Preview Rd 10 2013: Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I didn't see the Jolly incident, so I can't comment.
Browny swinging his arm into an opponents head seemed pretty intentional to me.

Anyhow, I didn't post to start a fight, more questioning whether or not you would have appealed if the fixture was different.

Th
If you had Freo away this week and Pies at home the following match, would you have challenged?

IMO, was never going to get away with what he did.

The only difference between this decision and Jolly's high intentional low impact strike behind play is that the umpire paid a free kick against Jolly and didn't against Brown. For once, a free kick given against us may have been the best decision.

Stuff them, I hope the youngsters stick it right up them in our jumper

holy shit, if we win, i'll quit work.. lol

anyways, i feel so sorry for voss, he doesn't have much to work with, shame this had to ****ing happen on our first friday night game in years.. ****

Nothing to lose now. Friday night, all eyes on our game, wearing the real jumper. Here's an opportunity for our kids; our real kids, to step up and take ownership of this team. We weren't meant to beat the Pies in '03 either.

If we pull it off it will be one of the more inspiring victories I've seen.

Great time to look at a mobile forward line this week. Karnezis, Crisp and Longer in for the 3 out. Michael also goes out for Clarke. Next generation. Should be interesting!

I believe the term is "unpredictable" ;)

Given McGrath gets up and Banfield doesn't play, the most players we can field with 50+ games experience is 10. That means 12 players under 50 games of experience at a minimum, and at least 6 with less than 25 games (25-50 game players (current no. of games); Zorko (25), Green (25), Cornelius (25), Lester (27), Harwood (30), Bewick (37)). Slightly younger than the side we put out against Sydney.

This week gives us a clear picture on Ace:
* selected/not selected - is his card stamped?
* "you're our go to man" - have personally thought the battle is in his head. If he gets a chance there's no other personality in the way of his limelight. This is a chance to shine...
* if or how he gets beaten - is it an afl vs neafl difference?

I'd play him to give clear answers for his future.

Nothing to lose now. Friday night, all eyes on our game, wearing the real jumper. Here's an opportunity for our kids; our real kids, to step up and take ownership of this team. We weren't meant to beat the Pies in '03 either.

If we pull it off it will be one of the more inspiring victories I've seen.

Are you referring to the Grand Final :confused: ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great time to look at a mobile forward line this week. Karnezis, Crisp and Longer in for the 3 out. Michael also goes out for Clarke. Next generation. Should be interesting!

I think Michael should stay, and Id play him foward, with him and longer doing the ruck duties. Lilse has to go. No contest in the ruck and cant mark the ball in a contest.
Harwoood would surely come in, and hope he plays on ball. Even if ash is out we still have doc, yeo, and jed all to play as small / medium sized defenders.

Who gets the job on cloke, Clarke has been great since comming in BUT is he strong enough to go with him.

Last week Pies v swans O keefe totally shut pendelberry out of the match, have we got somebody to go with him, I think pendles would just burn rainesy off and rainesy has been getting more outside mids latley

With browny out could actually force our mids to look for foward targets instead of the old bomb it away to browny mentality. The other thing is N maxwell is very effective at getting across and playing as that spare man in defence, BUT get him one on one and he actually isnt to crash hot.

This week gives us a clear picture on Ace:
* selected/not selected - is his card stamped?
* "you're our go to man" - have personally thought the battle is in his head. If he gets a chance there's no other personality in the way of his limelight. This is a chance to shine...
* if or how he gets beaten - is it an afl vs neafl difference?

I'd play him to give clear answers for his future.

I think paperone has overtaken him.....

Collingwood went in as well backed favourites in the 2003 grand final.

That's only because the flood of money came from their toothless wagon of goons in Victoria. If you actually look at the team they put out that day, there was nothing more sure than a whalloping from the Lions :D

One of the worst Grand Final teams in the history of the game. Mick did a remarkable job with that team.

That's only because the flood of money came from their toothless wagon of goons in Victoria. If you actually look at the team they put out that day, there was nothing more sure than a whalloping from the Lions :D

One of the worst Grand Final teams in the history of the game. Mick did a remarkable job with that team.

Again, you are saying that with the gift of hindsight.

They were deserved favourites at the time... they beat us at the MCG in the qualifying final 3 weeks prior.

I remember leading up to the 03' Grand Final the entire panel on the footy show, including all their guests, tipped Collingwood to win.

Robert Walls was the only one who backed us. Funny the random things that stick with you.

...please excuse the intrusion from a toothless goon!

I fully agree with your last couple of sentences -looking back I still can't work out how that side made the Grand Final. TheBrownDog is correct -Collingwood did go into the Grand Final as favourites -on the strength of having beaten Brisbane at the 'G two weeks earlier in the semi-final. But once we lost Rocca for whacking Brendan Lade in the Prelim, we no longer had a forward line. Jason Cloke at CHF FFS!

Edit: too slow with the reply!

Again, you are saying that with the gift of hindsight.

They were deserved favourites at the time... they beat us at the MCG in the qualifying final 3 weeks prior.

I disagree, I knew we had the much better team - I'm not one to follow the other sheep.

On GF day 2003, they had the likes of Lokan, R.Cole, R.Lonie, Kinnear, J.Cloke, Walker and no kicks himself, Neon Leon Davis. It was over before it started. No hindsight for me :D

Brown getting one week, let alone two is a ridiculous decision.

I agreed to a sig/avatar bet yesterday thinking that Browny would get a simple reprimand, not one, let alone two weeks.

I think we need a clear strategy...
Which would you use?

1. Safe (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Michael. In: Longer, Clark, Karnezis, Banfield)

2. Tall Runners (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Green, Lisle. In: Longer, Clark, Karnezis, Paperone, Crisp)

3. Tall (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Green. In: Longer, Clark, Paperone, Cornelius)

4. Fast (out: Leuey, Brown, Rockliff, Lisle. In: Longer, Banfield, Harwood, Bartlett)

5. Expected (out: Leuey, Brown, Rockliff. In: Karnezis, Clark, Longer)

Which one would you do? 1? 2? 3? 4? 5?

I think we need a clear strategy...
Which would you use?

1. Safe (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Michael. In: Longer, Clark, Karnezis, Banfield)

2. Tall Runners (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Green, Lisle. In: Longer, Clark, Karnezis, Paperone, Crisp)

3. Tall (out: leuey, brown, Rockliff, Green. In: Longer, Clark, Paperone, Cornelius)

4. Fast (out: Leuey, Brown, Rockliff, Lisle. In: Longer, Banfield, Harwood, Bartlett)

5. Expected (out: Leuey, Brown, Rockliff. In: Karnezis, Clark, Longer)

Which one would you do? 1? 2? 3? 4? 5?

I like to go with the expected outs. We have played good footy the past few weeks and we should try keep the current structures as much as possible.

I'd also like to go 4, just to see Bartlett :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back