Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah fair enough, makes sense now. Mind you, I only found out what MPP meant today :eek:

My side FWIW:

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, R.Tarrant, Heppel (Puopolo, Hibberd, Duigan)
Mids - Swan, Boyd, Watson, Foley, Swallow, Harris (Iles, Atley, Wallis)
Rucks - Sandi, Cox (Smith, Derickx)
Forwards - Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Giansiracusa, Higgins, Jurrah (McKernan, Mzunga, Richardson)

I would only have one of Tarrant and Otten, Id go with Toy as a replacement for one of them, will score around the same and is 70k cheaper. Upgrade one of Watson and Foley to a genuine premium. Forward line is too much, downgrade one of Goodes, Gia or Higgins and get rid of Jurrah.

Mine team:

BACKS:Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Heppell, Toy (Duigan, Puopolo, Batchelor)
MIDS:Swan, Selwood, Montagna, Murphy, D.Swallow, Mzungu (Harris, Hibberd, Irons)
RUCKSSandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Mcauley)
FWDSRiewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Higgins, Krakouer, Prestia, Richardson (Matera, Darling, Mckernan)

I have 96K in the bank, I know my forwards are a little light on but with Chapman and Didak likely to be slow starters I see them as upgrade targets and I'm not overly keen on anyone else. Any suggestions?

Just wondering if you could just have a look and rate my side maybe suggest changes - thank you in advance.

Backs : Goddard Gibbs Bruce Deledio Hurn Otten Heppell ( Coad Toy McKernan

Mids : Swan Judd Bartell Goodes Krakouer Atley ( Swallow Bennell Hibberd )

Rucks : Ryder Smith ( Campbell Mculloch )

Forwards : Franklin Pavlich Brown J Riewoldt Johnson Gamble Mzungu ( Petrie Matera Dixon

Note: I have a few gold coast players reason being I am going to farm them and then trade them later in the season.

Also thinking of trading out Bruce and getting Jack Grimes in and then trading Riewoldt out and getting Didak in, reason for getting Bruce out is because his a bit old and in a more star studed line up. And for Riewoldt is because he hasn't had much pre season and other teams will probably be able to combat him better.

Thanks.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Bruce, Enright, Gilbee, Otten (puopolo, duigan, toy)

Mids: Swan, Krakouer, Swallow, Heppell, Harris, Mzungu (Atley, Smith, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Derickx)

Fwds: N Riewoldt, Franklin, Harvey, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Gamble (Richardson, Matera, Kerr)

*rookies subject to change

Otten has not shown anywhere near enough to indicate that he would be better off than a 100k player. There's no way he's going to become a premium player and a 180k cash cow would want to be a sure thing. He is not a sure thing.

For R. Tarrant the same applies.

Boak is no more a sure thing than any other similar priced mid, he will likely stay the same. You're better off getting someone in the 400-450k range if you want a mid priced guy who "might" become premium. Boak is no more likely to pull out 110s this year than a number of guys. Better and cheaper picks would be guys like Stanton, Thomas, J. McVeigh Sylvia or Thompson. Boak is a nothing pick caught halfway between premium and value. Better yet, look in the 300-400k for value with players in the 3rd, 4th or 5th seasons. When players go premium they generally jump up to 110 fast, not creep up from 95s. (Goddard went 70s to 110, Swan 70s to 100, Selwood 70s to 100, etc)

Polec is too much value for the bench. If he can't get on the field ahead of Harris you should probably pick another cow with a 100k price on his head.

Cox is playing in a shocking team coming off a shit year. His pre-season looks good but he hasn't played any ruck of note, with an underdone Jolly in his first game all that counts. And Jolly is a slow starter.

Chapman has injury worries, as well as a new coach to contend with. You don't pick two premiums from the same side in the same forward line, and Krakouer is going to fall like a stone.

If you ditch Otten, Tarrant, Krakouer, Polec and trade in Boak for Stanton or Thompson or McVeigh you can get yourself almost an extra 400k to throw at a genuine premuim player.

How's that? :p

Surely you're joking - you're assessment is valid in some respects, some huge assumptions though.

Although Otten isn't burning the house down, he is accumulating enough of the ball to suggest he will score in the 70-80 average and make enough cash.

