HB: Nick Stevens, Bret Thornton, Dennis Armfield
C: Kade Simpson, Aaron Joseph, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Ryan Houlihan, Brad Fisher, Mitch Robinson
F: Setanta O’hAilpin, Brendan Fevola, Eddie Betts
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Chris Judd, Marc Murphy
I/C: Steven Browne, Jeff Garlett, Shaun Hampson, Jordan Russell
Emg[/B]: [/B]Joe Anderson, Richard Hadley, Chris Yarran

In: Fisher, Garlett, Houlihan, O'hAilpin
Out: Richard Hadley, Jarrad Waite (knee), Simon Wiggins (hamstring), Chris Yarran

EAGLES
B: Mitch Brown, Darren Glass, David Wirrpanda
HB: Mark Nicoski, Eric Mackenzie, Shannon Hurn
C: Andrew Embley, Daniel Kerr, Matt Rosa
HF: Tom Swift, Josh Kennedy, Scott Selwood
F: Adam Hunter, Quinten Lynch, Mark LeCras
Foll: Dean Cox, Chris Masten, Adam Selwood
Int: Brad Ebert, Jamie McNamara, Ben McKinley, Tyson Stenglein, ,
Emg: Sam Butler, Mark Seaby, Matt Spangher

In: Hunter, LeCras, McNamara, Stenglein, Swift
Out: Priddis (groin), Butler, Cockie, B Jones, Seaby

Carlton
B: Michael Jamison, Mark Austin, Paul Bower
Emg: Joe Anderson, Richard Hadley, Chris Yarran

Out: Richard Hadley, Jarrad Waite (knee), Simon Wiggins (hamstring), Chris Yarran

A bit of a worry if you believe the reports about Houlihan's attitude. I think Yarran is a bit stiff since he has looked all class but I guess they are managing his load. Other than that nothing too surprising

OK... disappointed here, i had a feeling Hadley would be dropped, but i was hoping to replace him with anotha hard nut... aka Ellard who played bloody well in reserves (houlihan is soft and hasnt preformed in reserves)... im a Houlihan fan, but goes beyond me how he got back in the team without performing in VFL level....
Yarran dropped after playing possibly his best game so far... he needs some confidence, should of kept him in... Though Garlett has looked promising in VFL.
Happy with Fisher and O'Halpin, big test for O'Halpin over then enxt 2-3 weeks whether he will still be in our list next year...
Russel STILL IN!!! FAR OUT,, his got a love affair going with the MC i think

Gartlett a bit of a surprise. Obviously they arnt happy with Yarran's defensive pressure and what a pacier aboriginal forward (in place of Yarran) to stalk the backmen and keep the ball in.

Other ins arnt a surprise. Good to see hoops in, hopefully add a bit of experience and lift the skills coming forward. Like the look of the forward line with fish in it, just looks more potent than wiggins.

Carlton
Emg[/b]: [/b]Joe Anderson, Richard Hadley, Chris Yarran

snickers.jpg

A bit of a worry if you believe the reports about Houlihan's attitude. I think Yarran is a bit stiff since he has looked all class but I guess they are managing his load. Other than that nothing too surprising

What reports are these? from people who dont rate hoops id say. Teague's match report said he had a great attitude and sacrificed his game as he was getting heavily tagged. Sounds like great attitude to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What reports are these? from people who dont rate hoops id say. Teague's match report said he had a great attitude and sacrificed his game as he was getting heavily tagged. Sounds like great attitude to me.

Incorrect - he has been terrible and very disinterested at VFL level.

Not saying he isn't up to it (I am actually glad to have him back looking at the alternates), just wish he could've pushed harder whilst in the magoo's

Obviously Grigg might be in the reserves this week. Need him to get match fit, we need him in the side. His run and carry along with Walker has been missing for us.

Yea.. good point.. Grigg left out after an outstanding game in reserves... maybe not fit enough... not risking it yet, give him 1 more match for fitness maybe =\

Carlton
Emg[/b]: [/b]Joe Anderson, Richard Hadley, Chris Yarran

Well, at least the MC has brought in Fish... how much can one man do in the reserves to earn a recall? Not sure if Hoops deserves the recall though. Got a feeling Yarran is a little stiff, however Garlett must have obviously pressed for selection in the 2's. Yazz might need a rest anyway:D. Irish up forward as a 3rd tall... interesting to see how well that works.

JR.... boy I don't like ripping on him but he is DEAD SET LUCKY not to have been dropped... 4th interchange two weeks in a row.

Holla shouldn't be in, hasn't looked interested in the reserves. Seems to have been rewarded for doing nothing, ohh well.

I was a little surprised to see Yarran out as well, BUT, I guess the the MC's idea to is to give him tastes of AFL and develop his fitness/get used to the gameplans etc this year.

Still, Garlett (it has no T after the R people!) in surprised me a bit, but I'm not gonna complain. I like the look of him.

I'm glad Hadley is out... he just hasn't been in form at all. Not sure what's going on there, but anyway let's see how he goes in the Ants.

It will be good to see Fish again, I just hope he has a good game (and our forward line in general to work properly).

EDIT: Oh, and I'm really glad to see Browne still in. He's obviously still adjusting to the pace of this level but he has good skills and a surprisingly good overhead mark, and overall I think he could really be a player for us.

Ellard who played bloody well in reserves (houlihan is soft and hasnt preformed in reserves)... im a Houlihan fan, but goes beyond me how he got back in the team without performing in VFL level....

Rumours are he was only in the VFL to serve a club suspension. Ellard can't play until they nominate him, which they can't do until they place Waite on the LTI, which I am guessing takes time and paperwork that can't be done in the short time they had from surgery results on Tuesday.

Where's Grigga?

Needed another week according to Teague

Can't believe Yarran out and Armfield still in.

Army killed against the hawks, and has had many other good games. Yarran has had 1 average game and 2 horrible ones. Get over it.

Is Scotland injured or out because of form?

Not on the injury list and I thought he was named last week. LAte withdrawl?
Late withdrawal last week with a viral illness. If he has the flu he could miss 2-3 weeks.

I am surprised that Hoops is back in. Doesn't send the right message from an MC point of view IMO.

Garlett for Yarran. Maybe they just wanted to give Yarran a taste, let him know what level he needs to be at, then go back to the two's to work on a few things. Not that upset with it.

Grigg won't have played a full match last week and they'll be looking to increase his TOG. Another good one in the two's should see him in for the Lions game.

Fisher and Setanta - c'mon boys......time to deliver.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

News RD 10 Teams:- Carlton v West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back