Preview Rd 15 Carlton vs Richmond Friday 10th July 7.50pm @ MCG - Team post #416

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we make a late change, we have to go small rather than bring in Rowe. Maric out and Griffiths out weakens their marking power, and then they made the situation worse by bringing in Hampson. We don't need to extra talls.

Even if it doesn't rain it's going to be a cold and slippery affair from the outset, and will only get greasier as the night wears on. Get Boeky in and make him the sub.

If we make a late change, we have to go small rather than bring in Rowe. Maric out and Griffiths out weakens their marking power, and then they made the situation worse by bringing in Hampson. We don't need to extra talls.

I disagree. As good as Wood has been, I'd be dropping him for Rowe and allow Kruez to go alone against Hampson with a chop out from Levi.

Even though Vickery is an A Grade spud, I'd prefer to have Rowe on him as opposed to a much undersized first gamer in Fields or White. Jammo to Jack is a no-brainer.

As I logged in I was thinking about tonight's game and our chances. To my great delight two magpie larks landed in my back yard and we all know what that means. Two for joy! The pee wees have predicted a Carlton win. Go Blues. I'm not sure what the Indian Mynah birds mean. A further Google investigation is required. Stay safe everyone and don your thermals.

I'm not confident but I'm optimistic.
They laugh at Casboult on their board so I hope he kicks the winning goal on the siren after a contentious umpiring decision.
Only after they played on from a HTB decision......in there forward pocket..........and cough it up

They laugh at Casboult on their board so I hope he kicks the winning goal on the siren after a contentious umpiring decision.
They wont be laughing when he takes a specky on Rance's back......:eek:

I love being the underdogs...always a fighting chance...

I have a feeling it could be one of those games that we used to have over the Tigers several years ago. They come with hope, we smash em. Except now the other way around. Just a feeling. Tipped a close Port win last night and they got up. Have a feeling, but pray I am wrong, that this might be ugly for us.

If you hope for a loss every week why do you come on here when we do lose and totally melt down?
No-one should be hoping for a loss, but understand that we also need higher draft picks... Gets confusing this time of year if you're not in the finals race!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling it could be one of those games that we used to have over the Tigers several years ago. They come with hope, we smash em. Except now the other way around. Just a feeling. Tipped a close Port win last night and they got up. Have a feeling, but pray I am wrong, that this might be ugly for us.
I got not a bad feeling as well, I can't see them smashing us, If anything by a couple of goals... Our improvement over the past month or so has given me renewed hope about the direction we're heading... We can beat these tiges!!

Not for me it doesn't.
Meb I'm not saying I want to lose but won't be as upset if we're in a position to get a better player for future success, Got to go back to go fwd sometimes...

Funny thing was that he did kick a winning goal against them back in round 21 2013, but it wasn't like what you were thinking.

They're probably jealous because our forward line has started kicking in. Hell would break loose if they didn't have Mr. Reliable (Jack Riewoldt).

Kevin Bartlett as usual tips a 100 point smashing tonight.

This guy seriously needs to get that eye checked out.
Kev trolls Carlton listeners every week.

Then came on and, not knowing anything about Watsons from in 2015, goes on to say will Watson leave Carlton at the end of the year and be a champ elsewhere.

Even Dermie say's that the key to get the switch board, msgs, twitter and email working is to say anything about Carlton and watch them light up.

Kevin Bartlett as usual tips a 100 point smashing tonight.

This guy seriously needs to get that eye checked out.

usually when he says stuff like this he gets egg in his face...he's one of the main reasons why i want to beat this mob....
plus vickery...cant stand him!

He's having a career year but I don't see Edwards as a midfielder. More a half forward type who can contribute short bursts in the midfield and then cause a bit of havoc close to goal with his speed.

No doubt he is one we have to be wary of but I certainly would not be taking Curnow out of the midfield to try keep him quiet. Reckon we'll probably see Yarran matched up on Edwards for most of the evening. I've liked Yarran's defensive work of late, and of course he has the attacking game to really worry Edwards going the other way.

Edwards has an average 4 clearances per game to Ellis's 2.2 and has more contested possessions (10.9) than Ellis (7.2) despite Elliss having 6.2 more disposals per game. Ellis is a very good hard running link man and a so-so inside mid. Edwards is a quality midfielder who can and does go forward and kick goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back