Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like those three in the forward line together. Too much of the same. Would use the cash and upgrade to another premium.
With a touch of bias I would leave Yarran in as I think he will have a breakout year. Was electrifying off the half back flank Vs Adelaide in the practice match. I'd trade out Sylvia for another premium.

Thanks for the input. Much more constructive than the constant negativity of the Pez Dispenser.

Doesn't look much different.

You're still taking unnecessary risks on Adcock and Cheney. Your Forward line is awful too.

Over the last 20 pages you have told everyone their forward line is crap or awful. Why would this time be different.

Who do you favour, who do you think should be looked at?

Guys please feed me up - thanks in advance

Goddard, B
Lake, B
Gibbs, B
Deledio, B
Grimes, J
Otten, A
Heppell, D

Toy, J
Puopolo, P
Duigan, N

Swan, D
Judd, C
Conca, R
Gaff, A
Pendlebury, S / Montag.
Mzungu, T

Swallow, D
Atley, S
Wallis, M

Sandilands, A
Jolly, D

Smith, Z
Cordy, A

Riewoldt, N
Franklin, L
Pavlich, M
Goodes, A / Riewoldt, J
Jurrah, L
Gamble, R
Richardson

Lamb, J
Tapscott, L
Prestia, D

$16400 left

I will throw mine up, input welcome
Backs
Goddard
Gibbs
Deledio
Grimes
Heppell
Otten
Duigan
Coad
Puopolo
Hibberd
Mids
Selwood
Murphy
Pendlebury
Hayes
Sloane
Swallow D.
Harris
Curnow
Wallis
Rucks
Sandilands
Warnock
Smith
Derickx
Forwards
Reiwoldt
Franklin
Pavlich
Higgins
Yarran
Duncan
Krakouer
Mzunga
Richardson
Matera

You started really well I think with your backline with a premium/rookie blend but it looks like you abandoned it for everywhere else.

Depending on your strategy you may want to drop a midfield premium to upgrade a forward since it looks kind of dicey with four potential what if's. I have Krakouer and Higgins too but I think you should dump Yarran as his past scores have not been any good and theres no real indication he'll go up anymore. Also, your midfield looks topped up but you havent included one of Swan, Ablett or Judd who are the ones who have the most potential to crack huge scores.

My team looks like this at the moment;

Backs:
Goddard
Gibbs
Bruce
Deledio
Enright
Otten
Heppell
Talia
Duigan
Hibberd
Midfield:
Swan
Judd
Bartel
Gaff
Polec
Conca
D.Swallow
Harris
Mzungu
Rucks:
Sandilands
Petrie
Smith
Derickx
Forwards:
N.Riewoldt
Franklin
Harvey
S.Johnson
Higgins
Krakouer
Richardson
Matera
I.Smith
Darling

This was my original team:
Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Gillbee, E.Wood, Astbury, R.Tarrant, D. Heppell
Emergencies: K.Hunt, McKernan, McGovern.

Mid-field: Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, J.Selwood, Carrazzo, Dangerfield
Emergencies: D.Swallow, Mzungu, Callinan
Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly
Emergencies: Z.Clarke, J.Tippett
Forwards: N.Riewoldt, B.Harvey, L.Dunn, C.Dawes, K.Tippett, P.Veszpremi, A.Krakouer.
Emergencies:J.Darling, I.Smith, Von Bertouch.

This is my revised team:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Gillbee, E.Wood, Mackie, R.Tarrant, Martin
Emergencies: Krakouer, McKernan, McGovern.

Mid-field: Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, J.Selwood, L.Jetta, Heppell
Emergencies: D.Swallow, Mzungu, I. Smith
Rucks: Sandilands, Ryder
Forwards: N.Riewoldt, B.Harvey, LeCras, Dangerfield, L.Davis, Gamble, A.Krakouer.
Emergencies:J.Darling,Matera, Von Bertouch

After round 1 Martin will be substituted by Krakouer and Gamble will be replaced by Petrie. Any ideas on this team...

Thanks for the input. Much more constructive than the constant negativity of the Pez Dispenser.

Over the last 20 pages you have told everyone their forward line is crap or awful. Why would this time be different.

Who do you favour, who do you think should be looked at?

Why would I give someone like you constructive criticism when you aren't contributing to the forum?

You have Sylvia, Higgins, Krakouer, Yarran and Smith in your forwards. It is quite evident that you are missing a premium

You are taking a risk on these four players. There i no way they will all work out.

Forwards: N.Riewoldt, B.Harvey, L.Dunn, C.Dawes, K.Tippett, P.Veszpremi, A.Krakouer.

This is my revised team:

Forwards: N.Riewoldt, B.Harvey, LeCras, Dangerfield, L.Davis, Gamble, A.Krakouer.

After round 1 Martin will be substituted by Krakouer and Gamble will be replaced by Petrie. Any ideas on this team...

