duigan, N
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $103,600

25. Puopolo, P

m
i
d
f
i
e
l
d 8. Swan, D
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $617,300

9. Selwood, J
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $573,200

10. Hodge, L
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $566,800

11. Murphy, M
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $544,500

12. Swallow, D
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $188,600

13. Gaff, A
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $173,600

26. Harris, D
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $125,700

27. Hibberd, M

28. Wallis, M

r
u
c
k
s 14. Sandilands, A
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $554,700

15. Warnock, R
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $298,600

29. Smith, Z
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $117,700

30. Derickx, T

f
o
r
w
a
r
d
s 16. Riewoldt, N
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $529,900

17. Franklin, L
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $522,900

18. Pavlich, M
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $483,300

19. Sylvia, C
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $428,200

20. Krakouer, A
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $200,600

21. Matera, B

22. Mzungu, T

31. Richardson, C

32. Darling, J

33. Callinan, I
Pts:0 Avg:N/A $91,700

Anyone got thoughts on this..

DEF - GODDARD, GIBBS, DELEDIO, GRIMES, OTTEN, CLARKE, TOY
(PUOPOLO, HIBBERD, DUIGAN)

MID - SWAN, JUDD, HODGE, MONTAGNA, SWALLOW, HEPPELL
(MZUNGU, ATLEY, WALLIS)

RUCK - SANDI, COX,
(SMITH, DERICKX)

FWD - RIEWOLDT, FRANKLIN, DIDAK, GREEN, PORPLYZIA, PETRIE, RICHARDSON
(MOTLOP, MATERA, DARLING)

Not sure if I have enough $$ in Defence for a start..

ok heres my team, after alot of tweaking after the nab cup i reckon it'll be hard to beat.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Drummond, Otten, Coad
(Toy, Puopulo, Duigan)

MID: Swan, Judd, Bartel, Anthony, Swallow, Gaff
(Harris, Hepple, Mzungu)

RUCK: Sandilands, Petrie
(Smith, Charman)

FOR: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Higgins, Krakouer, Gamble
(Prestia, Matera, McKernan)

considering downgrading liam anthony, and bench players will be further tweaked until round 1. thoughts???

ALSO! if you wish to join a new league and feel like a challenge, we need numbers in our league, so last year if u had an average of 2100+ please feel free to join the league number: 419110
:)

Well heres mine
Goddard Gibbs Delidio Everitt Adcock Heppell Otten
(Toy Watson Poupolo)

Swan(C) Judd(VC) bartell O'Keefe Higgins Gaff
(Swallow Mzunga Hibberd)

Cox Jolly (J.Tippett Derrickx)

Reiwoldt Pavlich Goodes Sylvia Knights Petrie Krakouer
(richardson Pitt Smeldts)
$38,800 left any thoughts

Far too much emphasis on MPP's. Pick the best side not the safest 'there is no chance of me scoring a donut' side.

mate i would leave kennedy and sidebottom in, they are in my team as well. i think they will jump in price early, then you have the option of trading for a bigger price player, they are great value at around the 400k mark. if you stack the mids with all 550k players and they have a bad start you lose to much money and risk a shit trade

That is the worst reasoning I have heard so far. If you pick Kennedy at 400k you are picking him on the premise that he will be a keeper. You don't buy 400k players to upgrade - That is ridiculous. Similarly Sidebottom is in the same boat.

Also you pick $550k players because they have proven they can average over 110 ppg over the past few years. You would never get rid of them after a few games if they happen to put in a couple of shockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back