Preview Rd 15 v GoDeez - Sat 22/6/24 - At the G -7.30pm - Danj

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Pink

In: Sellers

With Brynn in and competing well forward if the ball, there's quite literally no need for Pink now. I'd much rather someone who can at least threaten to hit the scoreboard

Simpkin in for Shiels if fit too. Please don't drop Phillips

Bring the level from the first half yesterday and we're well in this
This but needs more Duursma

And Colby if fit

Simpkin is a straight in if healthy
Duursma dominated VFL

Both will be 'in'. Probably for Jaidyn and Shiels or Tucker

Then I reckon we'll get Hardeman in for some extra defense.
I'd give Duurs one more week in the VFL and bring him in for the next marvel game. One good VFL game shouldn't be a direct-in IMO.

I'd give Duurs one more week in the VFL and bring him in for the next marvel game. One good VFL game shouldn't be a direct-in IMO.
I'd agree if there wasn't a like for like position for him to replace say Stephenson. Not fussed though, club will do what is best for him long term.

I'm not usually one for betting on North games (there's too much emotion and romance involved), but with no Trac and an undercooked Oliver, geez this is value.

View attachment 2022314
After yesterday IMO those are crazy odds even with us in last. I'd say around $3 would be closer to the mark given form of Melbourne before the break and ours since returning. Real value there.

I’ve already had the inevitable “you’ll beat us” from the resident local GoDees supporting doomsayers today. They’ve lost hope in the ability to connect the backline to midfield to the forwards, claiming “we’re a rabble mate!”

We’re still the youngest least experienced side so I know it’s another mountain to conquer for us, regardless of form and Dees lack of expectation, but I’m hoping the rare appearance at The ‘G helps inspire us to new heights.

I do think last weeks loss is going to sting for the young group and were going to come out flat as a tack
Honestly could go either way. Hopefully is stings so much they just maul the Demons off the park. Match committee can help by making a couple of changes that support the team.

I hear ya, but I’m really hoping that Clarko helps them find all the positives from the game & the no Trac, MCG game gives them a boost & we come out fired up.

We need to come out and SMASH EM

But do it evenly. Learn how to slow the game down in parts. Get breathers

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our goal now is to adapt to a more even effort across the four quarters. Unless your a champion team, it’s very hard just to blow teams away with just two and a half quarters of excellent football. It’s clear we had something in the tank at the end when we went behind. We completely dominated the last few minutes. If we can just stay with teams an be level or slightly ahead a three quarter time, that’s a better recipe for victory overall, in my opinion. Basically, yesterday, we were like Devon Loch in the Aintree Grand National. 🤣

Laz, Stephens, Duursma and Bergman all putting their hand up for inclusion. These guys deserve a shot now that the team is functioning properly. Shiels, Stevo and Tucker could all make way, I think. Stevo must never start as a sub ever again. Duursma or Laz could play that role. However, I’d prefer Duursma to be in the 22.

Laz, Stephens, Duursma and Bergman all putting their hand up for inclusion. These guys deserve a shot now that the team is functioning properly. Shiels, Stevo and Tucker could all make way, I think. Stevo must never start ever again. Duursma or Laz could play that role. However, I’d prefer Duursma to be in the 22.
Ftfy

Got a feeling we might see Cooper H in this week. Been reasonably consistent in the last few weeks.
He’s only had one good game this season which is the game just gone. Will need to back it up for at least another couple id say before being considered

I watched a pretty large chunk of the VFL game, and despite the stat's, don't want Lazarro back in any time soon, one of his very early touches in the 1st Q, under minimal pressure, was a 15-20m inside 50 straight to the opposition, despite numerous options of his own team mates to pick from. Persist with Phillips, and break glass in case of emergency only for Charlie. Tough for Hardeman to not play, but Duursma did ok with a bit midfield time, Harvey and Bergman coming along alright too.

Laz, Stephens, Duursma and Bergman all putting their hand up for inclusion. These guys deserve a shot now that the team is functioning properly. Shiels, Stevo and Tucker could all make way, I think. Stevo must never start as a sub ever again. Duursma or Laz could play that role. However, I’d prefer Duursma to be in the 22.
Maybe the team is functioning properly because of the guys in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back