Terrible team and most of all structure. Contribute more and you might get some half decent advice

Guys please feed me up - thanks in advance

Goddard, B Lake, B Gibbs, B Deledio, B Grimes, J Otten, A Heppell, D

Toy, J Puopolo, P Duigan, N

Swan, D Judd, C Conca, R Gaff, A Pendlebury, S / Montag. Mzungu, T

Swallow, D Atley, S Wallis, M

Sandilands, A Jolly, D

Smith, Z Cordy, A

Riewoldt, N Franklin, L Pavlich, M Goodes, A / Riewoldt, J Jurrah, L Gamble, Richardson

Lamb, J Tapscott, L Prestia, D

$16400 left

Lake is injured
I would upgrade one of you midfield rookies
Rucks solid
Wouldn't even think about J Riewoldt, Jurrah or Gamble.

You started really well I think with your backline with a premium/rookie blend but it looks like you abandoned it for everywhere else.

Depending on your strategy you may want to drop a midfield premium to upgrade a forward since it looks kind of dicey with four potential what if's. I have Krakouer and Higgins too but I think you should dump Yarran as his past scores have not been any good and theres no real indication he'll go up anymore. Also, your midfield looks topped up but you havent included one of Swan, Ablett or Judd who are the ones who have the most potential to crack huge scores.

My team looks like this at the moment;

Backs:
Goddard
Gibbs
Bruce
Deledio
Enright
Otten
Heppell
Talia
Duigan
Hibberd
Midfield:
Swan
Judd
Bartel
Gaff
Polec
Conca
D.Swallow
Harris
Mzungu
Rucks:
Sandilands
Petrie
Smith
Derickx
Forwards:
N.Riewoldt
Franklin
Harvey
S.Johnson
Higgins
Krakouer
Richardson
Matera
I.Smith
Darling

Cheers for the input TG:thumbsu:

Take your point re: mids, my thoughts, I think Pendlebury will step up and become Collingwoods premium midfielder this year, chose him over Swan.
Think the same with Judd and Murphy. Reckon Ablett will get double / triple teamed this year. He will be smashed around coming off a limited pre-season, just sends alarm bells that he will struggle to play out the season.
Watched Sloane Vs Carlton practice match, cut us up. Was best mid on the ground, 14 solid games or so last year. I'm banking on a breakout season.
Take your points in regards to the forwards, Yarran, Higgins , Krak and Duncan could potentially be same same.
Yarran will play that link man from the back half this year, has been blistering in this role early season, can see him averaging 90+ this year:D
I think Krak will increase in value by 150K+ will look to trade him up to a premium if this happens. Duncan?? Just wanted someone that will step up and play most games and add value, how much? well thats a punt.

Overall, like your team. Conca and Gaff? Think Conca may struggle for game time at the Tigers, their midfield seems to be fit this year.
Petrie? Is he over his injuries? 2nd ruck seems to be a bit light.

Think Enright might struggle a bit more this year, may go backwards. Lost a yard or two, forward line pressure seems to have really stepped up across the board. Think there may be a few older players that have lost a yard that will struggle to produce on their usual form.

The best i think i can do. You will have weak spots in your team, and ive tried to make my weak spots as strong as they can be.

DEF;

Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Enright, Grimes, Heppell, Otten
Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

MID;

Swan, Judd, Selwood, Montagna, J. Kennedy, D. Swallow
Gaff, Smith, Liberatore

RUCK;

Sandilands, Jolly
Smith, Bailey

FWD;

Riewoldt, Rioli, Varcoe, Yarran, Krakouer, Mzungu, Richardson
Matera, Darling, Shneider

This is my revised team:

You might need to revise that again mate. Shocking team! You're a North supporter, so I dunno what your excuse for that midfield is?? You can't go in with 3 pies on the same line. And 2 in the forward line. Not smart, especially having L Davis! All up it's a pretty poor forward line. Only 2 premiums, the rest are hit & miss. START AGAIN.

Here's my team, any feedback?

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
( toy, duigan, puopolo )

MID: Swan, Selwood, Montagna, A Krakour, D swallow, Harris
( atley, wallis, hibberd )

RUCK: Sandi, Cox
( z smith, 91,000 )

FOR: Chapman, Reiwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Higgins, Mzungu, Richardson
( matera, darling, I smith )

Only $2000 left. Cheers.

The best i think i can do. You will have weak spots in your team, and ive tried to make my weak spots as strong as they can be.

DEF;

Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Enright, Grimes, Heppell, Otten
Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

MID;

Swan, Judd, Selwood, Montagna, J. Kennedy, D. Swallow
Gaff, Smith, Liberatore

RUCK;

Sandilands, Jolly
Smith, Bailey

FWD;

Riewoldt, Rioli, Varcoe, Yarran, Krakouer, Mzungu, Richardson
Matera, Darling, Shneider

Backline looks pretty good. Midfield is good, very good. Forwards are an issue at the moment. Only 1 premo but having said that most of the forward premos are too old or declining. Interesting structure, could work.. could backfire..

