Ratten just signed with the Blues- Definite

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you all think Ratten is the best option for the Blues ?

Of all available , and possibly not quite as available , coaching talent about , I find it difficult to believe the best man for the job was already there .

Then again I suppose the Swans are a good case in point .

Who knows how a young coach will work out ..I'm sure Geelong, Sydney, Kangaroos, and Hawthorn had no idea how well their appointments would pan out ...it's a case of suck and see .

If Greg Swan "went out and got his man", then I would suggest
that Guy McKenna would be the next appointed coach at Carlton.

As I've said before, my mail is that Ratten was not that good
at Norwood (EFL D2) and hasn't served long enough as assistant
to be able to lift Carlton off the canvas.

McKenna's your man

McKenna's your man

How long did Leigh Matthews serve as an assistant before he lifted Collingwood off the canvas?:rolleyes:

2 yrs - Do we not learn ?

3 years is standard enough, isnt it? Especially for a first time contract.

The problem with pagan's last 3 year contract is that it was handed out after a mickey mouse win at the start of the last year of the contract, giving him 4 more years at the time. There was no real need to do that; if only they had waited until mid-season when we wre sitting on the bottom of the ladder.

How long did Leigh Matthews serve as an assistant before he lifted Collingwood off the canvas?:rolleyes:

Point noted, but Leigh Matthews was a different kettle of fish as
opposed to Brett Ratten.

It just made sense to me that the affiliation that Greg Swan had
at Collingwood and his knowledge on McKenna, that he has
the inside running.

Who make the appointment and how much sway does Swan have ?

at Norwood (EFL D2)
and hasn't served long enough as assistant

McKenna's your man

Your mail is way off then. Talk to anyone near the club and they will chew your eyes off about how great he was. As will those at Melbourne.

As to the OP, I think you've jumped the gun. Hopefully will eventuate soon though, Brett is just what the Blues need IMO.

""We have identified a bloke and gone out and got him," Swann said." ,

Doesnt sound like Ratten does it?

Sounds like your reading too much in to one comment. If we have appointed Ratten, do you think he would have said "We have identified a bloke and gone down to the club rooms and got him"?

wot a scoop..Ratten as Carlton Coach...wow who'd have thought...when Hutchy broke the story last night on the FS...I thought could this be true but now we have it from well this source it must be true

Sounds like your reading too much in to one comment. If we have appointed Ratten, do you think he would have said "We have identified a bloke and gone down to the club rooms and got him"?

Do you think that if Ratten was the one "identified" then the appointment would have been made already.......Why is this sensitive information
and why would Swan make such comments.

Sounds like all those Carlton supporters are happy with Ratten based on
the honourable losses of recent, but this is not a winning culture, one that your club requires urgently and from outside the club, not frrom within.

I'll stand by my view - McKenna's you man

It would have to be one of the three Source brothers who work for the Blues. They of course are Reliable, Trustworthy and Board.

I think their Uncles Rock-Solid and Undoubted come in and do some volunteer work from time to time as well, so it could possibly be one of them however.

;)

Gold:D:D

McKenna's your man

If he's so good, why are you so keen to get rid of him?

Never been keen on McKenna myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold:D:D

If he's so good, why are you so keen to get rid of him?

Never been keen on McKenna myself.

I'm happy to keep McKENNA actually, but I don't have
those influences. From what I can gather, he is very
professional individual who has come through the system
under Mick Malthouse as a player, now as an assistance
coach. I've got this thing with backline generals....

McKenna, Worsforld, Laidley.......all played under Malthouse

I'll ask you this question ? What is it with Ratten ?
What has he done ? He is the only undertaker coach
to not have won a game (and tanking is not the issue)

I'm happy to keep McKENNA actually, but I don't have
those influences. From what I can gather, he is very
professional individual who has come through the system
under Mick Malthouse as a player, now as an assistance
coach. I've got this thing with backline generals....

McKenna, Worsforld, Laidley.......all played under Malthouse

I'll ask you this question ? What is it with Ratten ?
What has he done ? He is the only undertaker coach
to not have won a game (and tanking is not the issue)

What is it with Ratten?

many supporters think with their heart rather than their heads. this is not a knocking of ratten as he has a lot of good qualities as a caoch.