R.Tarrant is flying and has scored well in his pre-season games.

Polec will most likely not be in my final side.

I can't see why anyone would knock Cox - Last year fair enough his pre-season was horrible, but he has been dominant this pre season.

Chapman is 50/50. It will be a choice of two between Rioli, Franklin and Chapman - after all their first bye at least is in the same round. Two I can cover but I wouldn't want any more.

Krakouer is very up in the air - Surprised no-one quoted me from a couple of months ago when I said I wouldn't pick him.

And you wrecked your whole post at the end by contemplating picking up Stanton or McViegh.

Anyways I've been cut short - I'll write a little something on your team later.

Clearly Pez only has Boak there to turn into Ablett after GC second bye. I am leaning Cassisi as a 4th mid to do the same.

That's my reasoning for Boak

Bout time I seen Gamble in a fwd line, bargain imo

Sure.

Leigh Montagna or Dal Santo collects in the midfield, look up and sees Riewoldt with 3 on him whilst Gamble is left alone in the square.

Saints player still decides to kick to Riewoldt because he's a gun.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Bruce, Enright, Gilbee, Otten (puopolo, duigan, toy)

Mids: Swan, Krakouer, Swallow, Heppell, Harris, Mzungu (Atley, Smith, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Derickx)

Fwds: N Riewoldt, Franklin, Harvey, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Gamble (Richardson, Matera, Kerr)

*rookies subject to change
Nice team. I don't see how gamble will score more then krakour so i would make that change. apart from that a really well balanced team imo assuming those midfield rookies play up to there obvious talents.

Love to know some thoughts on my 38th side i've put together.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Bock, Otten, Heppell
EMG: Toy, Duigan, Puopolo

Midfield: Chapman, Montagna, Murphy, pendlebury, Swallow, Harris
EMG: Pittard, Atley, Hibberd

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox
EMG: Derickx, Smith

Forwards: Rievoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Krakour, Muzungu, Richardon
EMG: Dixon, Prestia, Tapscott

love to know thoughts guys, thankyou in advance.

Return the favour with my evolved team (200k left over):

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Gilbee, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hunt (Toy, Hibberd, Puopolo)
C: A. Swallow, Pendlebury, Bartel, D. Swallow, Heppell, Polec (Atley, Wallis, Irons)
R: Cox, Ryder (Smith, Derickx)
F: Riewoldt, Didak, Jetta, Rioli, Goodes, Mzungu, Prestia (Richardson, Matera, Darling)

Hunt - as in Karmichael?
A lot of pressure on Ryder in your rucks.
Wouldn't have thought any one outside of Essendon supporters would have Jetta in their side.
Forwards very risky - Didak hasn't had a pre-season, Goodes looks to be playing forward, and Jetta is Jetta

Backs are strong but I think money could be spent elsewhere by downgrading Gilbee who has been on the decline over the last few years.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Bock, Otten, Heppell
EMG: Toy, Duigan, Puopolo

Midfield: Chapman, Montagna, Murphy, pendlebury, Swallow, Harris
EMG: Pittard, Atley, Hibberd

Forwards: Rievoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Krakour, Muzungu, Richardon
EMG: Dixon, Prestia, Tapscott

38th team and you still have Bock in there?
Apart from that and the rookies in which you will change closer to round 1, it looks like a pretty solid side.
With Rioli, Franklin and Mzunga in the Forward line though and no MPP options apart from Chapman who also has the bye, you need all your bench players to play round 6
you've also got 3 saints premiums also which will hurt come their bye.

38th team and you still have Bock in there?
Apart from that and the rookies in which you will change closer to round 1, it looks like a pretty solid side.
With Rioli, Franklin and Mzunga in the Forward line though and no MPP options apart from Chapman who also has the bye, you need all your bench players to play round 6
you've also got 3 saints premiums also which will hurt come their bye.
I think Bock being the dominent defender if fit will dominate. He's fittness goes without saying is he's weakness but when fit he scores higher then what a lake or anyother premium outside Goddard/Lids/Gibbs so your right a risk and i guess just need to keep an ear out for he's condition before deciding upon that. With bock then would you suggest i go with a similar priced player ie. Duffield, Birchall or with a cheaper improver ie. Wood, whitecross or go with another rookie ?
Yea with the bye i just buggered myself up, is it worth putting krakour into the midfield and then bringing in another rookie up forward instead for that scenerio ?

