Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to keep Dangerfield up there, traded Derickx for Petrie and Callinan for J Tippett.

for now.......... cause petrie misses 2/3 of the first 3 weeks, but.. I don't want to use the trade later.

Decided to keep Dangerfield up there, traded Derickx for Petrie and Callinan for J Tippett.

for now.......... cause petrie misses 2/3 of the first 3 weeks, but.. I don't want to use the trade later.

Looks sound, I just hope Tippet gets some game time. If Fraser goes down ealry, which is possible, we should see plenty of him, but otherwise he wont be playing with much consistency. MPP option makes him attractive none the less.

I should still have enough to cover each position if he doesn't play, I think. The MPP warrants pine-riding in itself imo, gametime/cash is just an added bonus.

Time will tell!

Goddard, Deledio, Gilbee, Grimes, Hurn, Otten, Toy (Hibberd, Puopolo, Duigan)
Swan, Judd, Selwood, Kennedy Jr, Heppell, Polec (Wallis, Atley, Irons)
Sandilands, Jamar (Smith, Derickx)
Reiwoldt, Brown, Rioli, Goodes, Gray, Richardson, Mzungu (Krakoeur, Matera, Darling)

$74,500

No MPP for/mids in midfield maybe Smith for Irons gives you some more options.

Any reason you are holding onto the extra cash? Solid Team :thumbsu:

Reiwoldt, Brown, Rioli, Goodes, Gray, Richardson, Mzungu (Krakoeur, Matera, Darling)

$74,500

Would probably trade out Brown, dont think he will play a full season 100%, which is what you would want. Same goes with Gray. Try not to go into the season with players that are not 100% and are more likely than not to miss games. Much better options at those prices.

$74,500

There's a few question marks on your forward line IMO - Brown and Gray are obviously injury prone, and Goodes was playing up forward rather than in the mids in the pre season. I'd also upgrade Gilbee to Gibbs using your extra coin.

I'd love any opinions on my team:

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Toy (Puopolo, Duigan, Hibberd)
Swan, Judd, J. Selwood, Swallow, Gaff, Harris (Mzungu, Atley, I.Smith)
Sandilands, Cox (Z. Smith, Moran)
Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Petrie, A. Krakouer (Richardson, Matera, Darling)

30K left. I may move Hibberd into my mids for a bit of flexibility with Heppell.

Any thoughts?

There's a few question marks on your forward line IMO - Brown and Gray are obviously injury prone, and Goodes was playing up forward rather than in the mids in the pre season. I'd also upgrade Gilbee to Gibbs using your extra coin.

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Toy (Puopolo, Duigan, Hibberd)
Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Petrie, A. Krakouer (Richardson, Matera, Darling)

30K left. I may move Hibberd into my mids for a bit of flexibility with Heppell.

Any thoughts?
very similar to mine,i had pertrie but got rid of him he will miss the first two games so i got duncan from geelong similar price but he will play every game if not injured but overall not bad,

I assume that is David Swallow in your mids? :eek: Hopefully..

Defence is strong, Broughton/Enright it doesn't really matter for me as both have the bye in rnd 6, and both are at the same price range, so I can't fault anything there.
I try to have 1 of Hibberd/Heppell in defence and 1 in mids. What I try to do is have 5 premium defenders, then Otten, Heppell (Puopolo, Toy, Duigan). I understand that it may mess up your structure, (it lead to a weaker midfield for me) but that is only if you don't trust the other rookies such as Batchelor/McKernan etc.

Great mids, 3 very high premiums in Swan, Judd and Selwood. Good rookies at the moment, remember to keep an eye out on the final nab cup/challenge games and rnd 1 teams, as Atley and Smith are both iffy.

Great rucks. Enough said. :thumbsu:

Fantastic forwards, really strong premiums. I'm suspicious to how much money you have left over??? Would be less then 10k? Not that it matters, a good starting team beats left over money everytime.

Good team :thumbsu:

I assume that is David Swallow in your mids? :eek: Hopefully..

Defence is strong, Broughton/Enright it doesn't really matter for me as both have the bye in rnd 6, and both are at the same price range, so I can't fault anything there.
I try to have 1 of Hibberd/Heppell in defence and 1 in mids. What I try to do is have 5 premium defenders, then Otten, Heppell (Puopolo, Toy, Duigan). I understand that it may mess up your structure, (it lead to a weaker midfield for me) but that is only if you don't trust the other rookies such as Batchelor/McKernan etc.

Great mids, 3 very high premiums in Swan, Judd and Selwood. Good rookies at the moment, remember to keep an eye out on the final nab cup/challenge games and rnd 1 teams, as Atley and Smith are both iffy.

Great rucks. Enough said. :thumbsu:

Fantastic forwards, really strong premiums. I'm suspicious to how much money you have left over??? Would be less then 10k? Not that it matters, a good starting team beats left over money everytime.

Good team :thumbsu:

Much obliged - it is David Swallow and I've got just under 30K left.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the Round 1 teams for the vast majority of my bench, and I think I'll play around and get Hibberd in the mid bench.

