Preview Rd 13 Cats V Swans Sunday June 9 320pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We showed Port no respect and rested players. Cost us 4 points.
We don't have the luxury to rest a player of his calibre on a whim anymore as a result.

Lose on Sunday and we could drop like a stone.
From 3rd to potentially 7th by round's end. Then out of the 8 during our bye.... With the Blues after that.

We used up our ladder position rest credits v Port.
No captain is fail selection.
We'd all prefer Danger was playing. But if it's a choice between (a) play him now and risk re-injury and stuffing up his season, or (b) hold him off and give him a chance to get right to play out 2024, you'd surely have to take (b).

I'm gonna assume the team of highly skilled medical professionals have some idea what they're doing. Especially given their success with him in 2022.

Huh?

The doubters have been proven correct time and again for the last 18 months. One game doesn’t “prove” anything, not for a 33yo player.

He had a good three years from 2020-22 and won a flag. Nobody is taking that away.

We'd all prefer Danger was playing. But if it's a choice between (a) play him now and risk re-injury and stuffing up his season, or (b) hold him off and give him a chance to get right to play out 2024, you'd surely have to take (b).

I'm gonna assume the team of highly skilled medical professionals have some idea what they're doing. Especially given their success with him in 2022.
Yes agree and considering we are not favoured to win with or without him, then maybe it’s the right choice. My concern is…. That we are trying to peak at the right time, yet will we have enough wins to compete at the right time of year?

Yes agree and considering we are not favoured to win with or without him, then maybe it’s the right choice. My concern is…. That we are trying to peak at the right time, yet will we have enough wins to compete at the right time of year?
Well said - not much point peaking at the right time from a ladder position that doesn't give you the best opportunity to go deep in finals... In any case we are probably just not up to it this year anyway given our issues with ruck and midfield?

Better to stuff his season after the bye.
If he is that brittle, we are stuffed.

Good in theory. I hope. Just don't see us winning that many contested overhead marks. In fact Neale is our best chance of maybe getting 2 or 3, Rowan 1. JC and Hawk none in F50. And there will be dump kicks in

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Stop all big long bombs! Kick to Hawkins on the lead, which is usually a goal.

Better to stuff his season after the bye.
If he is that brittle, we are stuffed.
Yeah if he has been ready for a week or two and then we give him another 2 weeks to be ready and then he does another hammy then it could be time for danger to be a full time forward or even move on to the commentary box…

Scotty said Danger is being saved for Carlton game after the bye because it's a more important game than the Sydney game :oops:

John Longmire will be thrilled.

Scotty also said we should get a few more back for the Carlton game + 'We want to have a real crack at the back half of the season.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're assuming there's no benefit to his brittleness in the work they do with him over the next few weeks. I think that's unlikely. And I reckon the club doctors know more than you or I about it, too.
Club doctors yes, well the whole medical team + coaches.

In an interview, Danger said coaches are focusing on teaching him to bend his knees, instead of just launching from the standing position. Bending his knees also applies when bending to gather the ball, all of his ground work. At 34, it's a huge change to make to his game. It's about six weeks now? Long time without him, only a short time to change his game so enormously.

Got out of jail and put the Tuggers to bed after 1/2 time.

60 point turnaround led by Bowes, Stengle, Atkins, Dempsey, Kolo - not the old age brigade. Neale had a few moments too.

Point is - this week V the Swans if we have a bad 5 mins we are cooked.

Our MF can't get smashed again and expect to be able to turn it around V the best team in the game right now on their dung heap.

We get BLitz and Clark back in form MRO duties, and maybe PFD as well.

9-4 into the Bye week would be nice but probably over inflates our position a bit given the struggles we have been showing.

Still - winners are grinners and for now we are.

Maybe we can get it together and give them a run for their money.

GO Catters
Sorry delete if not kosher, and redirect me if I should be doing this elsewhere, but is anyone wanting to offload a ticket or two tickets to the Sydney vs Geelong game. My wife and teenage son are visiting Sydney from regional NSW but he had no luck landing a seat and is a mad Cats fan.

Scotty said Danger is being saved for Carlton game after the bye because it's a more important game than the Sydney game :oops:
That wasn't what he said.
"This is an important game for us - they all are - but not as important as the ten home and away games that follow the bye".

It wasn't about Sydney vs Carlton.

You cant bag the selectors , very difficult this week selecting the Geel team this week , could have come up with numerous different options

So against that backdrop , just a little bit of window dressing perhaps , im pleased Parfitt is not in the squad picked , Hawkins great player and all the rest of it , but he is like a Road Train with 4 punctured tyres , he can hardly move , thus i wouldnt mind him being a late out , for basically anyone of the emergencies, and i do think Neale will make it as a player

The final change , a like for a like , id bring in Mannagh , and no one is above playing in the 2nds , Ablett Snr had to do it at Princess Park in 91 against Haw in his comeback match , a game that i attended . And in the LAST 3-4 weeks Miers form has gone right out that gate , that shocking fumble from a handpass receive in the last qtr against Rich costing the Cats a great team goal

Thus id drop Miers and bring in Mannagh , and id play Miers in the centre in the 2nds , 80-90% game time and tell him to play like a Centreman/Midfielder , and thus if it is advantageous to kick the ball long in certain situations then kick the ball long and direct , rather than allways just dinkly little passes . And Geel get an opportunity to see if Miers can cut the mustard as a midfielder which gives the Cats another possible option

It's a hamstring, he's over 30, that's always a cotton wool job.
Yeah if he has been ready for a week or two and then we give him another 2 weeks to be ready and then he does another hammy then it could be time for danger to be a full time forward or even move on to the commentary box…
That’s fair, do other teams do this? Holding players back? I don’t reckon, but I don’t follow opposition injuries closely though.

The final change , a like for a like , id bring in Mannagh , and no one is above playing in the 2nds , Ablett Snr had to do it at Princess Park in 91 against Haw in his comeback match , a game that i attended . And in the LAST 3-4 weeks Miers form has gone right out that gate , that shocking fumble from a handpass receive in the last qtr against Rich costing the Cats a great team goal

Thus id drop Miers and bring in Mannagh , and id play Miers in the centre in the 2nds , 80-90% game time and tell him to play like a Centreman/Midfielder , and thus if it is advantageous to kick the ball long in certain situations then kick the ball long and direct , rather than allways just dinkly little passes . And Geel get an opportunity to see if Miers can cut the mustard as a midfielder which gives the Cats another possible option
Miers was close to our best player in a poor team effort against the Suns three weeks ago. He was quiet against GWS and actually poor against Richmond last week. Until then he was probably leading the B&F.

It's highly unlikely he'll be dropped.

Wonder if Channel 7 are regretting their broadcast schedule for tomorrow.

While 1st play 3rd in the AFL, Channel 7 will be showing the riveting clash between last and 3rd last in the VFL instead.

Wonder if Channel 7 are regretting their broadcast schedule for tomorrow.

While 1st play 3rd in the AFL, Channel 7 will be showing the riveting clash between last and 3rd last in the VFL instead.
Regretting not having as much money to buy the better games as uncle Rupert

You cant bag the selectors , very difficult this week selecting the Geel team this week , could have come up with numerous different options

So against that backdrop , just a little bit of window dressing perhaps , im pleased Parfitt is not in the squad picked , Hawkins great player and all the rest of it , but he is like a Road Train with 4 punctured tyres , he can hardly move , thus i wouldnt mind him being a late out , for basically anyone of the emergencies, and i do think Neale will make it as a player

Many agree with you-
Agree with most of that post but...
I'd love Parfitt back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back