Ratten just signed with the Blues- Definite

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite right. We've had no cause to question such things in the past. Why start now.
Three cheers for Ratts.........Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah.

P.S. I think Goodard might be coming to Carlton after his next contract expires.;)
:O You have the same source I have! He also informed me that Judd is not happy and is coming over to play with us, and he's bringing along Kerr, Staker and Hunter with him:)

:O You have the same source I have! He also informed me that Judd is not happy and is coming over to play with us, and he's bringing along Kerr, Staker and Hunter with him:)

He can leave Kerr behind...

We dont have any boys who like their party drugs at the club anymore. So we dont need him as a connection.

He can leave Kerr behind...

We dont have any boys who like their party drugs at the club anymore. So we dont need him as a connection.
Your in luck, a reliable source has just told me Kerr is staying with West Coast:p

Why is everyone so excited about Brett Ratten signing? He has a career record of 0-3 as an AFL coach, and all signs point to his finishing the year 0-6.

Not just that, but he's barely been on the radar for other clubs. I don't think he'd be in the running if he wasn't a former Carlton player, but the league simply doesn't work like that any more. You can't just reward the old boys by giving them jobs for life (a la Kernahan), and you can't just scratch an old mates back and give him a coaching job he doesn't deserve, without exercising due process and exhausting all options.

Bomber Thompson is still out of contract for next year, I believe. Neale Daniher is a proven top-level coach who is a available. Kevin Sheedy is available. Guy McKenna, Mark Harvey - all still in the running. I find it difficult to believe that all the options have been looked at in this process.

It true, its another example of how the Carlton football club are STILL stuck in the 1980s...

Why is everyone so excited about Brett Ratten signing? He has a career record of 0-3 as an AFL coach, and all signs point to his finishing the year 0-6.

Not just that, but he's barely been on the radar for other clubs. I don't think he'd be in the running if he wasn't a former Carlton player, but the league simply doesn't work like that any more. You can't just reward the old boys by giving them jobs for life (a la Kernahan), and you can't just scratch an old mates back and give him a coaching job he doesn't deserve, without exercising due process and exhausting all options.

Bomber Thompson is still out of contract for next year, I believe. Neale Daniher is a proven top-level coach who is a available. Kevin Sheedy is available. Guy McKenna, Mark Harvey - all still in the running. I find it difficult to believe that all the options have been looked at in this process.

It true, its another example of how the Carlton football club are STILL stuck in the 1980s...

Melbouren were quite keen to get him as coach for 2008

Believe it or not, but all the options have been looked at. Swann said they had interviewed everyone they wanted to.

Whether or not this rumour is just coming about because he pulled out of the Dees job, and this person is jumping to an assumption that seems logical, or whether it has happened.......time will tell.:thumbsu:

Do you all think Ratten is the best option for the Blues ?

Of all available , and possibly not quite as available , coaching talent about , I find it difficult to believe the best man for the job was already there .

Then again I suppose the Swans are a good case in point .

Quite right. We've had no cause to question such things in the past. Why start now.
Three cheers for Ratts.........Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah.

P.S. I think Goodard might be coming to Carlton after his next contract expires.;)

Yeah, we'll snag him after the end of the 2009 season. Awesome! :D ;)

Do you all think Ratten is the best option for the Blues ?

Of all available , and possibly not quite as available , coaching talent about , I find it difficult to believe the best man for the job was already there .

Then again I suppose the Swans are a good case in point .

He was rated very highly at Melbourne, just as McKenna is at Collingwood.

So does he work at the CFC

or works in the surrounds of Carlton???

what's his name?
It would have to be one of the three Source brothers who work for the Blues. They of course are Reliable, Trustworthy and Board.

I think their Uncles Rock-Solid and Undoubted come in and do some volunteer work from time to time as well, so it could possibly be one of them however.

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rasts has been signed. just got of the phone with Ralph Carr but wont get announced tlll the end of the season.

If Ralph has loose lips as you suggest - He wouldn't want RP to find out out. He was quite clear he wouldn't put up with a return to the past few years of board members opening their mouths on club matters until they have been formerly announced.

Who thinks Ratts will get a 3 year deal?

Sounds like a decent time IMO. Next year to find his feet, to get things sorted. Next year, i'm not expecting much more, other than a sorting out and a fresh beginning. We will not be playing finals next year, as next year is simply a new start.

The year after things can start to happen. 3 years time, is the team's time to shine.

I really think it takes 2-3 years for a team to start succeeding under a new coach and a new game plan. It will not happen next year.

Wow. Just saw a clip of Fevola talking about Ratts.

One thing is clear - Ratten has the respect of the players. Fev's eyes lit up when he spoke about him. I haven't seen that from Fev in a long long time. Every single player they ask, just gets so excited when they think about wanting Ratts as the coach. It's all about respect - respect for the coach, respect for self, respect for the jumper. Ratts knows how to instill that about Carlton, and i believe that he will do that. Him being an ex-Carlton player is certainly not a negative thing, i do not understand why people are making it out to be such.

I think it's a very good sign. The respect will be back next year :)

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten just signed with the Blues- Definite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back