Thanks for the critique.

Any thoughts?
very soild team to start with. if you need more money maybe look at downgrading gaff to a cheaper rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Puopulo, Heppell.
(Bench: Toy, Cripps, Duigan)

Mid: A. Swallow, Burgoyne, Kelly, Sidebottom, D. Martin, Mzungu.
(Masten, D. Swallow, M. Wallis)

Ruck: Dean Cox, Nic Naitanui (Z. Smith, Bailey)

FWD: Franklin, J. Reiwoldt, McGlynn, Sylvia, L. Jetta, Veszpremi, Krakouer.
(Matera, Richardson, Darling)

There are a few options I have considered, but have gone with some "riskier" choices. Only have a negligible $3600 left.

Many thanks for any feedback.

l've noticed that there are quite a few teams that have picked Gold Coast Players either in their starting 22 or as emergencies.....BE AWARE that gold goast have their bye the first week so make sure 1 player from each position is NOT a Gold Coast player and that they will be playing.....Hope this helps.:)

Here is my team,
Backs: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, J.Grimes, J.Adcock, A.Otten, J.Toy
Bench: N.Duigan, P.Puopolo, N.Watson.

Mids: Swan, M.Murphy, J.Watson, J.Corey, D. Swallow, D. Harris
Bench :M. Hibberd, T.Liberatore,T.Mzungu

Rucks: A.Sandilands, D.Cox
Bench: Z.Smith, T. Derickx

Forwards: N.Riewoldt, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, C.Rioli, S.Higgins, C.Knights, C.Richardson.
Bench: B.Matera, I. Smith, L.Markovic

Rookies will always change depending on nab cup form.
what are peoples thorts?

Here is my team,

Forwards: N.Riewoldt, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, C.Rioli, S.Higgins, C.Knights, C.Richardson.

what are peoples thorts?

Looks like a very, very strong team. Only big queries would be over Higgins and Knights. Higgins hasn't really been able to take that next step for a long time, went backwards a little last year and has had injury problems. Similarly, Knights has had pretty bad injury problems and gone backwards.

Here's my team, I've loaded up in the midfield and my ruck, then I'm going to have to rely on some youngsters performing well in the backline and forward line:

DEF: Goddard, Broughton, Enright, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puopolo, Dugan)
MID: Swan, Hodge, Judd, Montagna, D.Swallow, Gaff (Polec, Atley, Hibberd)
RUCK: Sandilands, Ryder (Z.Smith, Derickx)
FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, S.Johnson, Sylvia, Petrie, Krakouer, Mzungu (Matera, Darling, I.Smith)

No MPP for/mids in midfield maybe Smith for Irons gives you some more options.

Any reason you are holding onto the extra cash? Solid Team :thumbsu:

Lots of people (me included) hold a bit of cash so they can use it for trades in the first 2 weeks.

Here is my team,

what are peoples thorts?

Not a fan of Adcock, apart from that and your D7, its a solid backline.

Corey is over the hill, and not sure if over injuries that plagued him last year. It's highly unlikely Watson will improve also. I think there are far better options. I like Murph in the mids and Swan is a given.

Rucks - Solid

Fowards - Higgins and Knights is fairly risky, I'm not sold on Pav this year but he still should score well

Overall your tam isn't too bad - Definitely not one of the poor ones I was referring too.

what are your thorts on my team above?? Also could you post your team up here.

My team was posted earlier in this thread IIRC.

I wasn't able to find your team, would you be able to share a link to it or post it again.

This is what I posted earlier in the week. A few injuries seem to have come out from this weekend though.

Alright I've given everyone's team a bit of stick, now its your turn.

Please don't comment on Rookies they are there just to fill up spots at the moment and there will no doubt be plenty of changes by Round 1.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, R. Tarrant, Heppell

(Coad, Toy, Duigan)

Midfielders: Swan, Judd, Selwood, Anthony, Swallow, Harris

(Wallis, Hibberd, Callinan)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox

(Smith, Derickx)

Forwards Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Sylvia, Prestia, Richardson

(Matera, Mzunga, R. Kerr)

Round 6 there will be 5 premiums missing. Hopefully bring in an in form Petrie to cover Sandi. And the there should be good bench cover for the others.

Okay, so here goes attempt number 1 at making my team.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Broughton, Adcock, Heppell, Otten <Toy, Batchelor, Puopolo>

Mids: Swan, Cross, Judd, Anthony, Higgins, Swallow <Gaff, Harris, Wallis>

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox <Smith, Campbell>

Fwds: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Jurrah, Krakouer, Gamble, Smith <Mzungu, Matera, Richardson.

Please dont critize the rookies too much as they will more than likely be finally decided on just before round 1. Any rookies to look out for, by all means, let me know.

The plan so far is to get Petrie in about Round 5 when his price will be ready to go up. Cox will come out, Petrie in. Im expecting about 20 points difference between them, but the extra $250K will help upgrade Jurrah in the forward line, Adcock in the defence or Higgins/Anthony in the middle.

Let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back