Ratten To Be Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints if you want Ross the Boss make sure you don't overlook the small details and don't make any mistakes.

Never look in anyone else's direction, wine and dine him, buy him flowers, always open the car door, just make him feel special đź’•
I reckon you guys might regret not doing that once Scott's tenure is over

Who was out playing golf when he was being paid a fortune to be, you know, coaching a football club?

Seemed to think he could coach us in his spare time and we’d be OK with it.
I thought it was because he was too hard with the players. What was Ratten's issue, was it because he was too kind with the players.
Difficult club to please as a coach, it seems.

I thought it was because he was too hard with the players. What was Ratten's issue, was it because he was too kind with the players.
Difficult club to please as a coach, it seems.
No, as far as I’m aware it was because he seemed to think he could do it in his spare time essentially. Wasn’t there enough.

And yes, it seems very clear that the issue with Ratts was that he was too soft, not ruthless enough, not demanding enough, didn’t set high enough standards.

Hence his team being super-flaky.

I hope we get him just for the melts. It'll be so hard for the flogs in the media after sucking his dick for 3 years to go hard on him

strap yourselves in

Brad Scott the definition of a bog average coach will be another worsfold won’t take them anywhere. Ross the boss any day over him
Ross “The Sexual Harassing Boss” Lyon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree mate, like my old man used to say 'nothing happened if you pay 'em to keep their mouth shut!'.
It's well published in the media what happened. It's not something you'd be charged over, not great behaviour but I don't think he deserves to be banished from the industry as a result.

Ross Lyon would only be using the Saints as a stepping stone to the next big money offer that came along. If they take him back after the duplicitous way he treated them before then they deserve to be treated with contempt again.

Ross Lyon would only be using the Saints as a stepping stone to the next big money offer that came along. If they take him back after the duplicitous way he treated them before then they deserve to be treated with contempt again.
A three time grand final coach if you didn’t at least consider him for your vacant coaching job then your not doing your job

Whoever takes up the role will be a dead man walking. The list isn't good enough to be a contender and they clearly need to move on from some players and hit the draft. You need a few real guns to contend, they guys they brought in via trade are B graders, and their 1st round picks from the last decade include:
Wanganeen
King (gun)
Clark
Coffield
Gresham
McCartin (gone)
Goddard (gone)
Billings
Dunstan (gone)
Acres (gone)

Compare that with Melbourne and the Bulldogs who are two recent teams who rebuilt and won a flag/made the GF.

Dogs 1st rounders in the last decade include:
Darcy
Ugle-Hagan
Weightman
Bailey Smith
Naughton
Richards
English
Bont
Stringer (gone)
Macrae

Darcy is a #2 pick that was gifted to Bulldogs - like a number of their current players - as a father son selection.

JUH is a #1 pick that was gifted to them via the Academy.

Neither of them were players anyone would hesitate about selecting.

Fair play though the rest were well picked, although their reps have been further enhanced by playing in a good team.

McCartin and Billings were clear errors, and we let the dude that picked them go about 3 years ago. McCartin and Goddard were unlucky with injuries, Clark and Gresham ditto, Dunstan and Acres were poorly developed - like most of the current list IMO.

For me, many in the St Kilda list in the last 10 years have suffered from awful development, substandard coaching, a non-professional training environment and not playing in a gun team - hard as it is to say, I often wonder how their careers would have planned out had they been drafted by another club.

I am hoping that improves, as of this week.

Not sure why the negativity on Lyon. This is a coach who took a good average Freo team within a couple of goals of beating what some regard one of greatest teams. Then a toe poke and bad bounce from being a dual Prem coach. Saints believed Ratten was not to the man so who else is better qualified than Lyon. I’d say sfa.

Not sure why the negativity on Lyon. This is a coach who took a good average Freo team within a couple of goals of beating what some regard one of greatest teams. Then a toe poke and bad bounce from being a dual Prem coach. Saints believed Ratten was not to the man so who else is better qualified than Lyon. I’d say sfa.
A lot of bored folks who hadn’t had anything to be outraged about for a bit, so this has given them their fix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten To Be Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back