Preview Rd 13 Cats V Swans Sunday June 9 320pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean gone in underdog?

Maybe that too, but 17th placed Richmond beat 14th placed Adelaide, 13th placed Brisbane beat the 11th placed Bulldogs, 12th placed Hawthorn beat 7th placed GWS, 18th placed North beat 16th placed West Coast, and 15th placed St Kilda beat 8th placed Gold Coast.

Maybe that too, but 17th placed Richmond beat 14th placed Adelaide, 13th placed Brisbane beat the 11th placed Bulldogs, 12th placed Hawthorn beat 7th placed GWS, 18th placed North beat 16th placed West Coast, and 15th placed St Kilda beat 8th placed Gold Coast.
Ah sorry misread original post. Let's keep it going for anything game

An omen for us going into tomorrow - every team who has gone into the game thus far this weekend lower than their opponent on the ladder has ended up winning.
It has been a strange round in that respect. So I'm not sure whether I believe we'll keep the trend going or stop it in its tracks.

Feels to me now that we will either (somewhat inexplicably) win or get absolutely torched. Can't see any sort of 'honourable loss' resulting from this game at this point.

Parfitt instead, no idea why.
Not upset about that.

Even though it’s “only” a change to the emergency list, it’s a pity for Mannagh - he’s form has been pushing for a return if we had a spot open up forward

Another change to the squad for tomorrow - and it we won’t be seeing Mannagh this week

I wonder why that is? Mannagh missed last week for the baby we thought and trained this week so i doubt hes injured.

I wonder why that is? Mannagh missed last week for the baby we thought and trained this week so i doubt hes injured.
Surely it means that Parf is genuinely under consideration to come in as a late replacement for a mid who is struggling to get up for the game. Not sure of any other plausible explanation at this late stage.

I think both can be true.

Our midfield group show great promise. Holmes in particular looks like a multi all Australian in the making. Bruhn shows good signs. Dempsey doesn’t really play that role atm but is clearly very talented and may move to the midfield in time.

But on the whole it’s clearly an area of weakness this year, at least until danger and Guthrie get back. I think people are frustrated because if we had one extra proper elite midfielder, we’d all feel a lot more confident of giving it a shake this year.

I doubt the club sit on their hands and wait for that group to (hopefully) develop into A graders that consistently deliver. I imagine they’ll be looking at bringing someone in over this off-season or next to speed it along. But in the meantime I think people can both be happy with the progress of the young mids while also being frustrated when players like Atkins and parfitt are getting put to the sword by other teams.
it is as you say just one A grader only that can transform a midfield. As Harley is doing at WCE, as Danger did for us. LDU?

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Hi all. Ive got 5 tickets for tomorrow’s game, $65 per ticket. I’m currently fogged out at Launceston airport and it’s looking unlikely I’ll be able to make the game.

Just been informed the flights cancelled, and nothing available tomorrow, so I’m looking for expressions of interest to buy the tickets at face value. Please let me know if this might suit you!
RamsayBogunavich
Biscut
You 2 should talk

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there has been a bit of “media chatter” looking out for what our “super coach” will have in store to counter Sydney’s superior midfield.

I am scratching my head to think what he will do differently with the named team? The only thing he could would be to go quite negative and tag 1 if not 2 of the guns? In that case we will see Atkins/MOC/Mullin take up more of the MF roles?

Other than that I suspect he goes with what worked last week (it was a slightly changed mix) of Holmes, Bruhn, Atkins supplemented with the return of Blitz and Clark. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Clark as sub as his last game he spent less time in centre bounce and more on the wing (and I think we have better wing options).

I don’t know what else Scott could do unless he thinks about that long discussed Stewart into the middle?

So there has been a bit of “media chatter” looking out for what our “super coach” will have in store to counter Sydney’s superior midfield.

I am scratching my head to think what he will do differently with the named team? The only thing he could would be to go quite negative and tag 1 if not 2 of the guns? In that case we will see Atkins/MOC/Mullin take up more of the MF roles?

Other than that I suspect he goes with what worked last week (it was a slightly changed mix) of Holmes, Bruhn, Atkins supplemented with the return of Blitz and Clark. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Clark as sub as his last game he spent less time in centre bounce and more on the wing (and I think we have better wing options).

I don’t know what else Scott could do unless he thinks about that long discussed Stewart into the middle?

You can only dance with the shoes you've got and we've rocked up to the dance competition in thongs

It has been a strange round in that respect. So I'm not sure whether I believe we'll keep the trend going or stop it in its tracks.

Feels to me now that we will either (somewhat inexplicably) win or get absolutely torched. Can't see any sort of 'honourable loss' resulting from this game at this point.
That's interesting as honourable-ish loss (1-4 goals) I'd see as the second most likely outcome behind getting smashed.

That's interesting as honourable-ish loss (1-4 goals) I'd see as the second most likely outcome behind getting smashed.
Fair enough. It's only because all the other 'surprising' outcomes of this round so far do sometimes suggest a mystical continuance is in the offing. As you say, though, logic would tell you that your two most probable outcomes are on the money.

Game day thead

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back