Would you then suggest getting rid of montagna for a midfielder from another side ?

Yep there are plenty of midfielders to choose from, even Chapman in your midfield is questionable. As a forward he may be worth the risk (no pre-season and poor run with injuries throughout career) however as a midfielder there are far safer options with very similar if not better averages. Maybe downgrade him to a Selwood and then look at a bulldog to take up Montagna's position to even up your side. You could even upgrade Pendlebury or Murphy to Swan or Judd respectively that way.

You have to remember when Bock was at his best Rutten and the other bloke whose name escapes me at the moment were holding downt he big men, so he was basically playing a loose man back. In such a young side he will have to play on someone.

Yep there are plenty of midfielders to choose from, even Chapman in your midfield is questionable. As a forward he may be worth the risk (no pre-season and poor run with injuries throughout career) however as a midfielder there are far safer options with very similar if not better averages. Maybe downgrade him to a Selwood and then look at a bulldog to take up Montagna's position to even up your side. You could even upgrade Pendlebury or Murphy to Swan or Judd respectively that way.

You have to remember when Bock was at his best Rutten and the other bloke whose name escapes me at the moment were holding downt he big men, so he was basically playing a loose man back. In such a young side he will have to play on someone.
Yea your right with Chapman, he was simply as that insurance for the backs and forwards swap. Do you recomend me putting in a Prestia/Krakour/Muzungu into my midfield for that flexibility ? Bock was playing on the franklins of this world even through that period but i do understand your POV i'm of the opinion he's the best CHB when fit and he uses the footy so well he's bound to score well but i certainly understand your thoughts. any recomendations in the backline who you would go after ?

thoughts ?
from the team posted just above i have made the following altercations.

H.Shaw for Bock
Prestia for Atley
Mckernan for Prestia
Chapman for Goodes
Boyd for Montagna
Bartel for Chapman

Thoughts ?

Boyd/Cross/Cooney ?
Chapman/Goodes/Didak ?
Shaw/Bock/Harbrow/Birchall/Duffield ?
Bartel worth saving the extra 80k instead of getting selwood ?
Is having 2 gun rucks absolutely critical ?
Murphy & Pendles vs Judd & Swan ? can they ourscore them ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, you could definitely do with an MPP in your mids.

Other back options are Enright (who should still score well), Hurn (who should score better than last year) or even a rookie then have money to bolster forward line.

On the above you will have the same problem come Round 6.
What it comes down to is you having to pick two out of Rioli, Franklin and Chapman

And teams have figured Heath Shaw out and therefore he isn't the player he once was.

On the above you will have the same problem come Round 6.
What it comes down to is you having to pick two out of Rioli, Franklin and Chapman

And teams have figured Heath Shaw out and therefore he isn't the player he once was.
haha still have 2 weeks of this to go.
Yea your right i thinnk i might go with goodes instead, gives me the insurance of swinging him into the midfield i need be which can be a nice saviour and with chappys pre season problems and goodes seemingly flying there might not be much of a difference between the 2. That then gives me an extra 130k to spend.
Who would you upgrade shaw to ?
Would you then upgrade bartel to selwood or can bartel score a similar average ?

Will reply to other peoples posts once a few come available. You have been busy Pez.

My team needs work, any help would be appreciated.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Enright, Otten, Cheney <Duigan, Puopolo, Toy>

Mids: Swan, Judd, Cross, Anthony, Heppell, Swallow <Harris, Wallis, McKernan>

Rucks: Sandi, Cox <Smith, Bailey>

Fwds: Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Higgins, Krakouer, Prestia, Mzungu <Matera, Richardson, Smith>

$128K left to spend. Cheney im not set on and wondering if i try for a mid-priced defender or a rookie? Also is Goodes worth it, or should i upgrade?

Thanks!

I don't think Bartel will get close to Selwood (I'm hoping 120-125plus from him)

With the Shaw upgrade, its a tough one to pick another premium outside of the main ones.

Enright has a question markl after last years fade off in the second half. Broughton and Duffield haven't played a full year. Newman's average is decreasing, Milburn is old, Johncock is injury prone, Bruce is in a new team, Scotland and Gilbee are averagin less than a few years ago.

