Autopsy Pain v Godeez

Remove this Banner Ad

At the very least, that action should trigger a blood-rule-type send-off by the umpire until the doctor can decide whether concussion protocols are warranted.
Doing this would end the staging for it immediately.

Credit to the guy who kept saying we have to believe! that was sitting north cheersquad end. Although he wasn't a north fan and was just down from Sydney with friends he was geeing the crowd up and when we got the run on in the last quarter we all truly were believing. Bit of fun.

Why is it always us that got "a couple of lucky frees".

Even when they weren't lucky, and we've been reamed all game.

Every other team that makes a come back does so on merit apparently.
Wasn’t one of them a goal from advantage anyway? So totally irrelevant whether it was lucky or not?

"the rest of our careers" "proud to wear this jumper" every second word out of his mouth was shinboner... yeah he's definitely requesting a trade. sure.
Yeah. How do you feel? "Gutted."

Loved it but it made me a little sad.

If he picks it up and flicks it to Curtis we win. Jy appeared absolutely spent which may have played a part. Looked like he copped a whack mid way through the last and kind of seemed concussed/dazed
Doubtful for next week I reckon

I prefer the pain of almost winning to the pain of getting smashed without firing a shot.
A couple of posters are being very harsh on incidents at the end of the game.
LDU had the team on his shoulders, and an opportunity for an overhead mark that he barely missed. Happy for him to go for them every time, no way he could have known for sure there was a teammate in better position.
Jy knew there were literally seconds left, and a toe poke that puts the ball in front of Larkey wins us the game. Skill error and only just. Not the wrong decision at all imo.

Since when did it become appropriate to speak the F Bomb to kids around 6 or 7 as a matter fact conversation?

My mate Deez fan plonked in the North Members section sat beside me showing me the way of the new world for three quarters

At 3/4 time i decided to extricate myself from the $43 seat and stand on Level 1 behind the goals

Great to have been down there for that last quarter, but my mind still boggles..:
I swear at my kids all the time. Little ****en campaigners.

Nearly stole that game but unfortunately only showed up for a quarter. There were alot of positives but one of the big one's for mine was actually the north supporter base in the last quarter.

For the first time in a long time we became the 19th man,
we need to bring that much noise and support every game. I think it had a lot to do with the momentum swing.
There's 250km of some of the roughest water in the world between here and the G but you could still feel it over all that distance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Accurate it’s called inconsistency. You are a smart guy . It goes with the turf of being such a young side. Last week we got run down from 54 in front . This week we nearly ran someone down from 40.
We gave them both the fright of their lives. But we have got so much out of these 2 losses that we cannot underestimate. These hardships & types of disappointments are setting us up for the future. We are not perfect & we have much improvement to go. But the belief, courage & will power in these past 3 games for even the hardest of judges , “me” who all I asked was for effort is now here for all to see & enjoy again .
When you post stuff like this its so much better than that stupid thread you started.

I swear at my kids all the time. Little ****en campaigners.
Mum sticks the finger at me all the time 😂

I was talking to my partner about how shit the atmosphere was at the game and there was a shit umpire call that made my partner boo out loud. Anyways, a godeez kid turned around and I said “that kid has never heard a boo in his life”

Like bloody was well worn in the 1970-1980’s so is ****ing the new equivalent these days in families?

Serious question
Nah I was joking. My eldest swore alot tho. She's 12. (So did I at that age as well just not in front of my olds.) She was doing it more but mild disapproval seems to work best.

Mum sticks the finger at me all the time 😂

I was talking to my partner about how shit the atmosphere was at the game and there was a shit umpire call that made my partner boo out loud. Anyways, a godeez kid turned around and I said “that kid has never heard a boo in his life”
My youngest does that to me!!

I blame Eddie Ford.

Nah I was joking. My eldest swore alot tho. She's 12. (So did I at that age as well just not in front of my olds.) She was doing it more but mild disapproval seems to work best.

No you speaking casually like “****ing that was holding the ball, ****” to a kid?

Like in the 70’s it was “bloody holding the ball”

Bloody was taboo once

Horace what are your recollections on swearing as a kid?

No you speaking casually like “*ing that was holding the ball, *” to a kid?

Bloody was taboo once

I have to admit sometimes I swear around the kids watching the footy.

Like during the last five minutes on Saturday night.

No you speaking casually like “*ing that was holding the ball, *” to a kid?

Bloody was taboo once

Yes, that's my recollection too. It was very much frowned upon in our family.

However, living on a dairy farm, there were many times that the boundaries were tested, not by me I should say but other older family members were certainly tested, especially when the cows were calving in cold wet winters and springs, when all sorts of challenges set in.

I have to admit sometimes I swear around the kids watching the footy.

Like during the last five minutes on Saturday night.
Me and my football mate are shocking hence we always sit away from families and kids...usually up in the bleeders - I refuse to go to us v the scum because in todays climate l'd probably face a lifetime ban if l sat anywhere near the scum..might sit with the cheer squad next time we play them at home.

Too many posts here to read through and its probably been mentioned but what a dog act on the part of Stephen May to fake that head knock and suck the umpire in.

The umpire was incompetent in the first place that he had not already blown the whistle, called holding the ball and a free to Eddie Ford. That incident alone might have cost us the game.

Anyway the bit I really wanted to post here is that once again, Will Schofield showed how good a commentator he is. His call on the incident was to say that when players put their hands up to to their head in a tackling incident, they should have to go off the ground and go through the mandatory concussion protocols. That would fix that form of staging in a heartbeat.

Sincere apologies to anyone else who has already posted this here.

Too many posts here to read through and its probably been mentioned but what a dog act on the part of Stephen May to fake that head knock and suck the umpire in.

The umpire was incompetent in the first place that he had not already blown the whistle, called holding the ball and a free to Eddie Ford. That incident alone might have cost us the game.

Anyway the bit I really wanted to post here is that once again, Will Schofield showed how good a commentator he is. His call on the incident was to say that when players put their hands up to to their head in a tackling incident, they should have to go off the ground and go through the mandatory concussion protocols. That would fix that form of staging in a heartbeat.

Sincere apologies to anyone else who has already posted this here.

Would like to see the Schofield idea come in…and agree l do enjoy his commentary no bias, calls it as it is.
Very different to his playing days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pain v Godeez

Remove this Banner Ad

Back