Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

Shattered! We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! Umpiring was a disgrace yet again. Watched the game with a neutral supporter he was dumbfounded at the crap blues didn't get and bombers did(I just screamed and lost voice). Why do we get a review for 2 mins over whether its out of bounds/behind but Jeffys was just paid behind straight away?
Umpiring aside you don't be a top 4 team get 5 goals up and lose. We still can't win 4 games in a row against decent opposition was same under Ratts. When this finally happens I think we will finally have the intestinal fortitude to go all the way. Still a few too many guys who really like running one way and not the other, but at the end of the day hope this game doesn't shatter our spirit at least where not getting smashed. So hope they come out next week and show some guts against the hawks. Betts should've been the sub not yarran.
I actually thought the umpiring was okay tonight... Generally let the players play. Sure, the Garlett decision was rubbish, but the goal to Eddie was also probably a point so evens. The push in the back was as clear as day but the umpire was not close enough to make the decision... very poorly positioned standing on the 50.

I'm bitterly disappointed... but the umpires didn't cost us the game.

Don't stress everybody. The clean up will continue tomorrow. Some thread bans and one dayers have been issued as that is all we have right now. Tonight has been feral, and they wonder why we maintain a hard line approach.
Your deletion of posts by one Carlton supporter is poor form.

I actually happen to broadly agree with him. Am I in for the same treatment?

Your deletion of posts by one Carlton supporter is poor form.

I actually happen to broadly agree with him. Am I in for the same treatment?

Time and place sherb. Go read the repetitive negative agenda rules and get back to me. I'm rather busy for local tantrums.

The thing that really frustrates me about Lucas is that sure he missed the goal, but he keeps demanding the ball and getting in the way of our players. So often I saw him like half a metre away from our players when they are trying to pick up the ball, but does he think to lay a sheppard no, in fact he stretches his arm wanting the ball. Then when he receives the ball and one of our players is running alongside him do you think he lays it off, no of course not, what he does is get in the "indecisive" mode, he'll hold up the play wait for the opposition to get in position, then he'll look around pick the worst decision he can possibly make.

Carlton does not need a Lucas in the team, we have another crap player Simpson already in the team so it's one or the other who would you pick?

Shits me to no end that we're still plagued by issues that should be non factors by now.

I'd expect three quarters of footy and a down hill skiing from the 2009 Blues, not the 2013 Blues who are much more defensive minded and in a game where there was almost no counter attacking until the Bombers got cheap goals late.

Shattered! We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! Umpiring was a disgrace yet again. Watched the game with a neutral supporter he was dumbfounded at the crap blues didn't get and bombers did(I just screamed and lost voice). Why do we get a review for 2 mins over whether its out of bounds/behind but Jeffys was just paid behind straight away?

Wtf? The umpiring was unusually even all through the game.

So we have finally found a permanent position for Casbolt - He is a very good traditional CHF.

I have been saying for years since we got him that he was going to be a lead up/roaming CHF for us... but everyone wanted to play him as a lead up FF. His field kicking is good, but his kicking for goal isnt the best in the world. I would leave him plonked at CHF with instructions to hunt the ball... even if it means going to FB to get it.

And he isnt the slowest tall over the ground either so him getting back to the forward line quickly would also help when we get the ball heading in that direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the umpiring was fine,the inability to close out matches however is infuriating.
Typical Malthouse game really, numerous taggers and ineffective disposal through the middle of the ground.Should not have lost tonight and you could feel the momentum swing late in the third when 3 goals should have iced the game but bad misses led to Essendon goals. It just feels like some players just don't cut the mustard when the heat is on.

How good is Cachia going to be.

Seriouly, I had my doubts on him playing on Watson, but he did a fine job. Lets hope he can develop an outside game as he doesn't really have one at the moment. His inside game is pretty good. Wins the ball, finds player on the outside.

We were unlucky tonight but still we need to be better. Were very 1 dimensional.

Not sure why Yarran was the sub. Not defensive enough?

I'm not criticising him. We really needed someone to take marks when we got the ball back late.

No we really needed people for the fast break and Betts, Garlett and Yarran along with Yarran failed to present. Waite jumped at plenty of the ball and the amount of times Essendon rebounded with no pressure from our smalls was ridiculous. 1 goal 3 behinds from the three of them lost us the game.

Had to say Yarran twice because damn that mark Winderlich took on him was really bad.

I have been saying for years since we got him that he was going to be a lead up/roaming CHF for us... but everyone wanted to play him as a lead up FF. His field kicking is good, but his kicking for goal isnt the best in the world. I would leave him plonked at CHF with instructions to hunt the ball... even if it means going to FB to get it.

And he isnt the slowest tall over the ground either so him getting back to the forward line quickly would also help when we get the ball heading in that direction.
He dominated at the ground tonight. You could see his run... and the players looked for him... but he ran out of legs. To be the player you want (and I want) him to be, he's going to have to build a bigger tank. But he's definitely progressing... and he will dominate in games if we keep playing him in this position... and you're right, his field kicking is good.

No we really needed people for the fast break and Betts, Garlett and Yarran along with Yarran failed to present. Waite jumped at plenty of the ball and the amount of times Essendon rebounded with no pressure from our smalls was ridiculous. 1 goal 3 behinds from the three of them lost us the game.
Yep, it was quite obvious... the ball would come to ground in the 50 and we were nowhere near it.

I actually thought the umpiring was okay tonight... Generally let the players play. Sure, the Garlett decision was rubbish, but the goal to Eddie was also probably a point so evens. The push in the back was as clear as day but the umpire was not close enough to make the decision... very poorly positioned standing on the 50.

I'm bitterly disappointed... but the umpires didn't cost us the game.

Not saying they cost us the game just wonder why do we always get overlooked for momentum giving/changing frees where as other teams get them.Plus yes eddie was pushed in the back but 2 seconds before that waite has hurley laying on him right in the centre of his back but nothing paid where as young daniher does the Llyod flop gets a free shot at it why? plus dropping the ball is absolutely non-existent! Why bother to tackle?

Eddie Betts playing decoy on Fletcher was a waste we needed him to kick goals for us

Should have sent Robbo to him again. Then again, that might have been too close to "my gameplan hasnt worked so why dont we just admit we;re using a modified ratten plan"

We shot ourselves pure and simple. We lifted the foot off the accelerator and got rear ended (literally) simple misses were costly, our little fellas were all over the place. Lucas and Army miss sitters.

A bad day at the office. Worse of all, Whorethorn next week. Oh lord.

seriously Carlton were is our composure? Yarran chokes a kick to win us the game against Richmond (should have passed to mclean) we choke a 2 goals lead leading up to the last qtr against the pies, elliot kicks 5-6? wtf! and now we choke being 5 goals up against the Ess, seriously wtf is going on with Carlton how many close games do we lose? Sydney final,Brisbane final, west coast final...... i could keep on going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back