That's why outside of the main ones, I've gone for rookies. But I'm sure you could pick one of the above and it could some off for you.

Hunt - as in Karmichael?
A lot of pressure on Ryder in your rucks.
Wouldn't have thought any one outside of Essendon supporters would have Jetta in their side.
Forwards very risky - Didak hasn't had a pre-season, Goodes looks to be playing forward, and Jetta is Jetta

Backs are strong but I think money could be spent elsewhere by downgrading Gilbee who has been on the decline over the last few years.

Yep, that hunt. He is as cheap as anyone, more likely to get games than anyone, and will generate enough cash to upgrade. I figure if I'm going for 4 cheap backs I will go for one of the safest picks in the lots.

Didak I will probably change depending how he goes tomorrow. Goodes will play forward but he is a chapmion and I expect he will grow in to the role more this year than last, putting out more even performances. I've like what I've seen of him this pre-season.

Jetta was smashing it in his last couple of games last year, hitting 5 of his 12 games in the 95-127 range. Having to deal with injury in that time as well. He has continued that improvement this pre-season, but has only looked better now the side is playing a tougher defensive game. He has been looking very sharp in his midfield rotations and though inconsistent at times he hasn't faded from games entirely for a while. And he's not likely to cop a hard tag from Baker every week... I'm sure you'll find quite a few other teams will have him, though I hope most stick with Krakouer. Gives me the competitive advantage.

Ryder will start the season faster out of the blocks than nearly all the other rucks, and unless I move on to Sandi he is the surest bet in the rucks. Mumford hasn't had much of a pre-season, Jolly or Jamar are no better at their best and worse at their worst, and who else is there?

Will reply to other peoples posts once a few come available. You have been busy Pez.

My team needs work, any help would be appreciated.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Enright, Otten, Cheney <Duigan, Puopolo, Toy>

Mids: Swan, Judd, Cross, Anthony, Heppell, Swallow <Harris, Wallis, McKernan>

Rucks: Sandi, Cox <Smith, Bailey>

Fwds: Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Higgins, Krakouer, Prestia, Mzungu <Matera, Richardson, Smith>

$128K left to spend. Cheney im not set on and wondering if i try for a mid-priced defender or a rookie? Also is Goodes worth it, or should i upgrade?

Thanks!

Decent team, something to work with..

BACKS: Looked like mine up until about 3 days ago (Deledio instead of Enright), look at Robbie Tarrant from North Melbourne. Will play 22 games (if fit) and looks like making a very good cash cow.

MIDS: Look good but as someone mentioned earlier, it is about picking the right combination of premiums, the rest is just bonuses. *McKernan in the mids? :cool:

RUCKS: Look at Derrickx or Nathan Vardy from Geelong who is reportedly highly rated down at the cattery.

FORWARDS: Top shelf looks good but drops away fairly quickly, probably look to upgrade one of the rookies perhaps. I think people need to take a risk on one of Knights, Vezpremi, Gamble, Hale or John Anthony this year, it is just which one will do the best job.

Overall, pretty good starting team..

This is an updated team and quite possibly the last one I post on here.

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, R.Tarrant, Heppel (Coad, Toy, Duigan)

Mids - Swan, Judd, Selwood, Boak, Swallow, Harris (Polec, Hibberd, Smith)

Forwards - Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Krakouer, Prestia, Richardson (Matera, Mzunga, R.Kerr)

Don't pay too much attention to rookies.

Looks like a decent team Pez. Fairly similar to mine in fact.

Would love to get Robbie Tarrant in there, but not sure how to get him in.

Still, pretty bloody happy with my team, perhaps only bad thing is picking Bartell & Selwood in the mids. Selwood should be placed upon the top few by years end, whilst Bartell at that price is too good a value to pass over for (thought/thinking about Josh Kennedy, Matthew Pavlich, Travis Boak, Scott Thompson).