Here's my draft..

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Duigan, Populopo)

Swan, Selwood, Cross, D Swallow, Polec, Harris (Mzungu, Hibberd, Atley)

Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Dericx)

Chapman, N Riewoldt, Green, Rioli, Yarran, Krakouer, Richardson (Prestia Matera, Smith)

Got a few iffy players.. Broughton's durability is a concern, would love to get Judd in there somehow but would need to drop Gibbs or Yarran as I try not to have more then 2 players from the same team, starting. Onto Yarran, looking good.. bit of a risk. Could go Veszpremi as another option I guess. Quite comfortable with the Guns N' Rookies in the midfield approach.. think most of the rookies I've selected would play 90% of matches and should score reasonably well. Look forward to the criticism lol!

You might need to revise that again mate. Shocking team! You're a North supporter, so I dunno what your excuse for that midfield is?? You can't go in with 3 pies on the same line. And 2 in the forward line. Not smart, especially having L Davis! All up it's a pretty poor forward line. Only 2 premiums, the rest are hit & miss. START AGAIN.

Here's my team, any feedback?

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
( toy, duigan, puopolo )

MID: Swan, Selwood, Montagna, A Krakour, D swallow, Harris
( atley, wallis, hibberd )

RUCK: Sandi, Cox
( z smith, 91,000 )

FOR: Chapman, Reiwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Higgins, Mzungu, Richardson
( matera, darling, I smith )

Only $2000 left. Cheers.

Yeah, really good team, can't find a weakness. 4th ruck 91K?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, yeah I pretty much think this spot is a waste. At the moment I've got some bloke called Curnow from Port. I'll keep an eye on the teams, but I'm not fussed if my R4 isn't playing.

I reckon McCauley may get a run this year. Been on the list for a while but there would have to be an injury for him to get a game. Who knows lol..

I've enjoyed looking through this thread the past few weeks and reading the 'advice' that ThePezDispenser has offered. No one can tell for sure how players will go this year, therefore the advice he is giving is merely opinion. Everyone will obviously be taking a gamble this year, and this just may be how you will win yourself the big prize at the end of the year! And just to add to this, I'm sure everyone is eager to check out your team Pez- and give it the criticism I'm sure it will deserve!

I've enjoyed looking through this thread the past few weeks and reading the 'advice' that ThePezDispenser has offered. No one can tell for sure how players will go this year, therefore the advice he is giving is merely opinion. Everyone will obviously be taking a gamble this year, and this just may be how you will win yourself the big prize at the end of the year! And just to add to this, I'm sure everyone is eager to check out your team Pez- and give it the criticism I'm sure it will deserve!

He posted his team a couple of pages ago..

My team ATM, Far from a Supercoach expert or tragic, only had my 1st season last year.

GODDARD, Brendon
GIBBS, Bryce
DELEDIO, Brett
GRIMES, Jack
GRAM, Jason
ADCOCK, Jed
HEPPELL, Dyson
MCKERNAN, Shaun
DUIGAN, Nicholas
PUOPOLO, Paul

SWAN, Dane
BOYD, Matthew
HOULI, Bachar
KERR, Daniel
SWALLOW, David
HARRIS, Daniel
ILES, Sam
ATLEY, Shaun
WALLIS, Mitch

COX, Dean
SEABY, Mark
BELLCHAMBERS, Tom
DERICKX, Tom

FRANKLIN, Lance
PAVLICH, Matthew
GOODES, Adam
GIANSIRACUSA, Daniel
HIGGINS, Shaun
JURRAH, Liam
DENNIS-LANE, Trent
KRAKOUER, Andrew
MZUNGU, Tendai
RICHARDSON, Cameron

All comments welcome, Please be as brutal as need be

Could you guys please give me some feedback on my initial list..

Backs...
Goddard, Deledio, C. Newman
Shaw H, Grimes J, Silvagni A, emergencies are S Tape, S Martin & N Duigan.

Forwards...
D Cross, K Jack, T Scully,
T Boak, D Thomas, S Hill, emergencies are D Swallow, A Gaff & R Conca.

Ruck...
D Jolly & D Petrie, emergencies are J Tippett and J Jenkins.

Forwards...
N Riewoldt, C Rioli, P Dangerfield, D Prestia,
K Tippett, S Gumbleton, S Day, emergencies are B Smedts, J Darling, I Callignan

Appreciate the feedback!

My team ATM, Far from a Supercoach expert or tragic, only had my 1st season last year.

