Ratten To Be Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why the negativity on Lyon. This is a coach who took a good average Freo team within a couple of goals of beating what some regard one of greatest teams. Then a toe poke and bad bounce from being a dual Prem coach. Saints believed Ratten was not to the man so who else is better qualified than Lyon. I’d say sfa.
Well there you go.

I will always savour freos 2012-5 finals run and here is why....

Just look and compare freos finals 2012-5 finals run to how many times Freo made finals between 1995-2011.

Between 1995-2011, dockers made finals only 3 times out of 17: 2003, 2006 and 2010.

Only won 2 finals in that whole 17 year period from 1995-2011

A major talking point at the Bombers was how would the female staff and AFLW team feel about having a CEO with anti abortion views.

Wonder how Saints female staff and AFLW team feel about how the mens head coach having a history of sexually harassing female staff, commenting on their “budding boobies” when preggers and his club paying 100k to sweep the issue under the rug.

Half the 2009-2010 are on their knees begging him to coach them again. He’s a master coach and manager

Contrary to what people may think, he is a man of high integrity and emotional intelligence. When he left, he was within his rights due to a contract clause.

He is clearly not a man of high integrity, that is laughable.

He is clearly not a man of high integrity, that is laughable.
yep, the issue for me and a lot of blues fans wasn't his ability as a coach, it was the off-field baggage, which was only confirmed by the way he refused to interview for the job while running a a public pick me pick me campaign on TV and radio.

in footy matters a definite upgrade to Ratten, if that's all that matters to St Kilda.

yep, the issue for me and a lot of blues fans wasn't his ability as a coach, it was the off-field baggage, which was only confirmed by the way he refused to interview for the job while running a a public pick me pick me campaign on TV and radio.

in footy matters a definite upgrade to Ratten, if that's all that matters to St Kilda.
I don't know that he's a definite upgrade to Ratten, as Ross never really built a team like Ratten had to, Freo and St Kilda were primed and ready to go when Lyon got there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me it isnt true they arent seriously considering Ross Lyon are they?

Surely not.
Essendon wanted him, Carlton wanted him, North wanted him if Clarkson wasn't available.

As weird as it sounds for him to go back to St Kilda, and as much as I don't rate him as a coach - I don't think it's totally bizarre that he's the guy they want.

Contrary to what people may think, he is a man of high integrity and emotional intelligence. ...

If one wanders over to the St Kilda board around the time he left, they were scathing in their assessment of his integrity and EQ. I guess time heals all wounds.

I'd like to see St Kilda win a flag

Same. Not sure Lyon is the man to get them there.

It's a fascinating decision in the sense that he has obviously shown he is a smart coach, can get teams playing for him etc... The game has moved on from what it was when he was coaching (and I put my hand up and say it was a terrible brand if you didn't follow his teams). Can he re-invent his coaching to cater for where the game is at today? Time will tell.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Lyon was approached by St Kilda well before Ess and North jobs came up. His ambivalent attitude to both and not wanting to be subjected to “the process” may have been because he felt he was a good show for the St K job and/or was worried he’d have to reveal the St K situation as part of “the process” , which would have been highly confidential at the time.

This is it for the Saints.
If their messiah can’t lead them to the holy grail then they are well and truly stuffed. Nowhere to go from there.

Shown to be a very good coach tactically.

Question marks on his ability to communicate well with younger players.

And he’s starting with a bog ordinary list. Nothing like the group he took over to have good success with first time round at the Saints.

I don't know that he's a definite upgrade to Ratten, as Ross never really built a team like Ratten had to, Freo and St Kilda were primed and ready to go when Lyon got there.
Freo were hardly primed and ready to push for a flag.

They finished with 9 wins at 11th the year before he arrived. They improved dramatically under him and that side was nothing special on paper.

They were much closer to a champion team then they were a team of champions.

Lyon did wonders with that side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back