Preview Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are on the money….

We haven’t had a late change for a while so need and we are trying to get our season momentum back - so lets go back to tried and true late change.

I reckon a tall defender out given condition and 2E in

Gc are pretty tall up front. If we have a change i doubt its a tall back.

I thought I'd nailed the meat tray, but it would require Clark to be a late out for Tuohy.

If they keep Clark in, my guess is Bowes plays half back more in the Duncan role.

Need bowes in the MF against rowell.

Put moc in the duncan role.

Which is honestly what we need most. We're going to have nurse a ruck division through the full season and hope something is left with some fitness for finals
I honestly would be fine if we Blitz was our no 1 ruck... I personally would like it be Conway but it doesn't look like they are going to play him full time..
If we rested Blitz the odd time. I'd be happy with ether either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly would be fine if we Blitz was our no 1 ruck... I personally would like it be Conway but it doesn't look like they are going to play him full time..
If we rested Blitz the odd time. I'd be happy with ether either

A Blicavs Neale ruck group is a bit of gamble in a final, we've bottled finals on that kind of decision before. But it lets us play really wide. We'd be able to move on either wing as long as we go quick.

Cameron, Rohan, O.Henry with Dangerfield rotating between forward and Mid

FB Henry De Koning O'Connor
HB Stewart Kolodashnij Z.Guthrie
C Holmes Guthrie Dempsey
HF Miers Cameron Close
FF Stengle Neale Rohan
Fol Blicavs Bruhn Bowes
Int Atkins Parfitt Dangerfield O.Henry

Who actually does have a worse midfield than geelong??? West coast??? Even north melbournes probably gets the nod with LDU and Simpkin.

Our best hope most games is to go defensive at centre bounces, lock it up until the 6-6-6 is broken and set up from there around the ball.

The game was lost out of first and 2nd quarter center bounces last week. It was like watching a afl midfield Vs a VFL midfield with how bad it was.

It wasn’t just the numbers but more so the quality of the clearances they got. Walked it in like they were carrying a picnic basket.

I’m actually not a stats stickler. I think stats tell you very little. It’s all about impact and quality of defense or transition that is the real result determinant.

Our defensive capabilities were terrible around the ball last week in that first half.

I do believe the htb interpretations are hurting sides like us and GWS. The AFL seems to be trying to discourage defensive antics around the ball and wants to heavily reward the player winning it. Regardless of the actual rules.

Does pace hurt us?? I am not sure of that. I don’t think we are a slow side. We have a few zippy players and those who like to run all day. I don’t classify us slow… we probably have a lack of speed in our back half, but honestly most teams don’t seem to prioritize speed in the back half as opposed to interceptors and strong bodies in contests.

You have a player or two who is used to slingshot, but overall defensive speed doesn’t seem to be prioritized in comparison to offensive speed.

I'm going to remember your post in future, instead of yelling "They're so bloody slow" but I guess that was watching Hawk in his midfield forays, Blics couldn't bend to pick up, Duncan walking in glue, Stanley immobile, and a couple of contested midfield balls having slow reflexes =no idea, twice was Ollie, MOC. When Holmes, Miers, Dempsey,Rohan et al get on a run, especially with over the back balls, we look good. I think we are getting seriously studied, and made to look slow by a combination of factors.

A Blicavs Neale ruck group is a bit of gamble in a final, we've bottled finals on that kind of decision before. But it lets us play really wide. We'd be able to move on either wing as long as we go quick.

Cameron, Rohan, O.Henry with Dangerfield rotating between forward and Mid

FB Henry De Koning O'Connor
HB Stewart Kolodashnij Z.Guthrie
C Holmes Guthrie Dempsey
HF Miers Cameron Close
FF Stengle Neale Rohan
Fol Blicavs Bruhn Bowes
Int Atkins Parfitt Dangerfield O.Henry

Drawing a line through number twenty six?

Wouldn't be surprised if Conway subbed at half time

I don't want that if he's going Okay. More like he's already had his toes wet, let's throw him in the deep end of that sweaty sea and see what he's got, if he's fit - and it has to be better than bad Stanley at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back