Couple of rookies people dont seem to talk about to much, but I am going to keep these cards close to my chest any ways :D

godd,gibbs,deli,brought,scotland,grime,otten......toy,duig,hibb.
gunshow backline:D

pendles,.boyd,bartel,masten,d.swallow,polec...heppel,haris,wailis
half cocked midfield:confused:

sandi,cox.....z.smith,derikx
gunshow ruck:D

rioli,sylvia,r.murph,zakharis,l.davis,petrie,a.krak....mzung,richdson,prestia
gimpfest fwdline:eek: yet profitable?
$53k rem
be entertained just threw this (weird) team in so someone could slap this idea out of my head

Originally Posted by ThePezDispenser

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, R.Tarrant, Heppel (Coad, Toy, Duigan)

Forwards - Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Krakouer, Prestia, Richardson (Matera, Mzunga, R.Kerr)

Looks like a strong team, not much wrong with the rookies either.
Watch for Chapman though who is playing his first pre season hit out this weekend and may be coming into the season a bit under-done. My thinking is to watch him and hope to get him cheaper later on.
Rioli is an interesting one. He is very tempting but can have quiet SC days but lots of upside.
I like Boak in there as he wont be in most teams and is a point of difference.

This is my first post.
I have been looking at this forum for ideas and just seeing what other people are thinking for a couple of years now and have finally got on board!
Love some Feedback on my team.
This is my 3rd year playing, finished top 1500 both years so let me know if i can jump in anyones league if there is a spot available : )

Backs: Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Enright - Grimes - Cheney - Otten
reserves: Duigan - Toy - Puopolo

Mids: Selwood - Montagna - Pendlebury - Kennedy - Harris - Mzungu
reserves: Swallow - Wallis - Heppell

Rucks: Sandilands - Cox
reserves: Smith - Derickx

Forwards: Riewoldt - Franklin - Goodes - Higgins - Knights - Krakouer - Richardson
reserves: Prestia - Matera - Smith

I realise my mids are not as strong as other teams but i see the mids being the best place to upgrade when i can cash in my cash cows. Kennedy is a risk but im taking the punt.
Same with Cheney. I'm not sold on him but he has had a solid pre season and looks to be getting games so we'll see how it goes!

Originally Posted by ThePezDispenser

Looks like a strong team, not much wrong with the rookies either.
Watch for Chapman though who is playing his first pre season hit out this weekend and may be coming into the season a bit under-done. My thinking is to watch him and hope to get him cheaper later on.
Rioli is an interesting one. He is very tempting but can have quiet SC days but lots of upside.
I like Boak in there as he wont be in most teams and is a point of difference.

This is my first post.
I have been looking at this forum for ideas and just seeing what other people are thinking for a couple of years now and have finally got on board!
Love some Feedback on my team.
This is my 3rd year playing, finished top 1500 both years so let me know if i can jump in anyones league if there is a spot available : )

Backs: Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Enright - Grimes - Cheney - Otten
reserves: Duigan - Toy - Puopolo

Mids: Selwood - Montagna - Pendlebury - Kennedy - Harris - Mzungu
reserves: Swallow - Wallis - Heppell

Rucks: Sandilands - Cox
reserves: Smith - Derickx

Forwards: Riewoldt - Franklin - Goodes - Higgins - Knights - Krakouer - Richardson
reserves: Prestia - Matera - Smith

I realise my mids are not as strong as other teams but i see the mids being the best place to upgrade when i can cash in my cash cows. Kennedy is a risk but im taking the punt.
Same with Cheney. I'm not sold on him but he has had a solid pre season and looks to be getting games so we'll see how it goes!
I like your side but i think you can save some cash on cheney by getting a rookie who will atleast break even with him because at the end of the day he is a stopper. i also think you can downgrade either knights or higgins to a rookie for another premium ie. chapman or someone of this ilk but i'm knit picking looks a good side.

haha another crack from myself would like ppls thoughts

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy
EMG: Faulks, Duigan, Puopolo

Mids: Selwood, Murphy, Pendlebry, Boyd, Boak, Swallow
EMG: Harris, Prestia, Hibberd

Forwards: Rievoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Krakour, Muzungu, Richardson
EMG: Tapscott, Mckernan, Dixon

Thoughts guys ? thanks.

Cheney can definitely be downgraded.

And you must get rid of one of Higgins or Knights in the forward line - Far too risky with both of these injury prone players.

Also wouldn't mind Kennedy upgrade even though others have high hopes of him, I can't see him averaging 110 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back