Tank36 raises a good point

if ratten is so good why have we not got a win yet in the 3 games to date when other teams have. (i know we still have 3 rd's to go and 3 wins may come in these weeks)

McKenna's your man
Your mail is dead wrong. Norwood think the world of him- has absolutely transformed the club in the time he was there.

What is it with Ratten?

many supporters think with their heart rather than their heads. this is not a knocking of ratten as he has a lot of good qualities as a caoch.

Tank36 raises a good point

if ratten is so good why have we not got a win yet in the 3 games to date when other teams have. (i know we still have 3 rd's to go and 3 wins may come in these weeks)
Because we have a very inexperienced team and have played 3 sides who are all in finals contention but ran them close each week.

Because we have a very inexperienced team and have played 3 sides who are all in finals contention but ran them close each week.

That's exactly my point.

You're confusing honourable losses with wins, however, try going through
22 rounds and losing by 2 goals each week.

I'm glad the supporters don't get to choose the coach.

Have a friggin look at the sides that we have played and there respective positions on the ladder. Saint Kilda just out of the 8 however had/ have momentum, Pies were sitting top 4, Port at AAMI sitting top 3. Little bit different to playing bottom 4 sides.

Tank 36, just out of interest Why is Leigh Matthews a different kettle of fish? Hindsight is a beautiful thing. Ratten is a fantastic student of the game. Had apprenticeships as a player (progressed from back pocket to premier centreman from the mid 90's - early 2000's. Highly respected at Melbourne before going on to coach 2 seperate teams. Hasn't put a foot wrong. Sure he hasn't won a game yet but how many have McKenna (and Bond for that matter) won????

That's exactly my point.

You're confusing honourable losses with wins, however, try going through
22 rounds and losing by 2 goals each week.

I'm glad the supporters don't get to choose the coach.

It's got to do with picking the best available. Even though they are losses we are still seeing what he is able to acheive with this group of players against finals opposition.

How's McKenna going under the spotlight? (No idea, because he 'aint coaching his own team)

collingwood in the last 3 weeks have been horrible and were ripe for the picking
smashed by bisbane @ MCG by 93 points
beat carlton
loss to richmond

st kilda were in good form but since beating us they have had a draw and a loss, their form wasn't that great.

port was a good effort but we played 1 quarter of football, when the game was there to be won we went missing.

It's got to do with picking the best available. Even though they are losses we are still seeing what he is able to acheive with this group of players against finals opposition.

How's McKenna going under the spotlight? (No idea, because he 'aint coaching his own team)

We'll see tonight when the Pies come out to play.......

BTW, hows Barry Mitchell new office ? Why wasn't he given
the opportunity to caretake before Ratten ?
More to it than meets the eye

Good luck with it all. I'm not here to pick fights, nor am I trolling
as you can probably gather from my posts.

Just think IMO, that Greg Swan has a different agenda and that
Ratten is not part of it......

Have a friggin look at the sides that we have played and there respective positions on the ladder. Saint Kilda just out of the 8 however had/ have momentum, Pies were sitting top 4, Port at AAMI sitting top 3. Little bit different to playing bottom 4 sides.

Tank 36, just out of interest Why is Leigh Matthews a different kettle of fish? Hindsight is a beautiful thing. Ratten is a fantastic student of the game. Had apprenticeships as a player (progressed from back pocket to premier centreman from the mid 90's - early 2000's. Highly respected at Melbourne before going on to coach 2 seperate teams. Hasn't put a foot wrong. Sure he hasn't won a game yet but how many have McKenna (and Bond for that matter) won????

there is no doubt that ratten is hightly respected, but why did ratten leave melbourne?
there is still talk he had issues with daniher and was the major reason he left.

ratten has coached carlton for 3 weeks and had 1 year coaching a suburban league team.

mckenna has coached claremont in the WAFL and all the reports from there are positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten just signed with the Blues- Definite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back