Ratten To Be Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to love that the saints supporters who have been bagging Lyons out for years and years and moaning how he left their list in a dire mess by not blooding the kids …all the sudden now he’s the messiah and it was all the board’s fault that Lyon went to Freo to chase more money as he was broke at the time due to bad investments ….where he eventually did the same thing at Freo list wise

Hilarious

Absolute hyperbole crap

"Career killing stuff"

He seems to be developing pretty well.

To kick 50 goals as a 22 year old (something only Buddy and Cameron were able to do in terms of current players) shows how well he has developed over the last couple of years.

Can't see his career being killed any time soon and I doubt he goes anywhere
Jack Riewoldt kicked 78 in 2010 before he turned 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to love that the saints supporters who have been bagging Lyons out for years and years and moaning how he left their list in a dire mess by not blooding the kids …all the sudden now he’s the messiah and it was all the board’s fault that Lyon went to Freo to chase more money as he was broke at the time due to bad investments ….where he eventually did the same thing at Freo list wise

Hilarious
What I find hilarious is that some are so stupid that they don’t seem capable of comprehending the fact that “supporter bases” don’t in fact all share the same opinion, and that some can be wildly opposed to an idea that others think is the best idea ever.

For instance, there were huge percentages of supporters at the respective clubs who wanted Damien Hardwick sacked from Richmond, before he went on to coach that club to 3 flags and counting, there were loads who wanted Nathan Buckley sacked the year before he got Collingwood within a freak kick by Sheed of a premiership, and there are loads who support your very club who kept telling everyone how shit Chris Scott was, before he coached the team to a dominant premiership win this year, while I’m sure there were others who supported those clubs who backed them in and didn’t want them sacked.

The fact I have to explain this to you boggles my mind.

Those who are hugely for getting Ross back are probably the ones who never wanted him gone in the first place.

There are others who are saying they won’t renew their memberships if he comes back, who are probably- guess what- the ones you described above.

Then there are others still- like me- who knew that he had some serious strengths, but also had some serious weaknesses, who are much more on the fence with the idea of him coming back.

Last edited:
What I find hilarious is that some are so stupid that they don’t seem capable of comprehending the fact that “supporter bases” don’t in fact all share the same opinion, and that some can be wildly opposed to an idea that others think is the best idea ever.

For instance, there were huge percentages of supporters at the respective clubs who wanted Damien Hardwick sacked from Richmond, before he went on to coach that club to 3 flags and counting, there were loads who wanted Nathan Buckley sacked the year before he got Collingwood within a freak kick by Sheed of a premiership, and there are loads who support your very club who kept telling everyone how s**t Chris Scott was, before he coached the team to a dominant premiership win this year, while I’m sure there were others who supported those clubs who backed them in and didn’t want them sacked.

The fact I have to explain this to you boggles my mind.

Those who are hugely for getting Ross back are probably the ones who never wanted him gone in the first place.

There are others who are saying they won’t renew their memberships if he comes back, who are probably- guess what- the ones you described above.

Then there are others still- like me- who knew that he had some serious strengths, but also had some serious weaknesses, who are much more on the fence with the idea of him coming back.
“ the saints supporters Who have been bagging Lyon for years”

Did I say all supporters you nimrod…but it’s still amusing watching you clowns try and re write his history at the club by laying the blame on the previous board

I don’t necessarily think Ross is a bad coach he’s decent, but is just absolutely not suited to this Saints situation right now. Gee whiz how good do they think their list is? I have no doubt he will get some decent results out of them and probably finish around the 8 or in the 8 a couple of times but he is, categorically, not winning a flag with this side. They’re a mile off being within a sniff of the top sides.

I’m genuinely bewildered that the fans are happy with this? Ross will not undertake the rebuild they need - This pretty much guarantees 4-5 years of middling results before an absolute drop off for the ages, and pretty much guarantees irrelevancy, or worse, for the better part of the next decade I’d have thought. If middling results was what they’re aiming for they should have just kept Ratten & their current list management strategy it’s doing just fine 😂

I’d genuinely be ropable as a saints fan rn but hey good luck to them. Would rather see the downfall of genuinely terribly people like Clarko/Fagan and their sides well before wishing any harm on the Sainters but * they do it to themselves, just can’t help it 😂
I think the club are extremely well aware of where the list is at, which is precisely why we haven’t been heavily involved in trading over the last two offseasons, and were mainly focused on hitting the draft, and having a crack at free agency (where we wouldn’t have to trade any of our picks if we landed someone like De Goey).

If we thought the list was better than it is we’d still be trading away picks, to top-up with mature-aged guys. But we simply haven’t, for two years now.

We do clearly believe that there are a number of guys on our list that Ratts wasn’t getting the best out of consistently though, which is a big part of the reason he’s gone.

If there’s one guy who knows how to get the best out of guys it’s Lyon, so we’ll now hopefully see just we’ve got, if we do in fact sign him.

If the list is as bad as some are suggesting, I’d hate to think how bad some lists are, if ours was good enough to get us to 8-3 this year and beat teams like Geelong, Freo (away) and blow Richmond off the park.

Then there’s another factor that those saying what you’re saying seem to be completely overlooking, and that is the fact that due to us not having the “superstars” of some other teams, we have this thing called ‘salary cap space’ that most of the teams you say we won’t be able to compete with don’t have.

So if Ross for instance is able to get this team playing the sort of footy we were playing when we were 8-3 this year more consistently, we’ll then be a much more attractive destination for the De Goey types, who want to go to a club that’s playing finals.

I reckon there would be almost no-one who barracks for St Kilda who thinks that we currently have the list that has what it takes to win a premiership, but with loads of cap space up our sleeves, and another top 10 pick this year, that could change pretty quickly.

Last edited:
“ the saints supporters Who have been bagging Lyon for years”
Who are they? Let’s have some names.

Did I say all supporters you nimrod…but it’s still amusing watching you clowns try and re write his history at the club by laying the blame on the previous board
“Nimrods and clowns” so now you’re lumping me in with the group you say is trying to re-write history and laying the blame on the previous board.

Please show me evidence of me having done that.

If you don’t have it, then it appears as if you are very much lumping everyone in together, like you claim above you aren’t doing.

And that you are in fact as stupid as I suggested.

I’ll wait here for some names and evidence.

Who are they? Let’s have some names.

“Nimrods and clowns” so now you’re lumping me in with the group you say is trying to re-write history and laying the blame on the previous board.

Please show me evidence of me having done that.

If you don’t have it, then it appears as if you are very much lumping everyone in together, like you claim above you aren’t doing.

And that you are in fact as stupid as I suggested.

I’ll wait here for some names and evidence.
Dry your eyes clown and have a lie down

It’ll give you time to think about the next re write of Lyon’s next stint at the saints when he leaves you again in ruins

Dry your eyes clown and have a lie down

It’ll give you time to think about the next re write of Lyon’s next stint at the saints when he leaves you again in ruins
So you’ve got nothing but pathetic and childish insults on an anonymous forum.

An “internet tough guy”, with a brain the size of a pea.

Just as I suspected.

So you’ve got nothing but pathetic and childish insults on an anonymous forum.

An “internet tough guy”, with a brain the size of a pea.

Just as I suspected.
Well to be fair you were the one throwing around the insults first with your tantrum

But I’m a nice guy and here’s a internet hug seeing how emotional you are getting over your hero Lyon

Hilarious
“Does that make sense?”

Well to be fair you were the one throwing around the insults first with your tantrum

But I’m a nice guy and here’s a internet hug seeing how emotional you are getting over your hero Lyon
I was just calling out your stupidity that you still haven’t provided and names or evidence that it doesn’t exist.

I’ll keep waiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten To Be Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back