GODDARD, Brendon
GIBBS, Bryce
DELEDIO, Brett
GRIMES, Jack
GRAM, Jason
ADCOCK, Jed
HEPPELL, Dyson
MCKERNAN, Shaun
DUIGAN, Nicholas
PUOPOLO, Paul

SWAN, Dane
BOYD, Matthew
HOULI, Bachar
KERR, Daniel
SWALLOW, David
HARRIS, Daniel
ILES, Sam
ATLEY, Shaun
WALLIS, Mitch

COX, Dean
SEABY, Mark
BELLCHAMBERS, Tom
DERICKX, Tom

FRANKLIN, Lance
PAVLICH, Matthew
GOODES, Adam
GIANSIRACUSA, Daniel
HIGGINS, Shaun
JURRAH, Liam
DENNIS-LANE, Trent
KRAKOUER, Andrew
MZUNGU, Tendai
RICHARDSON, Cameron

All comments welcome, Please be as brutal as need be

Backs: Okay but not convinced on Gram. Gwilt might be a unique choice. But still two Saints in backline?
Mids: Daniel Kerr a huge risk!. Houli a ball winner but not a star.
Heppell should be in mids. for MPP
Rucks: Seaby..Has improved but competing with Mumford for no. 1 spot
Forwards - Get rid of TDL. Will not play alot.
Overall could do a little reshuffle. Just my two bobs worth anyway.

Here is my team: Any feedback appreciated. Reasonably happy but only $13K left.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Grimes, Broughton, Otten, Toy (B.Smith, Duigan, Hibberd)
M: Swan, Cross, Hayes, J.Kennedy, D.Swallow, Heppell (Mungzu, Harris, Pittard)
R: Sandilands, Cox (Derrickx, Z.Smith)
F: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Higgins, M.Duncan, Krakourer, Richardson (Prestia, McKernan, Matera

Would really appreciate someone dissecting my team. Not really an expert so not confident in giving advised on other members team.

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Gilbee, N Krakouer, Otten, Heppell
Emg: Toy, Duigan, Puopolo

Midfield: Goddard, Swan, Judd, Selwood, D Swallow, Gaff
Emg: Harris, Prestia, Wallis,

Ruck: Sandilands, Jolly
Emg: Smith, Derrickx

Forward: N Reiwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Dangerfield, A Krakouer, Petrie, Mzungu,
Emg: Richardson, Talia, I Smith

Would really appreciate someone dissecting my team. Not really an expert so not confident in giving advised on other members team.

Forward: N Reiwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Dangerfield, A Krakouer, Petrie, Mzungu,
Your team is solid but there are a couple of things i would do without knowing exactly how much money you have left. I like the idea of a premium/rookie side with maybe the odd exception and for that reason i would drop N.Krakour from your side. I also think dangerfield is a player who you dont need to take a risk on. I recomend either downgrading them to rookies to then ungrade other parts of your side or if you have the cash upgrade them. thats my thoughts.

I'd love some feedback on my side and peoples thoughts.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Braughton, Otten, Heppell, Toy
EMG: Duigan, Hibberd, Puopolo

Midfield: Montagna, Murphy, Pendlebury, Bartel, Vince, Swallow
EMG: Gaff, Mckenzie, Savage

Rucks: Cox, Smith EMG: Petrie, Derickx

Forwards: Franklin, Rioli, Rievoldt, Goodes, Higgins, Krakour, Muzungu
EMG: Richardson, Prestia, Tapscott

Thoughts guys ? I have about 150k in the bank.

The midfield is where you will score the most points this year. That said, move Goddard to the backline to free up more space for your midfielders. Defence looks reasonable but would say find other replacements for Krakouer. He has done well in the past, but doenst look like he will improve in his avg sc score.

Move Heppell to the midfield, giving you the option in the MPP to move between the midfield and defence. Take out Gaff, not hearing to much positive stuff on this guy. Selwood has only gone higher in SC scores each year and it will be interesting to see how he goes now that Ablett is gone and he becomes the no.1 tag.

Forwards will be a headache this year. Few premiums are doing well in the pre season. Roo looks ready for a solid year, so does Franklin. Dangerfield is threatening to have a break-out year, but thats what was said last year. A worthy risk if it pays off. Higgins is another player that fits that description.

Petrie wont be available round 1 from susp, nor round 3 with North having the bye. Wait till just before round 5 before you get him in your team. That way you can evaluate how he has been performing just before his price will go up.

Good luck this year.

Can some people please give me some feedback on my team? For round 1..

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Duffield, Otten, Heppell
Emerg: Toy, Duigan, Puopolo.

Mids: Swan, Selwood, Priddis, Anthony, Melksham, Gaff
Emerg: Swallow, Harris, Hibberd.

Emerg: Smith, Derickx.

Forwards: Riewoldt, Didak, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Krakouer, Mzungu, Richardson
Emerg: Tapscott, Matera, Callinan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad