Preview Rd 10 2013: Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember leading up to the 03' Grand Final the entire panel on the footy show, including all their guests, tipped Collingwood to win.

Robert Walls was the only one who backed us. Funny the random things that stick with you.

I remember watching that taped episode of the Footy Show on the Lions bus trip back to Brisbane from Melbourne after the grand final. That was very enjoyable.

Brown getting one week, let alone two is a ridiculous decision.

I agreed to a sig/avatar bet yesterday thinking that Browny would get a simple reprimand, not one, let alone two weeks.

Intentional as McPharlin's knee to Brown's cheek...

I think we need a clear strategy...
Which would you use?

1. Safe (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Michael. In: Longer, Clark, Karnezis, Banfield)

2. Tall Runners (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Green, Lisle. In: Longer, Clark, Karnezis, Paperone, Crisp)

3. Tall (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Green. In: Longer, Clark, Paperone, Cornelius)

4. Fast (out: Leuey, Brown, Rockliff, Lisle. In: Longer, Banfield, Harwood, Bartlett)

5. Expected (out: Leuey, Brown, Rockliff. In: Karnezis, Clark, Longer)

Which one would you do? 1? 2? 3? 4? 5?

I went with 5 earlier, so stick with that, the team has been competitive, so wouldn't change too much.

I toyed with the idea of something similar to 2 but though we would be too slow defending our forward 50, so would maybe need to bring in Banfield too to compensate, but that may be too many changes in an already unsettled team.

Yeo | Clark | Adcock
Patfull | Staker | Docherty
Hanley | Redden | Karnezis
Bewick | Paperone | Cornelius
Black | Michael | McGrath
Longer | Maloney | Raines
Int: Zorko, Polkinghorne, Mayes
Sub: Lester
In: Paperone, Karnezis, Clark, Longer
Out: Rockliff, Leuenberger, Brown, Lisle

more likely....

In: Clark, Karnezis, Longer
though status quo won't work. My side above is tall, and fast. With Michael, McGrath, Bewick, Black, Bewick, Cornelius and Paperone... You've got Lots of marking players that lead well.

Yeh plenty to exited about with that line up and totaly agree plenty of speed and also more defensive pressure in the forward line.
Sam Michael in the fullforward position .
Would like to see Ace to do some of those arching runs like Waite did on us on Sat.
Michael to be the main target only To have Ace with one of those arching runs to make a mark in front.
Some exiting outside run with Karnie to run off Maloney and Black. Would only change Lester with Mayes to be Emerg. with Rhino and Lisle, may need Lesters Grunt. Ash plays down back and Clarke to take Cloke out of the game.

Bartlett is on the rookie list so highly unlikely as there is no more spots till the middle of the year

Does ash deserve a game? That handball alone is worth a week in the ressies... Though we need experience

I am thinking something along the lines of:

Yeo | Clark | Adcock
McGrath | Patfull | Docherty
Hanley | Redden | Polks
Zorko | Lisle | Staker
Bewick | Michael | Green
Longer | Maloney | Raines
Int: Black, Lester, Karnezis
Sub: Mayes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Brown out, the forwards really need to step up. The shots at goal were so inaccurate and to beat Collingwood, we can't let that happen.

Tapouts/ stoppages bit of a concern .
Billy the kid will probably be doing most of the early hitouts, I dont know how he's been going the last month , but he was mistiming his leap earlier this year in the seniors.
Having said that even with Leuie winning the tapouts , we were still losing the clearances , opposition mids reading the tap better or just moving better.. Probably my biggest hate about Rich's game, too flat footed at the stoppages imo.
So we need our mids to be MOVING and not flat footed get ready to POUNCE on OUR and THEIR tapouts , will be the difference imo.
Would love to see absolute desperation , must win our share in the clearances for the whole 4 quarters. Lose this and it's gonna get ugly , stating the obvious I know.

No different to any other game imo, we just need to have better running patterns (movement) around the stoppages.
Do this and it may be enough to start the belief rolling .
Go hard and smart and we can still cause an upset , still alot of talent out there.
I'm exited, Karnie to carve up and I hope he pumps his own tyres up , I'm getting tired my cheeks are sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back